• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

First B/W In-Game Team

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
LOkay, so this is my first real team that I built myself. I got some advice from people so here it is. And no, I don't care that Thundurus is uber, but if you have a replacment for him PLEASE SAY SO because he's the one that I don't have, everything else I either have already or am in the process of trading for. And I've already beaten the game, this is just a team for fun to do rematches with and to do relaxed battles with my friends.

CHANGES IN BOLD

Gallade@Scope Lens
Nature: Adamant (+atk, - sp atk)
Ability: Steadfast
Item: Leftovers
EV Spread: 252 Atk., 252 Spe., 4 Sp. Def

Moves:
Close Combat
Psycho Cut
Night Slash
Swords Dance

Switched stone edge for swords dance.

Gallade is my favorite pokemon so I based the team off of him. So no, I'm not changing this no matter HOW horrible you think Gallade is.

Thundurus
Nature: Timid/Modest changed from naive/hasty
Ability: Prankster
Item: Life Orb/Expert Belt
EV Spread: 252 Sp. Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP

Moves:
Thunderbolt/Thunder
Hidden Power (ice)/Grass Knot
Focus Blast /nasty plot
Taunt/U-Turn/Thunder Wave

Pure is better. Hammer arm instead is worse tbh, focus blast is gonna 2HKO even if it misses, while Hammer Arm is gonna 2HKO normally.

Haxorus
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw switched in, used to be outrage
Earthquake
Taunt / Brick Break
item: Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

I think being able to set up is more important.H Taunt allows you to just milk skarmory.

Quagsire
Stockpile
Recover
Scald
Toxic
Leftovers
Bold
Unaware
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

Need this lovely gentleman for coverage plus quaggy is another favorite. But I guess it could be changed if you HAD to.

Ferrothorn
Name:Aggravation
Power Whip
Thunder wave- was gyro ball
Leech Seed/Toxic
Protect
Sassy/Relaxed
Leftovers/Occa Berry
252hp/60def/196sp.def
IVs: 0 Speed

Ferro used for defense.

Weavile
move 1: swords dance
move 2: Ice Shard / Ice Punch
move 3: Low Kick
move 4: Night Slash / Ice Punch / Punishment
item: Choice Band / Life Orb
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Swords Dance is needed, and you can use it to trick dragons/gliscor into switching.

Sorry the descriptions aren't the best. I did as best I could.

Last edited:

Vandslaux

Use Swords Dance on Gallade. Yeah, Gallade is awesome.

I assume Quagsire's ability is Unaware? It's not listed.

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
Use Swords Dance on Gallade. Yeah, Gallade is awesome.

I assume Quagsire's ability is Unaware? It's not listed.

Yeah it's Unaware. I'll add that now. Thanks for the input! :)

Xx_BS-TyKi_xX

Se habla español
Okay, so this is my first real team that I built myself. I got some advice from people so here it is. And no, I don't care that Thundurus is uber, but if you have a replacment for him PLEASE SAY SO because he's the one that I don't have, everything else I either have already or am in the process of trading for. And I've already beaten the game, this is just a team for fun to do rematches with and to do relaxed battles with my friends.

Gallade@ Life Orb / Scope Lens
Nature: Adamant (+atk, - sp atk)
Ability: Steadfast
EV Spread: 252 Atk., 252 Spe., 4 Sp. Def

Moves:
Close Combat
Psycho Cut
Night Slash
Stone Edge / Swords Dance

Gallade is my favorite pokemon so I based the team off of him. So no, I'm not changing this no matter HOW horrible you think Gallade is.
Actually, Gallade could be a powerhouse if you use him correctly, I don't think you need SD, at least Stone Edge could be replaced with it, the last 3 mover are just perfect.

Thundurus
Nature: Timid / Modest
Ability: Prankster
Item: Life Orb/Expert Belt
EV Spread: 252 Sp. Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP

Moves:
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power (ice) / Grass Knot
Focus Blast / Nasty Plot
Taunt
That's right, a pure sweeper on Thundurus is kinda better, Hasty or Naive?? IMO no D: so Timid or Modest could work better

Haxorus
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw / Dual Chop
Earthquake
Taunt / Rock Slide
item: Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Out Rage + DD = You're gonna kill you .__. Ok I'm being so exagerated, but trapping you in a 2-3 turns confusing move, is not a good idea; I prefer to use Dual Chop to break Sashes or sturdy, or Dragon Claw to avoid being trapped

Quagsire
Curse
Recover
Earthquake
Waterfall / Stone Edge
Leftovers
Careful
Unaware

Need this lovely gentleman for coverage plus quaggy is another favorite. But I guess it could be changed if you HAD to.

Ferrothorn
Name:Aggravation
Power Whip
Gyro Ball
Leech Seed/Toxic
Protect
Sassy/Relaxed
Leftovers/Occa Berry
252hp/60def/196sp.def
IVs: 0 Speed

Ferro used for defense.

Weavile
move 1: Fake Out
move 2: Ice Shard
move 3: Low Kick
move 4: Night Slash
item: Life Orb
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Weaville IMO is the wors user of Swords dance, killed by Neutral Bullet Punch, even neutral Mach Punch can kill it .-. so, I prefer to use fake out to break sashes, and then start to attack being faster, keed Ice Shard, you'll need to revenge kill dragons and priority abusers

Sorry the descriptions aren't the best. I did as best I could.

I help as much as I see in what I could help ;o
I like your team :) and blah blah le changes and comments in Bold

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s

I help as much as I see in what I could help ;o
I like your team :) and blah blah le changes and comments in Bold

Thanks so much! :D I'm going to add some of your suggestions right away :)

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
For thunderus I suggest using him as a lead/wall breaker and using taunt, gallade looks fine, Haxorus should use dual chop and maybe stone edge, I recommend quagsire have waterfall just for stab factor, I like leech seed on my ferroseed for healing, And if you give weaville a focus sash, swords dance is so much more viable

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
For thunderus I suggest using him as a lead/wall breaker and using taunt, gallade looks fine, Haxorus should use dual chop and maybe stone edge, I recommend quagsire have waterfall just for stab factor, I like leech seed on my ferroseed for healing, And if you give weaville a focus sash, swords dance is so much more viable

I'll give him SD back I guess :p

Diamond Eagle

TheMightyPolak
Quagsire
Stockpile
Recover
Toxic
Scald
Leftovers
Unaware
Bold nature

Epic troll. You stockpile, and they can't do nothing about it. Scald for burn and just damage, toxic for normal stall.

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
Quagsire
Stockpile
Recover
Toxic
Scald
Leftovers
Unaware
Bold nature

Epic troll. You stockpile, and they can't do nothing about it. Scald for burn and just damage, toxic for normal stall.

So get rid of curse? Okay. Anything else need changing?

noob21

3 sum!!!
I think this team is perfect just the decisions left on weavile and as for that just go with ice shard over ice punch since you will be packing nightslash