• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

First game since 3rd Gen, catching up, need assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainion

Long Awaited Champio
I haven't played pokemon for a long time, since the 4th gen came out and then I still played Emerald more, and even then I only just got into advanced training and breeding. So it's been awhile and I just got Black to get back into the series, yet with an entire new batch of pokemon I have a little more trouble deciding what to use for a team.

I beat the first gym and am on Route 3 currently and so far for every new pokemon I come across, I reference to Marriland's strengths, weaknesses, description, etc of them. Still leaves the decision up to me, but since I don't know the pokemon I may run into in the next route or two it still makes me blind to what options/opportunities I have.

Currently my part is as such:

Herdier LV17
Ability: Sand Rush
Nature: Adamant
- Bite
- Take Down
- Tackle
- Leer

Dewott LV17
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Timid
- Razor Shell
- Tail Whip
- Water Gun
- Focus Energy

Pansear LV14 (Not sure if i should keep this around or look for another fire?)
Ability: Gluttony
Nature: Sassy
- Fury Swipes
- Leer
- Lick
- Incinerate

I almost kept around the Electric Zebra pokemon, but read that it's kind of disappointing and an electric type isn't necessary this early on. My next planned addition is between Roggenrola and Drillbur, but I'm pretty positive I'm going Drillbur. What about a flying or psychic? Psychic's have always been my favorite type but I haven't run into one yet, besides the zubat replacement one. Any help would be appreciated, as well as some moveset recommendations as the above level. :3

[GS]

Staring at my phone
^ Don't worry, just check out the rules. You can post a planned team, it doesn't have to be set in stone, just give us an idea which direction to go when rating.

*Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.