• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

first news from Comic Con

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
what disappoints me about the opening is that PUSA doesn't seem to be taking advantage of the fact that the show's on Cartoon Network, now. They push for a loooot less ad time than WB does. That, and what Ludicolo's Depression said about the scenes (it sucks when localizers opt to remove completely original content that nowhere else in the show in favor of content that will be seen in an episode anyway. Though I personally have access to said scenes anyway, I can't help but wonder how much several other viewers are missing out).

Though, as said, it's not like the opening accounts for a huge portion of the show. Hell, sometimes, you'd have to wonder what purpose there'd be to have one playing for more than 20 seconds (especially seeing as American children's shows tend to never display any credits over their openings... just a bunch of scenes and the title).

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Openings are to hype you up for the episode.

It's a shame that PUSA butchered the Spurt opening, so now I don't feel the hype. If they *really* want to please us, at least make it a 45 second opening. Why they shortened it so much and cut out the scene of Ash's old Pokemon is beyond me.

Season 9 could have had a great opening if they didn't mess around with the animation, but seems like they did. They're no different than 4kids in this regard.

MagicBox

xoBcigaM
CyberCubed said:
Openings are to hype you up for the episode.
Well yeah, but little kids will be pulled into the show anyway because it's Pokemon, and us big kids will be pulled into the show because we're excited about the new dub. The only people that the opening won't be able to get excited is that awkward middle area who thinks they're too big for Pokemon.

I still think we should let the opening slide for now until we actually find out what the reasoning was behind such a short theme sequence.

What do you mean reason? That's how the cut the opening to form fit their music...there is no deep meaning or logic behind it. Can't wait for the paint edits to begin.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
Good to see you want everything to work out Justin. Theres still a strong possibility that was just a preview ya know. But we're in a community just waiting to bash PUSA for everything they do, mostly people who hate them because they're not 4Kids or people who need every little detail to remain exactly the same

Trainer Rachel

Let's do it!
intergalactic platypus said:
Good to see you want everything to work out Justin. Theres still a strong possibility that was just a preview ya know. But we're in a community just waiting to bash PUSA for everything they do, mostly people who hate them because they're not 4Kids or people who need every little detail to remain exactly the same

I know, and that's a pity. I really am excited now that PUSA is in charge, and I really wanna give them a chance. They obviously care more about Pokemon than 4Kids did, and I think they can and will handle this show much better as well.

Stop the bashing, especially when there's no need to -_- People (including myself, I'll be honest) bashed PUSA when they announced the VA change had to happen, and then when the Mastermind voices were revealed (again, myself as well), and then when it was announced an 18 year old would be the new Ash, and etc etc etc. But look at it now. PUSA took into account our complaints and redubbed Mastermind, got a much better Ash (no offence to the other) and now they said that for the upcoming Mystery Dungeon special they're going to let us fans vote on which voices the Pokemon will have in the special. Now THAT's caring.

So what I'm saying is I'm sure PUSA knows how some fans are upset about the new opening being too short or cutting important clips out, and I bet they'll fix it for when the season actually premiers.

Who knows what PUSA has in store? Eye-catchers, ending songs, etc... Just don't bash until everything is set in stone.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
HoennMaster said:
That scene is in there!!! They just put the BF logo over it.

No, they cut out the part where they pan through them all, as well as the part where they're all zooming past the screen. Keeping them all in shadows and cutting out the rest is disgraceful.

MagicBox

xoBcigaM
PokeMaster Justin said:
What do you mean reason? That's how the cut the opening to form fit their music...there is no deep meaning or logic behind it.
All I meant was that even though it's just a theme song, 30 seconds is quite short, even by American TV standards. Now, even if Cartoon Network has less commercials than KidsWB, having the complete opening and ending themes is something they rarely do with anime, if ever. What I was saying is that if they made the opening short so that they could air the complete ending theme, along with eye catches & episode previews, then I can understand that. That's what I meant when I said that there might be a reason for the opening being so short.

PokeMaster Justin said:
Can't wait for the paint edits to begin.
Um, why?

Look, 4KIDS isn't coming back, so you might as well start hoping that PUSA does a good job with the show.

Heracross

Custom User Title
MagicBox said:
This might explain it...
PokeMaster Justin said:
I simply love watching online messageboards go up in flames over pointless ****. Love it.

Ah well. To me, the opening sounds neither better nor worse than any of 4Kids' later work. If anything it's just 15 extra seconds we won't have to listen to.

Shin Ura Yuuki

Red's Follower
Again, since I was ignored the first time...

Why are you complaining about the scene with Ash's Pokemon so much? I don't think it'd be right to show it at this time because it contains major spoilers for his team. I'm aware 4Kids did it with their seventh opening, but that doesn't make it right. At least PUSA is being considerate for those who don't come to serebii.net and want to be surprised..

Trainer Rachel

Let's do it!
intergalactic platypus said:
Theres nothing spoilerific about seeing Ashes old Pidgeot. ZOMG ASH CAUGHT A PIDGEOTTO IN THE 2ND EP HIDE THE SPOILER!

Correction, 3rd ;)

But it DOES show his future Pokemon like Sceptile and Donphan, but of course you can already see Sceptile's shadow at the beginning, and then Donphan clearly. But who knows, seeing all those Pokemon may confuse people who are just tunning in to Pokemon and don't know that Ash had all those Pokemon previously, and may think he's gonna catch em later...

But, um, yeah, whatever.

The shows not really a high intense drama, I mean it doesn't really matter that much. It's sort of dramatic irony, you know what will happen but you'll watch the events that lead up to it.

lilrumpkinkb

This sounds nice that they are listening to us and re-dubbing them. I just hope they won't be idiots and the new dub will be worse than the first. I DVR'd the first dub, and was watching it with my brother and we thought something was wrong with the TV we thought it was that bad. It wasn't until later that day I found out about the new VA's. >.>