• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[FIRST POST] January 16: XY013 - Sylveon VS Froakie! Commotion in Kindergarten!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This episode really sounds all over the place to me. The battle between Froakie and Sylveon, Premiere's possible romantic interest in Ash, TR's blundering selves getting into the mix, and some kid needing help with something. Just a mess. I need to make sure I watch this one to see how the writers make all of this fit together because the plot confuses me.

The writers are trying too hard to make this episode interesting imo. I get the feeling that the end result will be a mess too, but I'll stay positive and hope that everything works out in the end. Who knows, maybe the love subplot really was a mis-translation and we'll get an ordinary episode about a teacher and her desire to help her student overcome their fear of Pokemon.

The writers are trying too hard to make this episode interesting imo. I get the feeling that the end result will be a mess too, but I'll stay positive and hope that everything works out in the end. Who knows, maybe the love subplot really was a mis-translation and we'll get an ordinary episode about a teacher and her desire to help her student overcome their fear of Pokemon.

I agree. At this point, the only thing that seems to make this episode a jumbled mess with the potential of being quite terrible is the whole implication of Premier having a romantic interest in Ash. Take it out, and we have the makings of an average XY episode that can be either terrible or great.

I don't mean to put offense in the mod who first made that translation, but I really think that it was all just a misinterpretation.

diakyu

So froakie is probably whipping out a new move here against TR huh? All this hub-bub and in the end this episode sounds pretty normal.

So froakie is probably whipping out a new move here against TR huh? All this hub-bub and in the end this episode sounds pretty normal.

Wait a minute, where'd it say Froakie will know a new move? I didn't see that anywhere on the translations Sushi provided for us.

Either way, I guess it's a start from Frubble.

diakyu

Wait a minute, where'd it say Froakie will know a new move? I didn't see that anywhere on the translations Sushi provided for us.

Either way, I guess it's a start from Frubble.
It was a guess on my part heh. He only has two known moves and we know from the upcoming previews he knows double team so he might reveal his fourth move here. Summaries usually don't mention moves being revealed unless they've had buildup (chespin revealed he knew vine whip last ep but the summaries made no mention of it)

CMDShift4

Anonymous
As for seeing several post before me, I guess I agree that it may have been a mistranslation. Maybe its more of the teacher asking her a favor to be an example to the children of how pokemon battles are made and how pokemon trainer should be. A filler episode just to showcase Ninfia/Sylveon.

Its alright for me that TR will have to deal with the current group at this episode, still I do hope they won't deal with them every episode straight for the next year.

As for seeing several post before me, I guess I agree that it may have been a mistranslation. Maybe its more of the teacher asking her a favor to be an example to the children of how pokemon battles are made and how pokemon trainer should be. A filler episode just to showcase Ninfia/Sylveon.

Yeah, I am now 90% sure this was just a mistranslation. It seems pretty easy to misinterpret the meaning of "come with me", so I don't blame the mod who made that (possible) mistake.

Its alright for me that TR will have to deal with the current group at this episode, still I do hope they won't deal with them every episode straight for the next year.

Considering that three XY episodes have lacked the traditional TR appearance, I consider that a good start. :) We don't seriously need TR in EVERY episode. If anything, they need to appear only when they're needed.

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD

I hope it's not just an ordinary episode about the trio helping COTD #2586739...far too many of those for my liking.

At least having a love subplot, especially if Serena becomes jealous or reacts in some way, could make for some interesting interactions and lead to character development (as well push the SatoSere train).

Even if this is just another filler episode, I at least want it to be meaningful in some way or another.

CMDShift4

Anonymous
Yeah, I am now 90% sure this was just a mistranslation. It seems pretty easy to misinterpret the meaning of "come with me", so I don't blame the mod who made that (possible) mistake.

To the mod who made that translation, I also don't blame you. Just to be precise.

Considering that three XY episodes have lacked the traditional TR appearance, I consider that a good start. :) We don't seriously need TR in EVERY episode. If anything, they need to appear only when they're needed.

The anime staff finally saw the light somehow. For a group that is more of comedians than villains, they fit better in filler episodes.

