• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

First Legit RMT 5th Gen

Leche

Omg Shiny Scrafty!!!
Ok so I'd like to start off by saying that i'm sorry if you had to see my 4th gen RMT becauseit was attrocious. And I have put alot of thought into this Team I made here on pokemon black and i hope you all have nothing but positive feedback to help me inprove my team-building skills!

This being said, heres a first glance:

:598: Ferrothorn
:560: Scrafty
;477; Dusknoir
;121; Starmie
;143; Snorlax
;398; Staraptor

Here are the statistics:

:598:

move 1: Spikes
move 2: Power Whip/Thunderwave
move 3: Thunderwave/Gyroball
move 4: Stealth Rock
item: Leftovers
nature: Sassy
ability: iron barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe

Ok so yea this is standard special wall Ferro. He likes to open up with entry hazzards and then cripple the spinner with T wave or just take it out with gryo|whip. Lefties for healing and EVs for walling. This sets things up for Scrafty.

:560:

move 1: bulk up
move 2: drain punch/hi jump kick
move 3: payback/crunch
move 4: rest
nature: Careful
ability: shed skin
EVs: 252 Hp / 40 Atk / 216 SpD

Ok so this bad-A SoaB can pretty much take any hit; I promise.. And he can toss bulk ups left and right, just to shed-skin some rest off and go at it again. After he's had plenty of bulk ups, he can then proceed to rip the opponents team apart. Drain punch set can use stab fighting moves to heal but obviously will miss a couple OHKOs but it isn't all trouble because after enough bulk ups this scrafty is tough to take down. Payback is used as secondary stab move and great for coverage. Also hits obviously faster pogeymanz for double damage. Totally neuters Focusblast gengar.

;477;

move 1: will-o-wisp
move 2: pain split
move 3: earthquake
move 4: firepunch
nature: Impish
ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Hp / 28 Atk / 228 SpD

Alright so this set is quite obviously: A spin blocker. This ugly, legless pedo-ghost cripples forretress with will-o-wisp and can go for the KO with fire punch. He can easily deal with Tentacruel and Starmie with Thunderpunch because of his bulk. He can pain split to widdle down the opponents health and heal himself while stalling burn damage as well.

;121;

move 1: rapid spin
move 2: hydro pump
move 3: thunderbolt
move 4: recover
nature: timid
ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Hp / 40 SpD / 216 Spe

Aaaand this is my spinner. Can effectively outspeed and revenge kill other spinners while being able to wall threats like Heatran and Gyarados... And then Revenge kill. I like to invest in the extra SpD EVs to make me feel more secure about Starmie's frailty.

;143;

move 1: Zen Headbutt
move 2: Fire Punch
move 3: Selfdestruct/Ice Punch
move 4: Crunch
nature: Adamant
ability: thick fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD

This is quite the odd snorlax I know, but it can take down anything that might pose a threat to Scrafty, counter Focus blast Lucario, or be used as a Suicide for a later-game sweep. Zen Headbutt can poop on the fighting types that could counter Scrafty like Virizion and Terrakion. Fire punch for Skarmory and Selfdestruct to Suicide on bulky *** things like hippowdon. But I'm also stuck on Ice Punch..

;398;

move 1: brave bird
move 2: return
move 3: u-turn
move 4: close combat
item: choice band
nature: adamant
ability: intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 ???

I know that he looks out of place on this bulky freakin' team, but Staraptor makes a good sweeper when proper threats have been eliminated. with choice band he achieves a massive 780 attack, piled upon the already high base of Brave Bird, this is a monstrous threat as a later game sweeper if anything faster has been eliminated. Primarily a last resort, and can also counter shedinja, if that pesky bastard ever appears.

Well I really don't know what else to mention other than none of these pokes are IV bred they are all caught in wild, so they might not be up to par with the rest but hey, they still WRECK.

Final

I Submit to No One
Ok so I'd like to start off by saying that i'm sorry if you had to see my 4th gen RMT becauseit was attrocious. And I have put alot of thought into this Team I made here on pokemon black and i hope you all have nothing but positive feedback to help me inprove my team-building skills!

This being said, heres a first glance:

:598: Ferrothorn
:560: Scrafty
;477; Dusknoir
;121; Starmie
;143; Snorlax
;398; Staraptor

Here are the statistics:

:598:

move 1: Curse
move 2: Power Whip
move 3: Gyro Ball
move 4: Leech Seed / Substitute
nature: Sassy
ability: iron barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe

Ok so yea this is standard special wall Ferro. He likes to open up with entry hazzards and then cripple the spinner with T wave or just take it out with gryo|whip. Lefties for healing and EVs for walling. This sets things up for Scrafty.

You don't need entry hazards in-game. Ferrothorn is better off Cursing in-game. Curse for stat boosting, Gyro Ball and Power Whip for powerful dual-STAB moves and either Leech Seed for recovery or Substitute to help with setting up.

