• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

First Ever Pokemon Card

Just a place discuss the first card/pack you ever got. Which cards you would have liked to tade for when you were a kid. Cards you've never owned and wish you did.

Like mine was this little guy right here. ;066;
not even out of the original booster deck either.
my friend richard gave it to me. traded it for a Voltorb the same day.

Infernobat.

Negative
The first Pokemon card I ever got was Weedle, I'd of liked of to trade for a Dark Charizard. I wish I had owned Dark Charizard.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think my first Pokemon card was either a Diglett card or Charmeleon card from the first TCG expansion set that I found.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I had the original starter set, so my first was, uh, whatever was in that. So, kinda hard to nail down an exact first.

Feline

Why?
My first card was a ratatta. My friend gave it to me, and I kept it around for a while. Boy did I treasure it, and boy did it get wrinkled...a lot.
I don't know where my old card collection is. Man it was HUGE!
I don't really collect the cards anymore. I have a few of the newer ones in my room somewhere.
I kind of want to get some more cards now so..lol. Maybe this weekend.
As for cards I wish I owned...Charizard I guess. :p

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I still have my first original card set in a card book in my closet. I remember there was a holographic Kabutops in there!

My first two Pokémon cards ever were a a Base Set Starmie and a Jungle Jigglypuff, both of which were in German if I recall correctly. I got them from a relative long before I started collecting Pokémon cards. Then Nintendo Power gave out a few Promos to tie in with the E-Reader, and that's when I actually started collecting.

Cards I want to own? Hmm. That's a tough one. I would probably like to own a few more of the Shining Pokémon from Neo Destiny (though I am glad to have both Shining Raichu and Shining Mewtwo!). I also would like to have a complete set of the Crystal Type Pokémon (since I have only some from Skyridge and none from Aquapolis). And I never got any of those Basic Energy cards from HeartGold SoulSilver with the really cool artwork (see here for one example). I'm sure there's a ton of other cards I'd like to have, like full art Trainer Cards (because I don't have any in real life), probably some EX cards from relatively recent days, and some Primes from HGSS, you get the idea. Oh, and Secret Rare cards. Those are always cool...

Icarus Frond

Pokemon Wizard
My first was a Jynx from Base Set!

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
One of my first cards was Jungle Holographic Wigglytuff. It was my prized card.

Pikawho?

(five15)
First card was a Horsea from one of the earlier sets. Found it in a ball pit at a McD's. I didn't care about Pokemon at the time but I still thought it was cool. =P I liked trading for Pikachu cards and had a mini-collection going. Would've liked to trade for any of the flying/surfing/b-day Pikachu cards but never came across them. =/ And a card I wish I owned is Latias* (from the Deoxys expansion?). Was able to get a Latios* from a friend and wish I had the other to complete the set, especially since she's one of my favorites.

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
My first were the cards they gave away when the Pokemon movies were first in theaters back in 1997, the Pokemon the Movie 2000 and Mewtwo ones. I still have them now actually, somewhere.

Bation Bob

"The Rock"
My first cards were the EX Power Keepers Combusken and Base Set Vulpix, which I kinda just found on the ground and then decided to start collecting. Though I guess it's nice that what's now my favorite Pokémon type happened to have got me into the series in the first place.

Rika24

Fire Pokemon Trainer
i don't remember the first regular card i pulled, but i remember my first holo. my very first booster pack i pulled a Ninetales the same day i got the theme deck with holo Nine. I got two cards of my favorite pokemon the first day :D i've mainly slowed down in collecting all the cards and stick to only my favorite pokemon. i have almost every Growlithe/Arcanine cards (just missing 3 total) and every Vulpix card except the new one and the McDonalds Japanese promo.

when i was a kid there were three cards i wanted above all else: Lilypad Mew, Vending Charmander, and CoroCoro Shiny Mew. i got CoroCoro Lily Mew (non-mint) a few years back and got Charmander mint as a surprise extra when i got Bubbles Mew. Just need that elusive CoroCoro Shiny.

Today overall cards released, i'm looking for: Delta Species Shiny Charizard from EX Dragon Frontier more than any other.

kinda on topic, does anyone know the rules for checking for fakes on the newer cards? i only know the rules for the old ones.

flintwolf

the pokemon explorer
my first card ever was a holographic rare beedril from the pokemon fire-red/leafgreen series.
i still have the card in my collection after all those years

Itchyflowz

First ever was a bulbasaur from a blastoise pack back in 2000, quite disappointing at the very first pack a bulbasaur a diglet and a couple of energy cards.

Matthewk

Itchy, we would have been rivals. My first card I ever got was from my friend in third grade. It was 48/108 Charmander from power keepers. It was a little worn but I always thought that if I got into a fight with it, nobody could touch us because of smokescreen xD.