• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

FireRed and LeafGreen Vs. Red and Blue

FireRed and LeafGreen Vs. Red and Blue

• FireRed and LeafGreen

Votes: 39 86.7%
  • Red and Blue

Votes: 6 13.3%

• Total voters

Kitsunetsuki

Guardiana Cristálica
I played Red and Blue, but they weren't the big deal. Their remakes are hundreds of times better. The problem is that Kanto is a very small region, and in the original versions, it was smaller than ever. What I really loved about these remakes is that they included more areas to explore, more plot, more characters, they had also improved the graphics to a point they were fairly superior than the ones that Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald had. Oh, and also, the Vs. Seeker made the gameplay even cooler (as opposed to what happened on the original games, where once you'd battled every trainer, the only ones you could fight were the guys from the Elite 4).

They also included Gen 2 and Gen 3 Pokémon, so that's a nice add-on. New moves, abilities, and a way more incredible experience as a game. They received more difficulty and many new things for not lettin' you down once you have beaten the game. Simply, it's my favorite Pokémon game.

SuperEpicRock

Yeah, FR and LG the exact same as RB, only improved in pretty much every way. I'm sure some ultra-nostalgic fans would prefer red and blue, but I always prefer remakes because of improved graphics/gameplay/more pokes/etc.

Kalosian

So long
I would pick FR/LG for the same reasons as the above posters. The original Red and Blue were the first Pokemon games I ever played, but I would definitely pick the remakes due to all the improvements they have compared to the originals.

Larry

As much as I love Pokemon Red and Blue (Blue was my first game) there's something about Firered and Leafgreen that make them my favorite Pokemon games ever.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I think the remakes are better, since FRLG have many features RBY don't have, like the VS Seeker and Sevii Islands.

swiftswimmers24

Karp Apprentice
I played Red and Blue, but they weren't the big deal. Their remakes are hundreds of times better. The problem is that Kanto is a very small region, and in the original versions, it was smaller than ever. What I really loved about these remakes is that they included more areas to explore, more plot, more characters, they had also improved the graphics to a point they were fairly superior than the ones that Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald had. Oh, and also, the Vs. Seeker made the gameplay even cooler (as opposed to what happened on the original games, where once you'd battled every trainer, the only ones you could fight were the guys from the Elite 4).

They also included Gen 2 and Gen 3 Pokémon, so that's a nice add-on. New moves, abilities, and a way more incredible experience as a game. They received more difficulty and many new things for not lettin' you down once you have beaten the game. Simply, it's my favorite Pokémon game.

FR/LG all the way. LG was my first game, and I also got my first shiny poke in that game, a Magikarp which I evolved into a LV74 Gyarados. Ahh... my legit LV100 Charizard, Alakazam, Raichu, LV81 Gengar, LV94 D-nite, and the aformentioned Gyarados. Too bad I lost it :( I'm still sobbing over it.

Tonguetyd

Fr/Lg obiviosly.Red and blue has tons of glitches,no aftergame,uncreative pokemon designs and bad graphics,even for the ol' Game Boy.

xXLuminousNightXx

The Shining Shinx
Although I love the originals, i'll have to say FR/LG too. The graphics were improved, the music was a little bit more modern (during the time), and you had the running shoes. Running shoes saved my life (because I had absolutely NO patience when I was a kid xD). And you could get shinies in the game, which made it even cooler for me :D The original Red and Blue will forever hold a place in my heart, though :)

swiftswimmers24

Karp Apprentice
Fr/Lg obiviosly.Red and blue has tons of glitches,no aftergame,uncreative pokemon designs and bad graphics,even for the ol' Game Boy.

And the only good thing was getting Mew through a glitch. Even that isn't such a good thing anymore 'cause you can get Mew through trading from Emerald.

7 tyranitars

Fr and Lg, not tempted to cheat, and the Islands are awesome :D. Also the Graphics are better :p.

Seth pkmn

The only original 1st gen game I play is yellow for 2 reasons

1. All of the starters

2.Nostalgia

FR+LG are MUCH better.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I love Red and Blue, but FireRed and LeafGreen were a lot better because of the updated graphics. The VS Seeker also makes them superior to the originals because it made training my Pokemon a whole lot easier.

Serebii!

I still play Fire Red and is much better than Red and Blue because they are just a more advanced remake

☭Secret_Shocker☭

I prefer FRLG because of its graphics and sound but I still like RB, for the sake of total nostalgia.

I still love Pokemon Blue as it's my first ever Pokemon game, but my favourite Pokemon game is FireRed cos of the updates made to Kanto and so forth.