Janovy

Banned
So basically, there is no shipping in this episode? HELL YEAH!

At least people who were crying about it can finally rest.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<

whatever, most people don't care about shipping, as long for me if the show can go smoothly then I'm fine with it EVEN WITHOUT those shipping rumours.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Guys, you forgot that scan. (I know, small size but probably you will find a larger one)
http://31.media.tumblr.com/3a19ee34f60ec9c4b7e7b16878e0c1e5/tumblr_mwinnhEVm81rsrk2xo1_400.jpg
Can anyone translate it?

I wonder why Satoshi and Eureka are so fired up meanwhile Serena and Citron are shocked about something in that pic... probably because Satoshi and Eureka, both, will get their lovers in this episode? lol

Sylveon trainer is probably an annoying person, so Eurake and Satoshi being the ones that are easier to clash with people are the ons more fired up about it.

The other are making a surprised face because its most likelly that Froakie is losing and then turns it around.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
This will be the first time that Ash will encounter the new type of pokemon. The Fairy type pokemon. I don't mind if Premier would have a crush on him. Or become his first Kalos rival. But I don't think that would happen. If what you guys saying Premier have a romantic interest in Ash is true,then Serena and the other girls including Misty,May,Dawn,and Bianca(Unova) ( if you were a pokeshipper,advanceshipper,pearlshipper and/or imaginationshipper) will have a new love rival for his affection. Hopefully that Ash doesn't get manipulated by her. Or Premier isn't a manipulator.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

Yeah but now the episode is less exciting.

It's just another "I couldn't risk you saying no if I asked, so I forced this on you so that you have no choice but to do what I want under these circumstances" scenario that's plagued many other series and movies and not just Pokemon.

At least a date would've made the episode more unique, and probably fun to rewatch given the hypothetical reactions that would've occurred.

kj93

Sylveon trainer is probably an annoying person, so Eurake and Satoshi being the ones that are easier to clash with people are the ons more fired up about it.

The other are making a surprised face because its most likelly that Froakie is losing and then turns it around.

Serena is not making a surprised face, she seems shocked about something, which doesn't involve battles (see her legs). And they are very close to him therefore their reactions don't belong to the same scene but at some point. Satoshi and Eureka have battle's reactions, Serena and Citron, I don''t know.

A better pic
http://www.serebiiforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11419&d=1387569719

Guys, you forgot that scan. (I know, small size but probably you will find a larger one)
http://31.media.tumblr.com/3a19ee34f60ec9c4b7e7b16878e0c1e5/tumblr_mwinnhEVm81rsrk2xo1_400.jpg
Can anyone translate it?

I wonder why Satoshi and Eureka are so fired up meanwhile Serena and Citron are shocked about something in that pic... probably because Satoshi and Eureka, both, will get their lovers in this episode? lol

I think the blurbs are all just denoting the characters' names and what moves Froakie and Sylveon are using/are capable of using. It doesn't look like the blurbs are revealing anything important to the episode's plot, considering the only photo of the scan is of Froakie and Sylveon battling with the group in the background. Otherwise, there'd be other photos with other blurbs like the last three scans.

Soniman

Break the Limit
This episode really sounds all over the place to me. The battle between Froakie and Sylveon, Premiere's possible romantic interest in Ash, TR's blundering selves getting into the mix, and some kid needing help with something. Just a mess. I need to make sure I watch this one to see how the writers make all of this fit together because the plot confuses me.

That's kinda what a plot usually appears to be when you only have bits and pieces to go on with blurbs that people are having trouble deciphering.

Viveshade

What's Next?
That's kinda what a plot usually appears to be when you only have bits and pieces to go on with blurbs that people are having trouble deciphering.

Yeah, bits and pieces that imply a bunch of different things going on in one episode. It seems a bit much, in my opinion. But as I said, I'm going to make sure to watch the episode because I'm curious to see how everything goes down.

That, and the fact that we will get to see a battle with the new type. I don't think it'll be that exciting or different, but I wonder how they'll explain it as well. If they do bother to take some time to explain it, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.