• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

- First Encounter - [OU RMT]

Pearl Parukia

Intermediate Battler
Hey everyone! I've come for you to rate my first 5th Gen team! I made it up yesterday, I've been modifying it, and it works quite well now. I have a kew problems though, so please check it out and rate! Thank you!

~~~~~~~~~~

~~ First Encounter ~~
~ First 5th Gen Team ~
~~~ OverUsed Tier ~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

NOTE: I don't know if the names are right, because I've been checking in various pages, and the names are different (translation fail?) so I will try to use the most common name or the name I found. I will also be using the names given in the Pokemon Simulator "Pokemon-Online".

Gigaiasu.png

The Heaviest Lead

Gigaiasu @ Leftovers
Sturdy Ability
Adamant nature
EV's: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Atk
Moveset:
- Knock Down
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Explosion

When I was wandering through the list of new pokemon, the first pokemon that got my attention was this one. As soon as I saw its stats and moves, I fell in love with it and put Gigaiasu as my lead. Gigaiasu's great HP and high Defence along with Stealth Rock makes it a really sturdy lead. Not only that, but he has the updated ability "Sturdy" which gives him the opportunity to endure any KO with 1 HP if he had full HP when attacked (like a Focus Sash). Knock Down is a STAB move chosen by me because of its decent power and 100% accuracy. Stealth Rock is needed to cause entry damage in the new Fire/Bug pokemon (which are many). Toxic serves to leave useless a wall and Explosion is to KO the opponent when Gigaiasu is about to faint.

Sazandora.png

The PowerHouse

Sazandora @ Life Orb
Levitate ability
Naive nature
EV's: 252 Spe/ 252 SpA/ 4 Atk
Moveset:
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

"Oh my God..." are the words I can say from using this pokemon. After trying out so many 5th Gen pokemon to see who would be my sweeper, I found about this pokemon. I saw its stats and thought it would be a nice mixed sweeper. I've battling a lot and Sazandora KOes around 2-4 pokemon. It requires no set up and is immune to the common Earthquakes and Spikes. Dragon Pulse is a really nasty move that gets STAB and makes it even more deadly. Flamethower kill so many Bug/Grass pokemon that tend to appear in Sazandora's face and Earthquake is to prevent being walled by Heatran. Ice Fang is for mere coverage.

Nattorei.png

The Wild Wall

Nattorei @ Shed Shell/Leftovers
Iron Barbs ability
Impish Nature
EV's: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpD
Moveset:
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Nattorei is da' wall. This great pokemon has a few weaknesses thanks to its typing, and has decent defense as well as HP. It is immune to Toxic Spikes (and Toxic) and has resistance to Stealth Rock. Thunder Wave is necessary for slowing down Scarf users that tend to ruin the team and Toxic poisons other walls. Leech Seed makes Nattorei's lifespan longer and Power Whip is a fierce move that gets STAB.

Heatran.png

The Special Revenger

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Flash Fire ability
Naive nature
EV's: 252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 4 Atk
Moveset:
- Explosion
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse

Heatran has always been one of my favorite pokemon since it appeared. Its high power, its great typing and ability always made it attractive to me; and now with the constant threat of fire pokemon, this is the perfect opportunity for Heatran. Shadow Tag Shandera KOes my poor Nattorei, so I gave Nattorei a Shed Shell so it can switch with Heatran and receive the fire attack. Its Choice Scarf makes it really fast, and strikes back with a powerful Earth Power. Some counters are even roasted with a STAB Flamethrower. Dragon Pulse is for coverage.

Gengar.png

The Untouchable

Gengar @ Life Orb
Levitate ability
Timid Nature
EV's: 252 Spe/ 252 SpA/ 4 HP
Moveset:
- Protect/Psychic
- HP Fire
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Luv the pic ^^ . Anyway, Gengar really fits the spot, because Sazandora has a terrible Fightning weakness (usually KOed by CB Breeloom w/Mach Punch) and Gengar doesn't mind receiving Fighting attacks. Instead, Gengar hits back with HP Fire and Shadow Ball when necessary. Focus Blast gives Gengar offensive power over Dark/Steel types. I use Protect for the "MysticGar" set, but I am thinking in changing it for Psychic.

kerudio_by_krokus00-d2z1iuq.png

The... Kerudio? [Insert Title Here]

Kerudio @ Life Orb
Justice Heart ability
Hasty nature
EV's: 252 Spe/ 208 SpA/ 48 Atk
Moveset:
- Boil Over
- X-Scissor
- HP Fire
- Aqua Jet

Kerudio is my last pokemon. I was searching for a pokemon that resisted Dark attacks and that could resist Fire/Ground attacks. Kerudio is my choice and it's serious. Boil Over is a great STAB move that can burn the foe (awesome!), while HP Fire is to KO the sturdy Skarmory that commonly sees Kerudio as a set-up bait. Aqua Jet finishes off weak foes, and X-Scissor is for coverage.

Alright, so here's my team. Please rate it, I'm willing to change anything but please state a good reason. Also, I've been playing with it for a while now, and I've noticed a few problems:

- The team is special-based (Walled by Blissey).
- No Pure Physical Sweeper.

MysteryMan

Perfect Battle
Well, if you are playing on Wifi, Shandera shouldn't be a problem to your Nattorei, so I suggest putting leftovers instead. Second, I see your team has a terrible fighting weakness. When Gengar is fainted, you will no longer have a counter against Bulk Up Roobushin and CB Breeloom.
I'd give you a full rate, but I'm busy right now, so it will have to be later.

Pearl Parukia

Intermediate Battler
Hmmm... well, I've changed my team and I'm re-writing the thread. Hope you can give rate me later :)