• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Firered Team

ilovedeino

Deino Master
Please Rate Honestly

Venusaur ;003; Naive
Earthquake
Sludge Bomb
Giga Drain
Synthesis

Poliwrath ;062; Adamant
Swords Dance
Brick Break
Earthquake
Surf

Pidgeot ;018; Jolly
Toxic
Aerial Ace
Hyper Beam
Steel Wing

Arcanine ;059; Adamant
Flamethrower
Extremespeed
Hidden Power (Grass)
Take Down

Gengar ;094; Lonely
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power (Ice)

Rhydon ;112;
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Swords Dance
Double-Edge

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
Please Rate Honestly

Venusaur ;003; Naive
Earthquake
Sludge Bomb
Solar Beam
Sleep Powder

Giga drain doesn't have very good base power in this generation, and synthesis doesn't have good base power either.

Poliwrath ;062; Adamant
Swords Dance
Brick Break
Earthquake
Surf

Pidgeot ;018; Jolly
Toxic
Aerial Ace
Hyper Beam
Steel Wing

Arcanine ;059; Adamant
Flamethrower
Extremespeed
Hidden Power (Grass)
Iron Tail

If you have Extremespeed, there is no need for Take Down

Gengar ;094; Lonely
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power (Ice)

Rhydon ;112;
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Swords Dance
Double Edge/Brick Break

Except for a few little things, this team is pretty good. You need to be aware, though... Half of this team is weak against ice. But with Poliwrath and Arcanine on your team, you should be fine.

Darth Sabreus

Want to get a soda?
Remember Shadow Ball is physical in Gen III so it's not that effective on Gengar, despite it getting STAB. Try Hypnosis maybe.

And although I like Hyper Beam on Pidgeot, maybe you'd like Return? 100 power at max friendship and can deal more damage in the two turns it takes you to use and recover from Hyper Beam.

ilovedeino

Deino Master
I understand about Shadow Ball on Gengar and Giga Drain on Venusaur, but I have synthesis for healing.

lechuguito

Crack it up!
I don't like the idea of having a pidgeot on your team.

You could replace it for a Magneton, since you don't have any electric (and it is also good against ice since it is steel)
Or maybe a Dragonite, so you keep the flying type. It's base stats are a lot better than Pidgeot's, and it's AerialAce/HyperBeam hurts more! Plus you could have DragonClaw and Flamethrower/IceBeam/Thunderbolt to cover more types…