• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[FIRST POST] January 16: XY013 - Sylveon VS Froakie! Commotion in Kindergarten!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
XY013: Sylveon VS Froakie! Commotion in Kindergarten!!
Airdate: January 16, 2014
Scans:
Scan 1

Scan 2

Scan 3

Translations:

Scan 1:

Sylveon's cuteness makes it hard to battle!?
Its typing isn't the only clue to battle (successfully) against it! Will Froakie be defeated all too soon by its cuteness!?

Just how cute is Sylveon?
While Froakie is usually reliable in battles, this time it's no match!? Sylveon's greatest weapon might be the fact that it captures its opponent's hearts and never lets go again!

Caption 1:
At first, Froakie is brave! But after getting hit by a powerful combo of "Attract" and "Draining Kiss"... It stands no chance!?

Caption 2:
There is a reason behind its strength!?

Sylveon's partner Première is a kindergarten teacher. She battles Trainers who pass by during their journey because she wants to ask them a favor. What kind of request is it?

Scan 2:

Caption 1:
It attacks with a move called "Moonblast"!

Ash battles and befriends the Sylveon of Première, a kindergarten teacher, and they become friends. The group visits the kindergarten, but then Team Rocket appears...

Caption 2:
Froakie struggles in its battle against Sylveon!?

Caption 3:
The children of the kindergarten have fun playing with the Pokémon.

Caption 4:
A battle against Team Rocket, who want to capture Pikachu and the others!

Caption 5:
Froakie goes into action to protect Sylveon and Lundi!

Scan 3:

Ash and his friends' Pokémon are very popular at the kindergarten, but there's one pupil who doesn't even attempt to approach them. Why is he/she afraid of Pokémon?!

Caption 1:
"If I win, come along" Première's Sylveon and Ash's Froakie have a Pokémon battle!

This episode looks like it's gonna be fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Ribbles

Cubchoo Lover
I honestly thought Sylveon wouldn't appear until gym 6. This is a nice surprise.

It seems like Cute Charm activated, which is a nice addition. Is this just a random COTD or someone actually important?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well, there goes the "Froakie won't ever be a comedic relief Pokemon" theories. Even if he's acting odd because of Sylveon's Attract/Cute Charm or whatever, it still throws a wrench into all the arguments that were made about Froakie always being serious. Anyway, I don't care for Sylveon, but Froakie should be entertaining. This seems like a fun episode over all.

Last edited:

Sephora

yes I'm back
The Sylveon trainer is so cute!
Anyway, I was not expecting Sylveon to be promoted this early, but it is a pleasant surprise; I've always been a fan of eeveelutions. I wonder what the Japanese text means?

dman_dustin

Well, there goes the "Froakie won't ever be a comedic relief Pokemon" theories. Even if he's acting odd because of Sylveon's Attract/Cute Charm or whatever, it still throws a wrench into all the arguments that were made about Froakie always being serious. Anyway, I don't care for Sylveon, but Froakie should be entertaining. This seems like a fun episode over all.

I'm sorry what did you think was going to happen.

Did you think we thought Froakie was some kind of battling monster, what's it supposed to do when its infatuated, was it supposed to hit Slyveon to show its love.

Please.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master

I knew this would get brought up. Never saw Grovyle VS Luvdisc? Was Excadrill not a serious battler? Do I even need to explain what Attract/Cute Charm does?

Anyways I'm excited for this episode! We'll be introduced to the Fairy type and Froakie will get its first official battle! I bet it'll lose but then we'll maybe get some training and a rematch. Kinda like the other episodes we've had before

Did you think we thought Froakie was some kind of battling monster, what's it supposed to do when its infatuated, was it supposed to hit Slyveon to show its love.

Please.

Obviously a super serious Pokémon can't be affected by Attract or Cute Charm! What's next, confusion?

