• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

First ever Competitive team

eggman62

This is my first ever cometitive team so pls give lots of feedback and constructive crit

MY team:
Garchomp porygon 2
Blaziken cresselia
Cloyster scizor (maybe)

Garchomp@choice scarf
Ability: sand veil
Ev: 252 atk, 252 spe
Nature: adamant

:earthquake
:eek:utrage
:stone edge
:fire fang/dual chop

a standard scrafchomp that can either be used as a powerful lead or my last resort due to its powerful stabs and incredible speed with choice band. earthquake and outrage are for stab and stone edge is for coverage. i am torn between fire fang and dual chop as fire fang gives near perfect coverage and has the chance to burn which is always nice, but on the other hand as garchomp is mainly going to be used for a lead dual chop provides stab and can break focus sash users also i dont get locked into it when i use it

blaziken@life orb
ability speed boost
Ev: 252 atk, 126 def, 126 SPdef
nature: adamant

:flare blitz
:high jump kick
:brave bird
:protect

ive invested evs into defence and spdef as i feel investing into speed would be pointless as it has speed boost and as i can just stall speed boost with protect in my eyes is even more pointless. flare blitz and high jump kick are powerful stabs already but with life orb they are a lot more powerful. bravebird may seem strange to run over earthquake or stone edge but considering both my cloyster and porgon2 are weak to fighting pkm i figured a powerful flying move is a must the recoil from brave bird and flare blitz is a drag, however

cloyser@focus sash
ability skill link
Ev: 252 atk, 252 def, 4 hp
nature adamant

:shell smash
:icicle spear
:rock blast
:razor shell

another main attacker and quite possibly the most threating if it has been set up properly. with focus sash cloyster is guarenteed to set up a shell smash, icicle spear and rock blast hit perfectly with skill link and razor shell has stab.
i didnt want to invest any evs into speed as shell smash sharply raises it i figured putting them into defence would work better as if the oppenent has any entry hazards up focus sash would become useless so by putting them into defence if there is an entry hazard up at least closyster would be able to survive a physical attack to use shell smash. also as my porygon2 knows thunder wave speed evs are less important as anything that is blatantly faster than cloyser can just be thunder waved.

porgon2@eviloite
ability:trace
ev 252 hp, 126 def, 126 Spdef
nature calm

:thunder wave
:recover
:thunderbolt
:ice beam

I honestly think porgon2 is the best evilote user hands down from what ive heard very few pokemon can boast being able to 2 hit ko it. (unless its a fighting move) and it acts a great mixed wall. thunder wave supports its low speed, criples sweepers and makes it easier for cloyster to set up shell smash. recover is recover. ice beam hits dragons so i dont have to solely rely on garchomp and thunderbolt stops jellicent from walling me.

cresselia@leftovers
ability levitate
ev 252 hp, 126 def, 126 spdef

:moonlight/rest
:energy ball
:psychic
:toxic

cresselia is my second mixed defensive wall its typing ability and bulk allow it to switch perfectly into every one of my main attackers weakness only to heal off with moonlight. energy ball hits water and grounds, psychic is stab and helps eliminate the underlying fighting weakness, toxic stops it from being set up bait.

scizor@steel gem/choice band
ability technician
ev: 252 atk, 126 def, 126 spe
nature: adamant

:sword dance/double hit
:xscissor
:night slash
:bullet punch

i really wanted a steel type so i could protect cresselia from dark and bug moves but it would be at the cost of another fighting weakness, in the end i decided to use scizor as fighting moves only do normal damage to it. the scizor set is the one im the least confident about. i figured that if i was to use choice band i would use double hit instead of sword dance so it can get the technican boost, choice band boost and will be able to break subs and focus sash. i didnt want to invest complety in speed as i also wanted scizor to play a semi defensive role.

as i said the scizor set is the one im the least comfortable with so any set item suggestions would be really helpful. also feel free to suggest new pokemon sets however pls do give valid reasons why. :)

coolioness

That is Mahogany!
Add pursuit on scizor for the psychics that run in fear of him

eggman62

ok so should i run the steel gem set and take out night slash for pursuit or would the choice band set with pursuit be better

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
This scizor set is best:

Scizor @ Life Orb
Technician (duh!)
Adamant
EV's: 252 Att, 156 Hp, 100 Speed
Moveset:
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Aerial Ace

The last slot is mainly up to you: pursuit and roost are both good options, but I prefer aerial ace for the increased coverage :)

eggman62

okay that way every one of its moves gets the technician boost so what about the other pokemon are they alright

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
Yeah, they all look pretty good :)

I'd definetly use dual chop on Garchomp and also consider using a Baton Passing Speed boost blazekin, although you won't make many friends doing it. Perhaps run charge beam over thunderbolt on porygon, so you get a sp.atk boost as well.

Good team though :D

eggman62

i never actually considerd using charge beam on porgon2 but i like the idea so im probably going change it now. Do you think there are any big changes to my team that i will need to make.

Mayu808

GIGA DRILL BREAK!!!!
This is an important note. Is this for OU? Because garchomp and blaziken are uber. Oh, and put a space between the colon and moves cause the smilies are a little weird. And put pursuit on scizor because You have cress for fighting anyways.

Last edited: