• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

First OU team attempt

Overkill™

Snowflake!
Edits in Bold. Replaced arcanines morning sun for Cunch. Replaced Tyranitar with Cloyster

I'm completlly new in competetive battling, and willing to get some feedback on a team I put together. Tested it a bit on PO, and works quite ok as my first team.

059.gif

Arcanine @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire/Intimidate
EVs: 252 Attk / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Nature: Adamant
- Extreme Speed
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Crunch

Bit of a suicider having flare blitz&Life orb, but amount of dmg taken from flare blitz, is only lethal ot itself when 1HKOing a pokemon, wich will mostlly still ends up him being alive a bit, dmging stuff with extreme speed (all this IF flare blitz is used, wich can be handy versuses Ferrothorn leads or ninjask, wich can be blitz/extreme speeded). Close Combat gives great coverage and awsome dmg overall. Lowers defense, but hes ment to either kill, hurt with extreme speed, or be switched out. Extreme speed fiishes off lots of near dead pokemons wich also helps in lots of battles.Crunch added in place for morning sun to get one awsome type coverage. Focused on attk more then speed, regarding the fact it has extremepseed as priority move, wich still is quite strong with life orb. Flash fire to save Ferro or tanga, but intimidate can also save lifes vs siome sweepers, so I dunno.

598.gif

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp. Def / 4 Def
Nature: Carefull / Sassy
- Power whip
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Thudner Wave / Gyro Ball

Pretty much self explaining. Pure stall, while still with his good stats, been able to deal decent dmg vs sweepers with power whip (like excadrill). Carefull-thunder wave option for pure stall, or Sassy-Gyro ball for more coverage. Think I'll go for pure stall with this. Also awsome partner with Jellicent cus of their perfect type teaming.

465.gif

Tangrowth 3 @ Big Root
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 52 HP / 204 Def / 252 SP. Attk
Nature: Bold
- Substitute
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off

Leecher physical wall. Even tough tang doesnt have a super great covarage with this set, it can still be verry durable versus allot pokemons. When ya get a pokemon wich has to high special or flame/fly moves, switch to somehting more suitable. Pretty much setting up leech seed, and then spamm giga drain. Knok off nowdyas always comes in handy, when ya predict a switch, or just overall to criple aswell sweepers as walls. Substitute is awsome when setting it up, giving more time to leech to make near death to as good as fully alive. Big root increases the HP gaoned from Leech seed and giga drain quite a bit making it versus allot verry durable. Regenrator (not out yet, dreamworld) is awsome in case its almost dead anyway, to regenrate health once again. Again biggest down side is typing, but seeing my team i should still have good enough coverage, mostlly cus jelllicent.

091.gif

Cloyster @ Kings Rock
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Attk / 208 Speed / 48 Sp. Attk
Nature: Naughty
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Surf

Tyranitars replacment, as someone below suggested, and one wich can take an ice hit as somebody else suggested. Mixed Shell Break sweeper. Icile Spear and Rock Blast with Shell Break pretty much destroys anything, while giving 47% to flinch with kings rock cus of the consecutive hits (from serebii) while having great coverage, while having surf to mop up wich it can't kill cus of their physical defense.

593.gif

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Cursed body
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 Sp. Def
Nature: Calm
- Surf
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Ice Beam

Important team member considering this one can take hits for allot fo my team members. Lookin around a bit on the internet, i never foudn this EV spread, but imo it works like a charm, being able to take allot of special punisment, and with WoW allot of physical too. (even without WoW he does well). Verry durable with recover, and surf/Ice beam give pretty nice coverage, making it even posible to take down pokemons himself, while staying alive with recover and leftovers, enemy suffering from burn, leading to switches in some cases, leaves enemy ciplled and jellicent fully healed fro switch, or able to set up another WoW. Taking suggestions on EV spread, I prefer mixed spread. Cursed body can, with switches ro even without, cripple down quite a few pokemons. Water absorb kinda useless in my case, cus vs water moves, there are better pokemons to set up, and only arcanine and t-tar (wich might be replaced) suffer under water. And again, better to set up Hydreigon, tang or ferro.

