• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

first news from Comic Con

Right but my point remains on tested waters with uncut and subbed.

Shift

I'll learn you good!
Shift said:
For those who didn't see it in the New Dub thread, here are the lyrics to the BF dub song:

Pokemon!
It's a battle, win or lose,
It's the friends you make, it’s the road you choose,
You got the right stuff, so make your mind up,
Find the courage inside of you,
If you’re strong, you’ll survive, and you’ll keep your dream alive,
It’s the Battle Frontier,
Pokemon!
Be the best you can be and find your destiny,
It’s the master plan,
The power’s in your hand!
Pokemon!

Sorry I couldn't transcribe the new Mastermind song, I could only make out a few lines.
Just a note, I've finally been able to mostly decipher and transcribe the new Mastermid song lyrics. Any parts in parathensis are parts I'm still not sure about and that I just had to play by ear. Here it is:

I’m on a quest now,
Don’t know when, where, or ho-ow,
I’m gonna be the best,
Put my tra-i-a-i-a-i-aning to the test,
Gotta catch ‘em all now,
I’m ready to sho-out so loud,
I live for Pokemon,
(Lovin’ Pokemon) and-on-and-on-and-on-and-on-and-on-and-on-and-on-and-on,
(Let’s go along!)

Last edited:

Heracross

Custom User Title
So I should have bought something I had no interest in? Yes, I see your point. :rolleyes:

In any case, I came to comment on your lack of insight on the matter, I didn't expect the Spanish inquisition. If you would like to bombard me personally with yet more inane questions you can take it somewhere else. Back on topic maybe? ;/ New voice actors and all that rot.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
PokeMaster Justin said:
My point is the one's who seem to be the most outspoken purist support Pokemon the least. It's funny that when the market was tested with "uncut sub" Yu-Gi-Oh the fans didn't seem to want it. If they did you'd bet there would be more. 4Kids likes to make money.
Maybe because the uncut Yu-Gi-Oh! and Shaman King DVDs were beginning to sell well, but then got discontinued in the middle because they were "competing" with the edited DVDs?

Last edited:

MagicBox

xoBcigaM
PokeMaster Justin said:
assumptions.
If you're talking about what Satoshi said, no, they're not assumptions. Al Kahn said himself that they discontinued the uncut DVDs because sales were so good that they were competing with the edited DVDs. It proves he's a moron because 4KIDS makes money no matter which version they sell, but they discontinued them anyway.

Let me see a link to that please.

TeddiUrsa

the new opening..well...let´s say..it´s pretty bad...the music doesn´t fit and doesn´t sound like an opening at all ^^; The clips ( from what I´ve seen) aren´t the best either..why did they use so many clips from the greta episode at the beginning? More than a short glimpse of all of Ash´s pokemon would have been nice...I liked the 4kids openings better..nya..wonder how the german opening will be..~_~

for the voices. they sound nice. I never hated the new crew anyway. I thought all of them ( besides James ..urg..james...-.- why does he have this terrible accent ? ) did their job pretty well. But they improved a lot and the new-newAsh sounds better than the newash, that´s for sure.

Oh, and, NewBrock, if you´ll ever read this:
I think that the new brock voice sounds a lot better than the original 4kids brock who I never liked at all. way to go ^^

MagicBox

xoBcigaM
PokeMaster Justin said:
Let me see a link to that please.
*Sigh* Okay...

Here.

Scroll down until they start talking about the Yu-Gi-Oh! and Shaman King uncuts.

Honestly dude, what are you even trying to prove anymore? You're just disagreeing with everybody now, and so far, every argument of yours has been negated.

EDIT: Back on-topic, it won't let me watch the opening, but I don't mind waiting until the new season airs. The theme song isn't that big a deal to me anyway.

Last edited:
"everybody" meaning purist? Then yes I will argue. It's actually quite interesting too, and I'm learning alot.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
PokeMaster Justin said:
"everybody" meaning purist? Then yes I will argue. It's actually quite interesting too, and I'm learning alot.
Look out everyone! The dub purist(OMG, you can be an annoying as hell purist for the dub too! :O!) will continue his assult until people who at all enjoy the original at all are made to enjoy the dub ONLY! Remember, if it's not in English, it's made by heathens and is not fit for American(or British) viewers, even when those who view it really don't complain about the dub much if at all!

Getting back to this thing known as a topic...

I like the new new voices(mmm, redundancy). Ash's was startling at first, but I'm sure it'll get better with time. The intro...eh, similar to the 4Kids stuff but at least it's not sung by the SAME DAMN PEOPLE who did everything past and including Master Quest's intro. Hardly makes up a notable portion of the show anyway. The important thing is that Ash doesn't sound like a Generic Filler Boy(tm), May sounds closer to her age, and Brock lost the overwhelming rasp in his voice.

Shift

I'll learn you good!
MagicBox said:
Back on-topic, it won't let me watch the opening, but I don't mind waiting until the new season airs. The theme song isn't that big a deal to me anyway.
Oh, that's no problem. I put it on Putfile, so check it out here:
EDIT: Okay, it didn't work, so never mind...

Last edited:

Champion Jared 14

Well, I listened to that conference at comiccon, and it seems that PUSA means well. That re-edited part of the mirage special was pretty good. Ash sounds better, I can still recognize her feminine voice in him, but that can be fixed. Brock improved and got much better, very good improvement. Max sounded good as well, just like the original. There are fewer mistakes they have to do now to me. Just a few more things to work on. The intro was okay too, but I wanted it to be longer. It had good lyrics though. I didn't get to see the pictures of it, if there were any. If they keep most of the japanese music, that will certainly be good. The japanese episodes have good music, I hope they get the contest music too.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Ash sounds good, he really does.

I never knew Manaphy could use Heart Swap to turn him into <scribbles out May> a young girl from such a long distance.

EDIT: Ed, there's a simple way to make it stop. It's called "Leave me alone." And I guarantee that if I was cursing out people for liking the dub (like a certain person we both know !) this whole situation would be totally different.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Good god, the Mastermind opening is appalling. I actually prefer that original rap opening to this! :eek: What the hell were they thinking? All I can hear is a bunch of horrid screaming and can't make out any of the words.

The Season 9 opening is better, but not by much. It's worse than the 4kids lyrics. :/