• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

first news from Comic Con

TeddiUrsa

They changed/remixed the regi´s voices to be less scairy? ..ow,man..I loved the voices...;__;

Heracross

Custom User Title
So did I. Although I'm not going to complain since I wasn't planning on watching the dub anyway. I am somewhat curious about what was meant by "remixed" though.

PDL

disenchanted
Heracross said:
I am somewhat curious about what was meant by "remixed" though.

They remixed the original voices with samples from the "Vengabus" song that the six flags old guy danced to.

Kabuto

little punks!
Regis being less scary is terrible. Their eerie entrance was the best scene in the whole movie besides the ending. Hopefully, the voices will be better, I didn't honestly see a need to fire the MMOMP voices when they just started, but oh well. We'll see what happens.

Shift

I'll learn you good!
Kabuto said:
Regis being less scary is terrible. Their eerie entrance was the best scene in the whole movie besides the ending. Hopefully, the voices will be better, I didn't honestly see a need to fire the MMOMP voices when they just started, but oh well. We'll see what happens.
You guys'll keep saying it, and we'll keep correcting you: no one was fired. All they did was hire a new actress for Ash; the person who voiced him in the first edition of the special also voiced Max, and that's who she'll continue to voice, she just won't be Ash anymore. In the end, they only hired one extra person, so no one else was let go or replaced.

Kabuto

little punks!
Oh, ok didn't read the whole article. As long as this Ash sounds deeper then the last one, I'm satisfied.

HoennMaster

To bad they didn't play the specail up until TR's place. I would have liked to see if Jessie and James improved. To me, Meowth was the only perfect voice in the specail.

Fizban

Propaniacs
They only had an hour to do the panel. They wouldn't have had any time for Q&A and autographs if they had just shown that thing again.

The Pokemon people did seem a bit embarassed that they didn't bring stuff to sell at Comic-Con. For some reason, they keep forgetting that it has such a huge fanbase after all these years.

Kuroshi

I knew good things would come of the Comic-Con event. It is really good to hear that they will be sticking as close to the original Japanese version as possible, (Insert happy dance) and the inclusion of Mastermind on the 8th movie DVD is a great bonus. This fall is gonna be pretty big for Pokémon.

Fizban

Propaniacs
Well, Billy says that the pokemon he most resembles is Slowpoke. His favorite used to be Bulbasaur, but he likes how super strong May's Squirtle is. Sarah's favorite pokemon is a tie between Pikachu and Mew.

Both of them like it when a pokemon has a name they can actually pronounce.

When fast food places used to have Pokemon toys to advertise the 1st movie they both went out and got a ton of them.

Nobody had any really interesting questions. I didn't read the pokebeach thing, but did they mention how two cosplayers dressed up as Team Magma agents showed up for the panel directly after the pokemon one? That made me laugh quite a bit.

Support the anime you cosplay.

Fizban

Propaniacs
"Were you guys fans of pokemon before this?" <- Yes and yes
"What is your favorite pokemon?" <- Answered that already
"Sometimes you guys edit things." <- This wasn't a question. What's up with that?
"When Brock is making food, where is the meat coming from? We never see any normal animals..." <- A little kid went "TORCHIC!" Outstanding.
"How far in advance do you guys dub the series?" <- They've got about 5 episodes done so far.
"Do you ever have to act happy when you are feeling sad, or the other way around?"
"Will you do the charcter voices right now?" <- No.
"I heard that there are still movies that haven't been dubbed. When will they be?"

That one cracked me up. The latest movie has been out for about a week now, and people are complaining about it not being dubbed yet.

Fizban

Propaniacs
What did you expect? Some freak dressed up as a Team Rocket grunt going "WHY DID YOU REPLACE THE VOICE ACTORS? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYy?!"

I think having so many little kids in the room helped keep some of the immature older fans in the audience in check. Nobody wants to be the guy who comes off as less composed than the kid who thinks Charizard should be back in every episode.

Fizban

Propaniacs
Other questions!

"When are we going to see Ash actually age?!" <- It isn't really something cartoon characters do very often. Besides, if they did age, Ash would be older than the lady voicing him.
"Who is Ash's father?" <- They couldn't see this because the guy was standing in front of me, but I had my hand up. Hahahaha. They tried to act like watching the next season would answer the question. I can't blame them for wanting people to just watch the show.
"When is Max going to be 10?" <- The first person who asked about ages wasn't a kid, but I think the one who asked this time was. They were pretty nice about it.
"In the Mysterious Dungeon special, something something something" <- I didn't understand this question. Neither did anybody else. Pokemon talking and stuff. It was a good way for them to introduce those games.

Somebody asked a question about skipping episodes. They said they don't want to do this, but will try to make it up to the viewers if there is some reason why they CAN'T air something. This launched them into a little thing about that Barboach episode, and how the Pokemon America crew had agreed with the Pokemon Japan crew that it just wouldn't be right to show it. They don't want to mess up any continuity by airing things out of order (something I know a few of you comaplain about).

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
I've decided to give the new show a chance especially if the voices have been fixed atleast. And the redubbing of the special helps alot as well :D - and thats the reason why they are taking so long to release the 8th Movie because they added that.

And original music is a huge plus + ^^ - though I will still miss the old voices *sigh*

It seems that Pokemon USA listened to us when we said the voices in that special were horrible ^^

Next up - Dual Language DVD's!! *hopefully*

~Scott;229;

Last edited:

Kuroshi

They will most likely split it into to episodes. Cartoon Network would probably air them back to back.