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
Suggestion: Makje this thread about XY012 (Scatterbug Family), XY013 (this) and XY014 (Espurr) at once in a provisional thread.
Why? We don't expect more info for them in weeks. XY10 and XY11 will appear in Famitsu tomorrow/Thursday,but the other ones are not expected to appear until later in the schedule.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I have so much excitement for this episode, Nifia debut, Cute Charm activation, battle, Kerometsu air time and even that screen shot of that Water Pulse from above looks great. I'm guessing this is gonna confirm Nifia as a chick and Kerometsu as a male, I doubt it's the opposite. This looks great, I'm guessing Cute Charm is afflicted by the physical contact Nifia is having with Kerometsu in the screenshot.(Draining Kiss, perhaps?) So excited for Kerometsu, it's such a fantastic addition to the XY Pokemon team.

Well, there goes the "Froakie won't be a comedic relief Pokemon" theories. Even if it's because of Sylveon's Attract/Cute Charm or whatever, it still breaks those predictions. Anyway, I don't care for Sylveon, but Froakie should be entertaining.
I don't see why you would label it as a comedic Pokemon so early on, just because it's having a comedic moment. And even then what's wrong with Pokemon having comedic moments at times? It's under the influence of what looks like Cute Charm so a little dumb love is expected.

Lorde

Please.

So the excuses are starting already. I'm sorry, but people hyped Froakie as being the most serious and competent Water Starter Ash ever had, and yet clearly he's still susceptible to even the most generic attack/condition (infatuation) and that's if he's under the influence of Attract or Cute Charm, which isn't confirmed at the moment. Regardless, my whole point is that he's acting silly, which is something that certain people assured us would never happen.

dman_dustin

I honestly thought Sylveon wouldn't appear until gym 6. This is a nice surprise.

It seems like Cute Charm activated, which is a nice addition. Is this just a random COTD or someone actually important?

I have to agree, I thought Valerie was going to debut Slyveon.

I also thought Flabebe would introduce the fairy type to the audience.

So the excuses are starting already. I'm sorry, but people hyped Froakie as being the most serious and competent Water Starter Ash ever had, and yet clearly he's still susceptible to even the most generic attack/condition (infatuation) and that's if he's under the influence of Attract or Cute Charm, which isn't confirmed at the moment. Regardless, my whole point is that he's acting silly, which is something that certain people assured us would never happen.

You could NOT be more wrong.

Oshawott was primarily comedic, with a slight battling spirit (which didn't matter).

Froakie is primarily a battler with a slight comedic spirit.

No one ever said, Froakie would be Palpitoad, only used for battling.

Jimmy Ray

Banned
Hah hah so Keromatsu is falling in love with Ninfia. Hilarious. Seems the poor frog will be just another funny water type after all. Hope this episode is full of laughs.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I guess they have to confirm genders somehow since no one in the main cast has Attract. Although it's weird how Froakie is battling when Pikachu has Iron Tail and Fletchling, Steel Wing.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I guess they have to confirm genders somehow since no one in the main cast has Attract. Although it's weird how Froakie is battling when Pikachu has Iron Tail and Fletchling, Steel Wing.

Those two just got some gym time and the bamfy little frog is overdue for its first trainer battle.

Lorde

Hah hah so Keromatsu is falling in love with Ninfia. Hilarious. Seems the poor frog will be just another funny water type after all. Hope this episode is full of laughs.

Basically. I'm just cackling @ the irony because people were saying that it would never happen to Froakie and yet it's happening in this episode one way or another. I don't really get the Sylveon hype though. I mean wasn't it promoted enough during the pre-XY period? I swear, it was on every other XY poster. Plus it appeared in a Pikachu short.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
Those two just got some gym time and the bamfy little frog is overdue for its first trainer battle.

Plus it's not like Ash will know what is good against a Fairy. I'm sure a bunch of people had to keep reminding themselves of what was good and bad against Fairy when the games first came out. I'd rather Froakie get a good battle

Basically. I'm just cackling @ the irony because people were saying that it would never happen to Froakie and yet it's happening in this episode one way or another. I don't really get the Sylveon hype though. I mean wasn't it promoted enough during the pre-XY period? I swear, it was on every other XY poster. Plus it appeared in a Pikachu short.

It'll be irony when Froakie starts losing against a bunch of opponents, some of which have a disadvantage and it doesn't win a battle for about 60 episodes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.