:560:

move 1: bulk up
move 2: Drain Punch
move 3: Crunch
move 4: rest
nature: Careful
ability: shed skin
EVs: 252 Hp / 40 Atk / 216 SpD

Ok so this bad-A SoaB can pretty much take any hit; I promise.. And he can toss bulk ups left and right, just to shed-skin some rest off and go at it again. After he's had plenty of bulk ups, he can then proceed to rip the opponents team apart. Drain punch set can use stab fighting moves to heal but obviously will miss a couple OHKOs but it isn't all trouble because after enough bulk ups this scrafty is tough to take down. Payback is used as secondary stab move and great for coverage. Also hits obviously faster pogeymanz for double damage. Totally neuters Focusblast gengar.

I'd go with Drain Punch instead of Hi Jump Kick. While Hi Jump Kick packs a ton of power, if it misses, Scrafty will take a fair bit of damage in the process which kinda goes against what Bulk Up Scrafty is built to do. It is a boosting tank. Not so much a sweeper. I would also go with Crunch instead of Payback for the sake of reliability.

;477;

move 1: will-o-wisp
move 2: pain split
move 3: earthquake
move 4: firepunch
nature: Impish
ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Hp / 28 Atk / 228 SpD

Alright so this set is quite obviously: A spin blocker. This ugly, legless pedo-ghost cripples forretress with will-o-wisp and can go for the KO with fire punch. He can easily deal with Tentacruel and Starmie with Thunderpunch because of his bulk. He can pain split to widdle down the opponents health and heal himself while stalling burn damage as well.

Looks fine. I think.

;121;

move 1: Ice Beam
move 2: hydro pump
move 3: thunderbolt
move 4: Psyshock
item: Life Orb
nature: timid
ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed

Aaaand this is my spinner. Can effectively outspeed and revenge kill other spinners while being able to wall threats like Heatran and Gyarados... And then Revenge kill. I like to invest in the extra SpD EVs to make me feel more secure about Starmie's frailty.

You don't need Rapid Spin in-game either. Starmie is a better all-out attacker. Use Ice Beam instead of Rapid Spin. Psyshock would probably be better than Recover because Starmie is certainly not bulky. Psyshock also gives Starmie a chance against Special walls it otherwise wouldn't be able to deal with. For EVs, use standard Special Sweeper EVs (max Special Attack and max Speed).

;143;

move 1: Earthquake
move 2: Fire Punch
move 3: Return / Body Slam
move 4: Crunch
nature: Adamant
ability: thick fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD

This is quite the odd snorlax I know, but it can take down anything that might pose a threat to Scrafty, counter Focus blast Lucario, or be used as a Suicide for a later-game sweep. Zen Headbutt can poop on the fighting types that could counter Scrafty like Virizion and Terrakion. Fire punch for Skarmory and Selfdestruct to Suicide on bulky *** things like hippowdon. But I'm also stuck on Ice Punch..

SelfDestruct got nerfed just like Explosion so it isn't worth using now. Return is a solid STAB move for Snorlax. Body Slam is nice for its chance of Paralysis. Since Psychic isn't a good Attacking type, use Earthquake because it gets better type coverage.

;398;

move 1: brave bird
move 2: return
move 3: u-turn
move 4: close combat
item: choice band
nature: Jolly
ability: intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 ???

I know that he looks out of place on this bulky freakin' team, but Staraptor makes a good sweeper when proper threats have been eliminated. with choice band he achieves a massive 780 attack, piled upon the already high base of Brave Bird, this is a monstrous threat as a later game sweeper if anything faster has been eliminated. Primarily a last resort, and can also counter shedinja, if that pesky bastard ever appears.

I'd use a Jolly Nature if using the Choice Band set so it can outspeed more things. As for where the remaining 4 EVs go, it honestly doesn't matter. The set looks fine otherwise.

Well I really don't know what else to mention other than none of these pokes are IV bred they are all caught in wild, so they might not be up to par with the rest but hey, they still WRECK.

Suggestions in bold. Hope they're helpful.

arbiter7x

Brock Obama
may I suggest you switch Dusknoir for a Duskclops with Evolite? But you can keep it the way it is if you want, as you have 2 walls already, but you can also run trick room with Dusclops, which makes Ferrothron an Snorlax rapists that you can give more offensive sets to, as 195 Def and SpD is quite insane.

Twilightphoenix

Elite Trainer
you might have trouble geting 3 leftovers so shell bell could be used eventhough its not as effective as leftovers. and if you go with leech seed on ferrowthorn you can use rocky helmet insted of leftovers but ether one works sense leftovers helps recovery and is an ideal item for walls like ferrowthorn, rocky helmet helps to add more damage to phsysical attackers when stacked with iron barbs. but you know go with whaterver you think is best.