• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

first news from Comic Con

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
This happens in a lot of dubbed anime that airs on TV, silence is always filled with music. I see PUSA sees fit that we must always have music in the background.

HoennMaster

I don't recall 4Kids doing that. Guess I never payed attetnion then.

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
While it's still a bit of a letdown to hear that PUSA will be filling in the silent spots in the music score again, I'm very pleased to know that they'll be keeping the rest of the Japanese music. I'm even more excited to hear that the new cast is closer to the original Japanese seiyuus, and that the dub will overall be closer to the original vision than ever before (hopefully, this means no more Trainer's Choices, no more shortened opening sequences, and no more totally unnecessary dialogue changes). Season 9 is looking better and better by the day - I'll definitely watch it now.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Lots of things are wrong with that.

Jesse GS the II said:
I'm even more excited to hear that the new cast is closer to the original Japanese seiyuus,

They aren't. They sound closer to the 4kids ones now than before.

no more shortened opening sequences,

LOL, PUSA completely butchered the Spurt opening, you need to see it yourself. They shorted it to 30 seconds, took out the scene of all of Ash's old Pokemon, and took out all the 10th anniversary stuff.

and no more totally unnecessary dialogue changes).

Wrong, oldguard comfirmed the same script writer from Seasons 5-8 is doing Season 9. Its all done by the same scriptwriters and such.

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
CyberCubed said:
Lots of things are wrong with that.

They aren't. They sound closer to the 4kids ones now than before.

LOL, PUSA completely butchered the Spurt opening, you need to see it yourself. They shorted it to 30 seconds, took out the scene of all of Ash's old Pokemon, and took out all the 10th anniversary stuff.

Wrong, oldguard comfirmed the same script writer from Seasons 5-8 is doing Season 9. Its all done by the same scriptwriters and such.

Well, can you at least let me watch an episode or two before you try to influence my opinion? Which isn't going to work either way, because I'm going to decide for myself whether or not Season 9 is better.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
You know Cyber, all because its the same script writer doesn't mean it will be the same stupid edits. 4Kids dictates that kind of stuff. The scriptwriter will go with what the company tells them

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
intergalactic platypus said:
You know Cyber, all because its the same script writer doesn't mean it will be the same stupid edits. 4Kids dictates that kind of stuff. The scriptwriter will go with what the company tells them

Edits probably won't happen, but I meant dialouge will be the same.

Which I didn't have a problem with, as TR's dub lines were 10 times funnier than their Japanese lines.

And there are very few things that Ash/May/Max/Brock say that is ever out of character or anything, the script writer is top notch. I'm glad they're keeping him.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
Yeah the script writer is pretty faithful with translations. Most stupid edits are paint based. The only thing (s)he can't help is when jokes get lost in translation, like ember to mushroom

C.J. Ray

I wanted Shaymin! :(
Shift said:
I think the point here is that there's no way any of us can make a conclusion before we actually see and hear what PUSA's final results are. All we have to go on is their word. As far as I'm concerned, PUSA basically has a clean slate, so I'm going to give them the benfit of the doubt and let them do what they're gonna do. If they say they're gonna keep the music, improve the voices, and stay closer to the original overall, I say we give them that chance to prove it, since there's no precident as to whether what they say and what they do are the same as of yet.

The fact is there's nothing more that can be done; they're going through with it, and nothing short of an apocalypse is going to stop them at this point, so we might as well let them show us what they're gonna do before deciding whether to riot or not. Besides, in my opinion, 4Kids has scribbled on their slate more than enough times for me to expect what they'd give to us.

Well said from a fellow Arbok fan! (Did Arbok get his Japanese voice, that would explain his accent, which I love.)

I too refuse to speculate what is going to happen until we see the first Season 9 episode, ESP vs. Ghostu! Until we start seeing the new dub titles for those episodes, which will probably not be revealed until mid or late August at the best, it's pointless to say things that are just theories.

And I don't think they will edit Anabel at all - she's clearly a girl in the games and other media, why would they change her sex now? (I admit that Dogasu steered me away from watching the Legend of Thunder series because of some of the edits.)

Shift

I'll learn you good!
C.J. Ray said:
Well said from a fellow Arbok fan! (Did Arbok get his Japanese voice, that would explain his accent, which I love.)

I too refuse to speculate what is going to happen until we see the first Season 9 episode, ESP vs. Ghostu! Until we start seeing the new dub titles for those episodes, which will probably not be revealed until mid or late August at the best, it's pointless to say things that are just theories.

And I don't think they will edit Anabel at all - she's clearly a girl in the games and other media, why would they change her sex now? (I admit that Dogasu steered me away from watching the Legend of Thunder series because of some of the edits.)
Thanks for the sentiments.

However, I like Arbok well enough, but I'm not exactly a fan; I just like the picture, is all. And yeah, that is its original Japanese voice.

RandomCharizard

Oh btw, the theme from Mastermind (old and new) is from the 10th aniverrsary song called "Pokemon Go!"
From Pokemon.com's Mailbag said:
(Fan emailing PUSA)Who sings the song "Pokemon Go!" in the Journey Across America events? I love the song and can't find it anywhere!

(Part of PUSA's Respone)
The 10th Aniversarry song "Pokemon Go!," was brought to you by Atsusi Toya, Tokuya & Snorlax 10th Aniversarry Project, and the musical Stylings of the pokemon band. An excerpt was heard in the Pokemon Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon special

So Pokemon USA didnt exactly make it.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
The script writer would likely just translate the script if left to themselves. Also don't forget LoT was dubbed a different crew altogether. The dub script is actually very close the original in the main series. It's the paint edits and music edits that were annoying. And putting a western joke in place of Japanese joke that wouldn't work in English is fine by me (as long as they aren't corny).

Shift

I'll learn you good!
Wai-wai-wait! You mean to tell me someone actually liked that song?! And I mean the old song; the new one was much more tolerable.

RandomCharizard

Shift said:
Wai-wai-wait! You mean to tell me someone actually liked that song?! And I mean the old song; the new one was much more tolerable.
No, the dude was talking about the song he heard from JAA which was the full song. There was no "two songs" because both themes were excerpts

Cerberus

One Love
The Pokemon performance at Comic-Con has made my day.

I feel like writing to them to tell them how happy they have made me.

<3

Shift

I'll learn you good!
RandomCharizard said:
No, the dude was talking about the song he heard from JAA which was the full song. There was no "two songs" because both themes were excerpts
Could that be true? I had tl have my brother go to the one near us, so I never got to hear it. Hard to believe those songs are one and the same.