• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

First Hail Team

DJMonty

<--- Currently REing
I felt like making a weather team, as every other team I've made sucked. So much so, my win rate is 5-26-0. I needed a new team, and and Hail was the first thing that came to mind.

So, here's the team:

Abomasnow @ Choice Scarf
Naive
252 Atk/252 Sp. Atk/4 Spd
Snow Warning

- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer
- Shadow Ball
- Rock Slide

Abomasnow is a MUST for Hail teams. Mainly, his Evo line are the only Pokemon which have Snow Warning, but he needs some decent moves. Blizzard never misses in Hail, and 30% chance to get through Protect. Wood Hammer is an awesome STAB, Shadow Ball and Rock Slide are for coverage.

Glaceon @ Focus Sash
Modest
252 Sp. Atk/252 HP/4 Sp. Def
Snow Cloak

- Signal Beam
- Water Pulse
- HP Fire
- Blizzard

Glaceon is an awesome Ice Sp. Attacker. 130 Base Sp. Atk, and Snow Cloak to raise evasiveness. It's going to be hard to hit, while it can sweep your team. Blizzard is a must, as it never misses, Water Pulse, Signal Beam, and HP Fire are for coverage. There isn't much it can't hit.

Tentacruel @ Choice Scarf
Jolly
252 Sp Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
Clear Body

- Giga Drain
- Blizzard
- Rapid Spin
- Sludge Wave

Tentacruel is mainly my Rapid Spinner, as three of my Pokemon are hit 1/4 by Stealth Rock. But, if he's going to be used, he may as well have some decent attacking moves. Blizzard for the accuracy bonus, Sludge Wave for STAB, and Giga Drain for coverage.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Naive
Multi scale

- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Outrage
- Superpower

Dragonite is a mixed attacker in my setup. He kicks ***. Outrage is the second best STAB in game, imho (With Victini and V-Create taking #1), Superpower and TBolt for coverage, Blizzard for the accuracy.

Dugtrio @ Life Orb
Adamant
252 Atk/252 HP/4 Spd
Arena Trap

- Giga Impact
- Aerial Ace
- Night Slash
- EarthQuake

Dugtrio is here to trap things like Metagross. Picture the scene, I have Glaceon out, and the opponent switches in a MEtagross. Just as they use EQ, I switch to Dugtrio. They can't switch out, Dugtrio outspeeds them and 1-2HKOs them. End of Metagross.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Adamant
252 Atk/252 HP/4 Sp. Def
Torrent

- Hail
- Aqua Tail
- Blizzard
- Hammer Arm

Swampert is just here to help take on Fire types. With only Dugtrio and Abomasnow knowing moves that are super effective on Rock, and Abomasnow is x4 weak to rock. They need more help, or my team is screwed. So, Pert is here with Aqua Tail over Waterfall, because it has 10 base power more and same accuracy, Hammer Arm for coverage, Blizzard for the accuracy and Hail incase someone sets up different weather and Abomasnow is fainted.

Thanks for taking the time out to read this RMT. I appreciate all comments, and will take them all into consideration.

DragonSkull94

The Heartless Hero
Alot different to my Hail team.
Y have sash on Glaceon? Its defenses are pretty good and u have max HP anyway. Try out leftovers or Life Orb maybe v
Geez a Scarfed Tentacruel? Never seen that before... It does so much better at being a support

Tentacruel @ black sludge
Calm
Liquid ooze (better use liquid oze, conkeldurr is everywhere)
252 HP / 120 def / 130 sPd
Scald
Toxic spikes
Rapid spin
Sludge bomb

Btw as u are running Snow Cloak Glaceon, I recommend going for a Wish set, as most of your team takes damage from Hail and as no way to recover.

Also you will find that Dragonite will rarely use Multiscale because of Hail damage. I mean it's good for switching in and all but with you know what I mean

XGallade

Regarding your dugtrio strategy, any metagross fighting against an ice type will opt to use Meteor Mash/Bullet Punch for supereffective STAB. If you switch to dugtrio, it WILL get severely damaged, and speed means nothing when bullet punch is used to pick you off.

Also, you have 3 pokemon constantly losing hp due to the hail, with no way of healing it back. Maybe put wish somewhere on that Glaceon, instead of signal beam. You wont be facing a lot ghosts/psychics switching in against it.

hallstromjr

Boston Celtic
The point of Hail isn't for every Pokemon to know blizzard and be an ice type, it's that Hail is the least used weather because of the lack of Ice types in OU, and ICe is the only type that resists it. What Hail, in my mind, is ment to do, is to disrupt other weather from coming in and ruining other teams days. The other Pokes can be filled in with counters to other teams, such as a Revenge Killing Garchomp or Sand Rush Excadrill for sand. A Chlorophyll Venasaur or Exxegutor to counter sun, and so on and so forth.

So I recommend taking out Dragonite for a Scarfed Naive Garchomp, with moves such as Blizzard, EQ, Outrage, Fire Blast, Stone Edge, etc, would be deadly for it. Anything along those lines will do just fine.

Another thing is take out Dugtrio. Not a very good Pokemon, because pretty much all it has is speed and it is so dang frail it could probably be OHKO'd by Bullet Punch, if not 2KO'd. I would put in a Chlorophyll Venasuar or maybe a Solar Power Charizard. Those are just some things to think about, and I hope I helped you out.

Typhlosionvsworld

Y u mad bro?
Abomasnow @ Choice Scarf
Naive
Snow Warning

- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer
- Brick Break
- Rock Slide