635.gif

Hydreigon @ Life orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Sp. Attk / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Nature: Timid
- Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Surf

Again, explains itself. Typing fits perfect within this team, levitate taking earth hits, and being able to take allot of types rest of my team is weak too. Awsome speed, and with life orb able to sweep allot of pokemon with great coverage moves and 2 verry powerfull STABs.

Well thats my first try on my team. Thanks in advance for helping!

Last edited:

Overkill™

Snowflake!
You could save Arcanine for a late game revenge killer/sweeper.

I appriciate the help, only seeing a few problems. Drought nintails with arcanine, makes flare blitz awsomelly strong, but cus of the huge recoil, arcanine won't last long. Also running sawbuck with drought won't work, cus ability won't activate with clear skies. and again, 1 physical attacker, If it dies I'm in huge pain.

Correct me if I'm wrong, cus I'm just a newbie after all, just what came up in me so yeah.

Haxorusfan

Dragon Trainer
ya sand storm doesn't do good with your party. Ya Comp is 10x better than TTAr. Trust me I've tried both. Comp allllllllllllllllll the way

Overkill™

Snowflake!
replace it with something that resists ice- once jellicent faints, you're going to need backup

Any suggestions on that? (preferaplly physical attacker since it will replace t-tar right)

Edit: Carracosta might be good replacment for T-tar? Shell break/white herb seems pretty beast on it while using solid rock, making it a decent ice resistant sweeper. Also was thinking of victini, but dunno if his attack is high enough. anyway accepting suggestions haha.

Last edited:

Overkill™

Snowflake!
. . . why?
Unless you think Sawsbuck gets drought as an ability, in which case lol.

You where talking about ninetails non stop, assuming you ment running ninetals w/ sawbuck, wich won't work.

Edit: Played around with Carracosta on PO in place of tyryanitar, but his typing and move set are to poor, so still looking for a different physical replacment. Still open for suggestions.

Overkill™

Snowflake!
Haxorus. Chandelure. Excadrill. Maybe Lucario. Or Terrakion.
Edit: Shell Smash Cloyster owns teams. Read more on it in Pokemon of the Week 5th gen

Funny thing is, just started to try out shell break cloyster haha. Still got some troubles setting it up well, but I always get atleast 1 or 2 pokemons down. So yeah, onna test cloyster a bit, and see how he does. Btw ty for reffering to serebii, found the tip on kings rock there, and ice shard would be option now. Anyway gonna test it out a bit :)

Edit: POed a bit with cloyster as replacment, and it works awsome! Only scizor pops up quite allot being a pain, but got hydreigon to cover that. Or i'll mix cloyster so it got surf or hyfro pump to beat the steels liek scizor. would surf finish off scizor? or should i go for teh risky low acc hydro pump?

Another edit: Requesting somebody who can confirm the EV spread on jellicent, or if somebody knows better (for mixed. now did teh spread between def and sp. def on feel, but dunno if it's ok like this, orthat one of teh 2 stats need a few more, or a few less)

SomeoneIGuess

?Hu Hsilaciryl
No, surf does not kill steels. Fire does, and cloyster = no fire

misconception: steels = physical defense and no special defense

in real life: steels = physical defense + average special defense

Overkill™

Snowflake!
No, surf does not kill steels. Fire does, and cloyster = no fire

misconception: steels = physical defense and no special defense

in real life: steels = physical defense + average special defense

Still a shell breaked cloysters special defense raises pretty damn high, even with few EVs, but thats why my question was surf or hydro pump.

The point of surf/hydro being good versus steel (not super effective, i've never said that) I read in someones other post, wich still kills most steels, cus allot are mixed type, or otherwise deal enough dmg. It's just in case to counter some threats wich i normally needed to switch for. If you have better suggestiona for the skill slot, please tell. Cus atm your just saying everytime things are bad, without giving any solutions, neither are your comments well underbuild, unlike teh other posters. I apricate you wanting to help, but please underbuild ir better please, try to understand what I'm saying (since you misunderstood 2 obvious things twice) and maybe come with a solutions. Thanks in advance.

123fakestreet

Metalopolis King
Last time I calced it you needed hydro pump to definitely KO skarm. Not sure if it's right though.