• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

FireFox's Precious Pixels

NovaStar

█ ▄ █ ▄
Here's where I showcase all my sprites, old and new.
Feel free to critique and give me ideas on what to make next, I'm all ears.

Recent Work:
  • Scratches:
BacktoWork-1.gif

These are remakes of another spriters work for the fan game Pokemon Malachite.

• WSC Entries:
tentaquil_ver2.png

WSC121.png

• Recolours:
BeacheyKeenRecolor.png

This was going to be my entry for SSC Week 1 but sadly I didn't read the rules about no custom palettes. Anywho, I'll try my hand again later this week.

Older Stuff
Dunscarce2.gif
- First ever Scratch
SeldunShiny.png

My first and official fakemon I ever made. It went through a little, many, a lot of small changes when I first started spriting to now. This has also placed 2nd in the PokeCommunity "Create a Pokemon Contest" in which I take some pride in.

thunkong.png

This guy is apart of previously stated fan game I'm helping out with (Pokemon Malachite on PokeCommunity) and I'm thinking about redoing this in the near future.

I have several other, older works I could post but they are on my laptop. I might retrieve them later for the sake of it.

Last edited:

Plat. Frontier

Epic Mustache
These are really great, i just want to know what the remixes are, or know better what they are cause thay look cool :D

It seems like remixes are updated versions of older Pokemon.

The second remix's wing seems a little blunt.

Oh, and Firefox13: You have exactly until TOMORROW to recreate your entry for SSC, due to the judge not being available the next week.

Ah, so you did see that.

Anyway, I must say that those scratches are of a very high quality. That first stage looks like it could be a genuine sprite in a game, it's that quality. I think the second one, however, has a very awkward body shape and pose. it just doesn't seem right to me. Though the shading is very well done on it.

Both your WSC entries are very good, I really like Tentaquil and I love the Gladiator concept behind this week's entry.

Seldun is very well crafted as well. I think the shading is a little off in some places on him, and I don't like the way the tail has been done.

The final one's outline looks a little awkward and disjointed, but once again the shading is very well done.

So yeah, my main general advice would be that outlines need work, but your shading is spot on.

NovaStar

█ ▄ █ ▄
Yeah I have to admit that I could never get outlines "just" right. they've always been my achilles heel.

Last edited:

NovaStar

█ ▄ █ ▄
Well due to the lack of activity going on in the sprites section (apart from darkprince's project, props to him) I'll just put out an update.

• Edits:
ObligatoryFakemon.png

I fixed the majority of the issues wrong with this. Might add some puff to it's breast. (I know someone.... SOMEONE is going to make a joke out of that. lrn2birdanatomy)

Seldun-2.png

Added the drill end to the tail, hopefully solving the odd "curves into nothingness" problem.

• As I promised.. A walk down Memory Lane
derp.png

Just a simple edit to Meganium, could have put this in the meme WSC if it weren't for lowsy stinking rules. /sarcasm but still I like this very much even though it's one of my early eariy works.

WSC69.png

Oh god not these.... These were my entries for the 69th WSC which was zombify a pokemon. I best try to forget these.

bronzdollar.png

This was also a WSC (68 or 70 I really don't know) entry being retype 3 non rock/ground type pokemon into Ground or Rock types.

OriginCro.gif

....... No Comment
(My very very first scratch ever disregard Seldun this is were it actually started) Made for WSC [insert number here], make an Origin forme for a pokemon.

NovaStar

█ ▄ █ ▄
Eh since no one really cares I'll just bump this threa have an update.
Since I'm not so great at either revamps or animating I don't expect this to win any awards. But none the less here's a revamped Dunsparce Crystal sprite.
CrystalDunsparceRevamp.gif

PkmnHunter

You are amazing at scratch sprites. Most of them I might have mistaken for real pokemon. Thats actually a pretty good revamp and animation. Nice work!