• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

First Cars 2 Trailer

SmartD

It looks really interesting. I might watch it to see how they got in to it.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The trailer doesn't look all that exciting, and it doesn't make me want to see more to be honest. I loved the first Cars movie because it was another Pixar studios creation and I'm a loyal fan of theirs. But this sequel probably won't live up to the first installment. I'll watch it, but only because my little brother will want to go see it for sure and I'll have to take him.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
TBH this doesn't seem to want to be a sequel that will live up to it's first installment. It's something entirely by itself. Come on this is the studio that made one of the few good trilogy series in a row. I think we can trust them

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
It doesn't seem that interesting from that trailer. I'll probably end up not seeing it in theaters because I haven't been able to since the Incredibles, but my little brother will probably want to see it.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
This movie should be called Monsters Inc. 2, please.

Seriously, secret agents? Why?

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
Cars 2: Electric Boogaloo

Anyhow, I loved the first Cars movie, but I'm a little concerned about the "spy" theme. I've never liked spy movies or books, in fact I hate them. Hopefully it's not too over the top.

Manchee

extra toasty
What is the point. Cars didn't need a sequel.

Neither do a lot of the movies that get sequels, but if you can make money off it it, why not?

I'm not as excited about this as I would be for something like Finding Nemo 2 or Monster's Inc 2. Cars was okay when I saw it. A cool movie, but not the most interesting imo.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I really wonder why Cars 2 is spy based. That's not what I always think of when I think of cars.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
I really wonder why Cars 2 is spy based. That's not what I always think of when I think of cars.
Well actually:
And so we’ve got a great story where the Cars characters are on this big circuit tour that takes them all round the world.

So a lot of international colour...
Yeah, it’s different races in different countries. When I was travelling around the world doing interviews for Cars I just had the characters on the brain. I kept looking out thinking, ‘What would Mater do in this situation, you know?’

I could imagine him driving around on the wrong side of the road in the UK, going around in big, giant travelling circles in Paris, on the autobahn in Germany, dealing with the motor scooters in Italy, trying to figure out road signs in Japan...
http://www.totalfilm.com/features/interview-john-lasseter/page:12
Probably was the best way they could think of to make this idea happen but I guess the scrapped the world race idea?

abraxas

Words.
Right now, I'm not impressed. Though it IS just a teaser, it leaves me feeling pretty disappointed.

I must concur. I am a major fan of the Pixar movies, and I am fairly excited at the idea of Cars 2, though this did nothing to increase my excitement for this sequel. I can only hope that when an actual full trailer comes out, it will prove that the film has much to offer. =)

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Yeah I'm just saying they usually make movies for a good reason. So theres no reason they shouldn't make Cars 2. I'm sure there are loads of people who don't find toy story interesting and don't get why sequels happened. Trust me it's happened.