• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

First Ever Competitive Team

Gorgonopsid Master

Strong like bull
Heres my lineup:
;385; ;477; ;121; ;212; ;474; ;006;

;385; Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Jolly
EVs:80 HP/ 252 Atk / 176 Spe
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Trick
- U-Turn

The basic Anti-Lead set. I needed a good lead and so I though this would be good as it can force out other leads like Aerodactyl and Azelf. It can also do some nice damage to leads like Metagross and Tyranitar. Its moves are resisted by hippowdon but trick can force it to switch.

;477; Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Ability:pressure
Nature:Impish
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def / 6 SpD
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Pain Split

I was needing a tank that could take hits and hit back hard so I thought this would be a good choice. He is a ghost type so he can block rapid spinners too. He can force switches on many common physical sweepers like Tyranitar and Salamnce with his Will-O-Wisp. Fire punch and Thunder Punch cover steels and the ever common Gyarados. Pain Spilt is there for health restoration.

;121; Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Timid
EVs: 136 HP / 156 Def / 216 Spe
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

My faithful rapid spinner. Starmie is used to rapid spin away entry hazards mainly but is also a counter for pokemon like Tyranitar, Infernape and Hippowdon. She can slo take a hit and heal it off with recover.

;212; Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk /252 Sp
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Brick Break
- X-Scissor

I had this scizor in my team well before i decided to do competitive battling. I just couldnt get rid off him. He has an immense attck stat and STAB Bullet Punch so he makes a good revenge killer for my team. He covers ppsychic types with X-Scissor and Weavile. He also hits pokemon like Mamoswine and Weavile hard with bullet punch.

;474; Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Tri-Attack
- Hidden Power Fighting

My special sweeper. I know that everyone says that his speed stat can really hurt him and I dont disagree but I think that it is no reason not to pick such an immense pokemon. I mean he is meant to be able to 2HKO any pokemon after a single Nasty Plot. He makes up my special attacking force. Cresselia and Gengar counter.

;006; @ Salac Berry
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Belly Drum
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Now my final pokemon, Charizard. To me he is the most relaible and cool pokemon of all time. When ever i would battle my cousins or whatever my team always contained Charizard. He was my secret to success. So I have decided to use him in my team once again. The basic BellyZard. Fire punch devestates teams when blaze and belly drum have been activated.

This is my team though I am not sure about having jirachi as my lead and dusknoir as my tank so I would really appreciate everyones help.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Shadow punch dusknoir instead of fire. Try Scarf Z or agiliZ. The classic set doesn't work anymore. I never found bellyzard working. Try salamence.

Scarf Z sn't worth the time since it doesn't do anything to Blissey, Snorlax, Heatran or TTar (bar HP Fighting). Agility Z will fail due to Scizor and Lucario's priority moves and the afore mentioned walls. Nasty Plot Porygon Z will just get outsped, with Salac Berry prioritized to death.

Specs Porygon Z is probably the biggest outright threat and can tear a hole in anything not named Blissey, and even she takes 33% from Tri-Attack and 62% from Hyper Beam.

Swords Dance Lucario weak. Oh well.