• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

First Attempt At A Rain Team

well if your making a rain team you should only go with water types because then if you have the move rain it will do masive damage.for example water types usingh water type moves boost the damage and so those rain so have a water pokemon use rain then hydro pump and it will probaly be ohko.and also i recomend not to use legendaries because makes easy to win which is no fun.well only use these 2 legendaries groudon and rayqaza because they are awsome.aggron rules!

^POOR ADVICE PERIOD. Plus they're banned from OU play. ~_~

Anywho, a good revenge-killer/priority user is Scizor

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant
Technician
252 HP/252 Atk/ 6 Sp.Def or Speed
-Bullet Punch
-U-Turn/Bug Bite
-Superpower
-Pursuit

This guy will get a defensive boost from fire moves (it's only weakness) due to the rain. STAB Technician Bullet Punch will be doing base 80 damage (base 160 when supper-effective). U-Turn is for scouting (STAB Technician Bug Bite will hit harder than STAB X-Scizzor). Superpower is for hitting other steel-types (which resist both STABs) hard. Pursuit is for hitting the Psychic-types (particularly the Lati twins) and Ghost-types that don't have HP Fire hard when they try to switch out.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Scizor replaces Terrakion?

Scizor replaces Terrakion?

You can try that over Terrakion, I think Terrakion is best on a Sun team (water-weakness coverage) instead of a Rain team where it's water-type weakness is a bigger problem since rain teams are fairly (if not very) common.

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
You can try that over Terrakion, I think Terrakion is best on a Sun team (water-weakness coverage) instead of a Rain team where it's water-type weakness is a bigger problem since rain teams are fairly (if not very) common.

Well, you could go scizor over terrakion, but terrakion helps a ton on rain teams. It beats t-tar, ninetales, and abomasnow so its easier to eliminate other weather setters. It also can check gastrodon well, and is a great wall breaker with CB equipped which I think you should use and add bp on gross. BP on gross and Quick Attack CB terrakion should be good for revenge killing. If you don't like that you could always throw a scarf on thundurus.

Soul_Fly

Well, you could go scizor over terrakion, but terrakion helps a ton on rain teams. It beats t-tar, ninetales, and abomasnow so its easier to eliminate other weather setters. It also can check gastrodon well, and is a great wall breaker with CB equipped.

Azeem, I second that. That's a solid bit of Advice there. I've seen how much of a god Scizor is on and especially against rain teams.

But the Only change I would advice you to make is to go for a Swords Dance + Life Orb Bulky set. Bullet Punch even with 20% less damage output revenge kills what it needs to in the rain and if you can find an opportunity to Set up, you at least take down half the team. Scizor Appreciates the Rain to negate his Achilles Heel of a fire weakness allowing him to survive and set up on unboosted fire moves and survive the Surprise HP fires. It even OHKOes Ferrothorn, the Lati@s, Terrakion and a whole host of top OU threats.
Plus it will help you in the Rain v/s Rain wars which i guarantee will be half your ladder matches considering how rain is having a great time spoiling all the fun in OU without Genesect to stop them.

Your Daddy (Scizor) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
well if your making a rain team you should only go with water types because then if you have the move rain it will do masive damage.for example water types usingh water type moves boost the damage and so those rain so have a water pokemon use rain then hydro pump and it will probaly be ohko.and also i recomend not to use legendaries because makes easy to win which is no fun.well only use these 2 legendaries groudon and rayqaza because they are awsome.aggron rules!
It's a crying shame we can't report people for having no ****ing idea what they're talking about... Anyways, have you considered Ferrothorn > Metagross? I love Metagross, but I just feel his defensive sets are hopelessly outclassed. Also, Scarf Celebi helps your Electric / revengekiller problem, and nobody ever seems to expect it.

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
Azeem, I second that. That's a solid bit of Advice there. I've seen how much of a god Scizor is on and especially against rain teams.

But the Only change I would advice you to make is to go for a Swords Dance + Life Orb Bulky set. Bullet Punch even with 20% less damage output revenge kills what it needs to in the rain and if you can find an opportunity to Set up, you at least take down half the team. Scizor Appreciates the Rain to negate his Achilles Heel of a fire weakness allowing him to survive and set up on unboosted fire moves and survive the Surprise HP fires. It even OHKOes Ferrothorn, the Lati@s, Terrakion and a whole host of top OU threats.
Plus it will help you in the Rain v/s Rain wars which i guarantee will be half your ladder matches considering how rain is having a great time spoiling all the fun in OU without Genesect to stop them.

