• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

first competitive team

AnnoyingRedHead

Tentacruel @ black sludge
Ability: clear body
bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
EV's: 252 Def / 4 S.Def / 252 HP
-toxic spike
-hydro pump
-giga drain
-rapid spin

this is my lead it is amazingly bulky. It has withstood two earth powers from a heatran (not sure what type) set up spikes then outspeed and hydro pumped. I was told i have a tentacruel that doesn't know rapid spin so this will be changed. giga drain got a boost this gen so im trying it out

terrakion @ air balloon
Ability: justified
Adamant nature (+Atk, -S.Atk)
EV's: 252 Atk/ 252 Sp.
-rock polish
-close combat
-stone edge
-x-scissor

this is my early game sweeper meant to be switched into ground type moves from opponents' leads such as t-tar and heatran set up while they switch or pop the balloon then wreck. cc and stone edge are good stab moves while x-scissor is for the possible psychic switch ins.

latias @ Leftovers
Ability:levitate
modest nature (+Sp.Atk, -Atk)
EV's: 252 Hp / 252 Sp.Atk
-wish
-draco meteor
-thunderbolt
-surf

This is my switch in when when I need to take terrakion out or revenge kill since it resists most terrakions weaknesses then heal it up if need be with wish. draco meteor is just amazing and surf and thunderbolt are there to kill those who resist draco meteor

whimsicot @ leftovers
Ability: prankster
Timid nature (+Sp., -Atk)
EV's: 252 Sp/ 252 Sp.Atk
-giga drain
-substitute
-leech seed
-cotton guard/ tailwind

ok like suggested i changed sceptile to a subseeding whimsicot. but i cant decide do i put tailwind or cotton guard as my fourth move? with cotton guard i can go for the substitute see the physical move and then go for the cotton guard and wreck with a plus three defense whimsicot or tailwind to boost my team to infinite speed?

metagross @ leftovers
Ability: clear body
adamant nature (+Atk, -S.Atk)
EV's: 252 Atk / 172 Sp/ 80 Hp
-meteor mash
-earthquake
-agility
-zen headbutt

Thanks for the comments this metagross looks better for the team then the kingler.

Archeops @ flying gem
Ability: defeatist
Jolly nature (+Sp, -S.Atk)
EV's: 252 Sp / 252 Atk
-acrobatics
-earthquake
-stone edge
-dragon claw

I really like this pokemon with its good speed and massive 140 atk, but big set back with its ability defeatist which halfs its atk and sp atk when health is below half meaning your can't send it out more than twice when rocks are up.

Last edited:

thejt

Everyday Im Shufflin
Tentacruel is the only thing that can take a hit. Everything else is attack-heavy. You might want to look into that

AnnoyingRedHead

any ideas? I could make a bulky Kingler he has considerable defense I think 115 and Latias has max hp and great base sp.def giving me a little more bulk.

asterat

Banned
Replacekingler ith metagross, he os a better pokemon all around, better everything except speed, made up for w/ bullet punch. Kinglet is a glass cannon and bad pokemon overall

AnnoyingRedHead

Ok what type of metagross? Agility set, bulky stealth rock, or just tank?

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
Agiltity Gross is the best one,and replace Sceptile with a subseed Whimsicott. You dont have a spinner but you have Tentacruel? wtf? Take out Acid spray and put Rapid Spin,consider Venoshock over Ice beam

asterat

Banned
Agiltity Gross is the best one,and replace Sceptile with a subseed Whimsicott. You dont have a spinner but you have Tentacruel? wtf? Take out Acid spray and put Rapid Spin,consider Venoshock over Ice beam
No BP, EQ, MM, ZH lefties 252 HP, 252 attack, adamant 4 defense, bulkyish and powerful

AnnoyingRedHead

since you both have different opinions im going to go with agility because I already have one made

AnnoyingRedHead

Ok I'll try one of each and decide