• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

First fanart here:Flannery

MassivePanda

Goofy time?
Well, this is my first fanart here! I originally posted this on the pocketmonsters imageboard, but I wanted it to get a little more attention.

It's Flannery.. eating a Lava cookie O:

Hope you like it!

lavacookieflannery1.jpg

BTY

?HuH?
Dude this is SICK. I love the colouring, the drawing, the diferent tones... I Love It! Good Job.

MassivePanda

Goofy time?
Thanks! Glad you appreciate all the coloring and tones I put into it. xD

Pearl's Perap

Wow, this is really something else, totally different, I think it is great, Flannery looks more human in this and well, as beautiful as always.

Keep it up...

Clockworkz

SURPRISE BUTTSECKS
Neat job there. Still, even as a "human", the hands seem too small, as do the facial features. Yeah, you're trying to be realistic, but still; a tad too small, in my opinion. Also, the distance between her mouth and her nose is really bothering me. Shorten it up a little bit; you don't want her looking like a horse.
Still, this has potential to be awesome, so tinker with it.

Arbok

aka Arbok
Awesome! But still.. Like Clockworkz said, her hands are too small. Compare her hand (who isn't holding the Lava Cookie) with her leg.

MassivePanda

Goofy time?
Neat job there. Still, even as a "human", the hands seem too small, as do the facial features. Yeah, you're trying to be realistic, but still; a tad too small, in my opinion. Also, the distance between her mouth and her nose is really bothering me. Shorten it up a little bit; you don't want her looking like a horse.
Still, this has potential to be awesome, so tinker with it.

Alright, thanks for the criticism! I knew something was wrong with the hands, but I couldn't quite figure it out. The mouth and the nose were also bothering me, but I couldn't see it either xD Thanks for pointing the flaws out.

Clockworkz

SURPRISE BUTTSECKS
No problem. I also noticed just now that the head as a whole is a tad too large; may wanna tone it down so it fits her neck.

Xain

The Psychic Savior
Good lord your awesome! Excellent job! I do agree that the arms are a tad to small but it think the face is great. It just gives the piece its own style. Once again excellent job...nice to see my favorite Hoenn gym leader in this way.

Also...i find it funny that the picture makes her look so tough when in actuality she doesn't have much confidence in her abilities. (thought she does try to put on the tough persona....this is judging from the game though, never seen how her character is portrayed in the anime)

psilocybin

I'm digging the grungy look. Flannery's pose is wonderful. And I love her pants. You made her look really bad-***.

Most of the critiques have been said, but if you're having problems with hands compare them to the face. They should cover the whole face.
Her abdomen bothers me a bit. Like, the stomach seems concave. I think I know what you were trying to get out, but maybe lighter shading?

Great job over all! Did you color this in OpenCanvas? It looks like it.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
That rocks! The style of art is great, and you did a great job drawing the character. Keep up the awesome work.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Good lord your awesome! Excellent job! I do agree that the arms are a tad to small but it think the face is great. It just gives the piece its own style. Once again excellent job...nice to see my favorite Hoenn gym leader in this way.

Also...i find it funny that the picture makes her look so tough when in actuality she doesn't have much confidence in her abilities. (thought she does try to put on the tough persona....this is judging from the game though, never seen how her character is portrayed in the anime)

Yeah, she's like that in the anime too. In the show, she apparently just inherited her Gym from her pop and is still struggling to figure out how Fire Pokémon work. And she's very clumsy too.

That posture reminds me of Mugen from Samurai Champloo in a way...which probably, when you look at it hard enough, reveals the softie in Mugen. And the same goes for this. Or am I looking too hard?