Your Daddy (Scizor) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower

Well I was actually praising terrakion xD. Scizor doesn't take ninetails or politoed very well since tails outspeeds and so does toad when its the CB set. But SD scizor is a good choice too for this team. imo you could probably go with either depending on whether you want someone to eliminate other weather inducers and other weather walls (terrakion), or a set up sweeper thank benefits from rain (scizor).

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
I think Terrakion could stay, but then I have a weakness to electric types like Jolteon and opposing Thundurus-T.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Try this.

251.gif

Celebi @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid / Modest
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
-Leaf Storm
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-U-Turn / Psychic

Typical Scarf Celebi set. Most people expect Celebi to be a cleric, so a Scarf set gets plenty of surprise kills, plus makes an excellent revengekiller with all her resistances. Leaf Storm provides a great STAB with enough power to KO most weakened threats. Earth Power hammers Steel and Fire types for hard damage, and Hidden Power (Ice) gets your Dragons. The last slot is up to you. U-Turn maintains momentum but deals pathetic damage, while Psychic provides you with a great STAB that comes with no negative side-effects.

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
Try this.

251.gif

Celebi @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid / Modest
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
-Leaf Storm
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-U-Turn / Psychic

Typical Scarf Celebi set. Most people expect Celebi to be a cleric, so a Scarf set gets plenty of surprise kills, plus makes an excellent revengekiller with all her resistances. Leaf Storm provides a great STAB with enough power to KO most weakened threats. Earth Power hammers Steel and Fire types for hard damage, and Hidden Power (Ice) gets your Dragons. The last slot is up to you. U-Turn maintains momentum but deals pathetic damage, while Psychic provides you with a great STAB that comes with no negative side-effects.

you'd want to run hasty with u-turn on that set. just don't lower attack, and you'll be fine.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Last edited:

Trace★

Banned
good team but its destroyed by rotom-w....nothing can really switch in.

i think you should maybe try a ferrothorn over the metagross, if you really wanted to change things up you could put latios over terrakion and slap the scarf on thundurus. latios and tornadus could work together with ferrothorn because with spikes+rain boosted surf tornadus's main counter jirachi is 2hkod after latias lures it in.

just something to think about :)

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Scarf Celebi looks like a pretty clever Pokemon to use. I will see how it fares. :p

OrbrunnerX

That Guy
What looks to me like it would crush this team is an influx of high-power special attackers. Notably, your only way out of Draco Meteor spam is Metagross, who isn't exactly renowned for his special bulk. If he gets removed (*cough*Magnezone*cough*), Scarf Latios, among others, can shred everything. Also a threat is Moxiemence; he can deal with Metagross, and then proceed to eat things.
What I'd recommend is a Steel-type (over Terrakion) that can do the job of defending against these threats, while still acting as a revenger. My personal favorite for that is Scarf Jirachi, or of course Scizor.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Well, I've been testing a few ideas around, and the best results I found I got were with these:

Change Metagross for Special Defensive Bronzong with Gyro Ball/Earthquake/Stealth Rock/Hidden Power [Ice] and 252 HP / 8 Def / 248 SpD. This helps me against Latios, Latias, Mamoswine, and Landorus. I can take Sheer Force Landorus's Focus Blast with ease.

Change Thundurus-T's item to Yache Berry and replace Volt Switch with Agility.

Change Politoed's EV spread to 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe so I can outspeed and KO Breloom, CBNite, Scizor and Mamoswine.

Tell me what you think of these changes. Thanks.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
I've implemented the above changes and have updated the OP to reflect them.

Ilaria

If you need another revenge killer that hits hard Gastrodon and Rotom-W (which those won't take much damage from Grass knot)
I would suggest you Virizion.
640.gif

Virizion@ Choice scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4HP 252 attack, 252 speed
Adamant Nature (+Attack -Special Attack)
- Leaf Blade
- Close combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor

Or if you really need some risky Pokémon that works great under the rain, I would suggest Whiscash.
340.gif

Whiscash@Life orb
Trait: Hydratation
EVs: 4HP 252 attack, 252 speed
Adamant Nature (+Attack -Special Attack)
-Dragon Dance
-Rest
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
This last one is really risky, but if you can set it up the foe is done playing.

tl;dr:
Whiscash - Blocks status, blocks rock, steel, electric attacks, weak to grass only
Virizion > Terrakion - blocks principally Rotom-W and Gastrodon, which could give a lot of troubles to your team as far I see, good revenge killer or late game sweeper, plus It's a good choice if you need electric resistance.

Well, huh, hoping I helped, and good luck.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
I don't think I need it anymore, but thanks anyway.