• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

First Battle Subway RMT

mewfanforlife

This team is currently only using fourth gen and below Pokemon because I only have the power items on those games. Please do not suggest any fifth gen Pokemon for my team. This team is for the Singles line.

Garchomp (Jolly) @ Yache Berry (Life Orb once I get it)
Sand Veil
4HP/252Atk/252Spd
EQ
Dragon Claw
Crunch (I felt I needed a dark move and chose to run Crunch here rather than Payback on Machamp)
Sword Dance

Garchomp ideally gets to set up one SD and then seep the team; Vaporeon however can take an ice move if one is aimed at it. It also covers some of the Subway leader's Pokemon well.

Vaporeon (Bold) @ Leftovers
Water Absorb
212 Def/252SpA/44Spd
Surf
Ice Beam
HP Electric
Wish

Vaporeon is intended to sponge attacks and is also able to heal itself. It is also my answer to Chandelure and Haxorous. HP Electric stops other waters from stopping it.

Machamp (Adamant) @ Lum Berry
No Guard
240 HP/248 Atk/16SpD/4Spd
Dynamic Punch
Ice Punch
Bullet Punch
Stone Edge

Machamp is intended to wreck Ice and Dark Pokemon as I don't have a great answer to them otherwise. I considered running Payback over SE, but ultimately decided I'd rather have 100% accuracy SE and put Crunch on Garchomp as Machamp shouldn't stay in on Psychics and most Ghosts are frail enough to fall to SE.

phione345

Unorthodox Trainer
I'd also consider Toxic in place of HP electric on Vaporeon, as it takes care of bulky waters really greatly, unless theyre Tentacruel/Empoleon/Starmie, and it can be used with other bulky pokemon like Cofagrigus, Dusclops/noir, Blissey, Porygon2, Jellicent, etc. It will have trouble with Ferrothorn but that's what Machamps for! I'd use Scald over Surf so that burns can be used when needed.
Your team has pretty good offensive synergy, and decent defensive synergy, (no crippling weaknesses).
All in all you know what you're doing as a subway challenger and you shouldn't have to much trouble, my subway team basically has the same types but it's 5th gen and has Hydreigon Mienshao and Jellicent that are more defensively typed than yours, while yours is more offensive with a garchmp that will basically own after one turn of set up!Good luck!

darkrai's_shadow

Fear of the Dark!
just know, battle subway (especially super trains) is very haxy, just warning you about that

also, i dont see why you need to run crunch at all, after setting up, earthquake will take out most pokemon, maybe try fire fang or fire blast, that way you can do super effective damage on skarmory and ferrothorn

mewfanforlife

Yeah, with Battle Frontiers/Subwayys I prefer nearly pure offense since it takes long enough as it is to collect BP. I will definately switch in Fire Fang (although it used to drive me crazy with all its misses on a fourth gen Garchomp I had). I'll consider Toxic depending on how breeding for a decent HP Electric goes. I'll probably also run Scald if I run HP, but with Toxic, Surf seems more viable for the extra power. Thanks for the help!