• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[FIRST POST] January 16: XY013 - Sylveon VS Froakie! Commotion in Kindergarten!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephora

yes I'm back
That, and the fact that we will get to see a battle with the new type. I don't think it'll be that exciting or different, but I wonder how they'll explain it as well. If they do bother to take some time to explain it, that is.

They most likely will explain it given how Fairy-type is mentioned so much in the info about the episode. Plus the type is new to Satoshi so there will definitely be an explanation about Fairy-type weaknesses and strengths. The question is whether or not they will go into detail about it being theb"newly discovered type" or if they will pretend like the type has always been there.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I hope it's not just an ordinary episode about the trio helping COTD #2586739...far too many of those for my liking.

Episodes like that are the essence of the show though. And I'd personally rather have a cliche episode like that than a forced love triangle episode. I'm still not sure if I like this episode even without the love triangle thing since it seems cluttered with a lot of stuff that might make it too messy to be enjoyable, but I'll try to stay positive.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Episodes like that are the essence of the show though. And I'd personally rather have a cliche episode like that than a forced love triangle episode. I'm still not sure if I like this episode even without the love triangle thing since it seems cluttered with a lot of stuff that might make it too messy to be enjoyable, but I'll try to stay positive.

I no longer have any clue of what this episode is about.. Never been too excited about Sylveon (more of an Carbink-guy myself), but if there's no love-triangle, then hey.. shoot me! :p

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Guys, you forgot that scan. (I know, small size but probably you will find a larger one)
http://31.media.tumblr.com/3a19ee34f60ec9c4b7e7b16878e0c1e5/tumblr_mwinnhEVm81rsrk2xo1_400.jpg
Can anyone translate it?

I wonder why Satoshi and Eureka are so fired up meanwhile Serena and Citron are shocked about something in that pic... probably because Satoshi and Eureka, both, will get their lovers in this episode? lol

i might be thinking since froakie seems to disobey satoshi, he might just charge sylveon. and from looking of the pics ,satoshi's reaction looks the same based on xy03 where he battled yayakoma.

i might be thinking since froakie seems to disobey satoshi, he might just charge sylveon. and from looking of the pics ,satoshi's reaction looks the same based on xy03 where he battled yayakoma.

Right now, I am not sure Froakie is actually gonna disobey Ash in this episode. Last time we saw them, it looked like they were getting along just fine, personally.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Right now, I am not sure Froakie is actually gonna disobey Ash in this episode. Last time we saw them, it looked like they were getting along just fine, personally.

or maybe froakie is trying to counter-attack sylveon's attack(looking from the pic), argh the wait is killing me i don't know if i can hold on much longer.

Last edited:

Lorde

I no longer have any clue of what this episode is about.. Never been too excited about Sylveon (more of an Carbink-guy myself), but if there's no love-triangle, then hey.. shoot me! :p

I've never been a big fan of Sylveon either. I think the species has been overexposed all year, but I can overlook that if the rest of the plot is refreshing. It seems like Froakie gets a lot of focus here even if he ends up losing to Sylveon, which I suppose is a good thing at least. Plus Lundi being afraid of Pokemon sounds mildly interesting too. That's about all I can say about this episode at the moment.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The thing that bothers me about this episode, more Ash shilling, I expected an episode of Froakie focus and some small Fairy-type focus but nope. Froakie is gonna get bopped by Sylveon, just to make Serena jelly most likely.

Don' be jelly hatin' lol . But seriously, while I agree with you, I also feel that this would be a good plot for the episode rather than making it simply either a Fairy-type commercial or another episode where fans would complain about Froakie being OP like how they did in the Lumiose Gym episode

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
just like everyone's thoughts hopefully when they introduce sylveon they'll give us a background to how fairy types exists and not just a short introduction of a new pokemon , knowing that fairy types are new.

Lorde

Don' be jelly hatin' lol . But seriously, while I agree with you, I also feel that this would be a good plot for the episode rather than making it simply either a Fairy-type commercial or another episode where fans would complain about Froakie being OP like how they did in the Lumiose Gym episode

I still think this episode will serve as more Fairy-type promotion though. I mean that would explain why the most popular Fairy-type is being showcased so much; Sylveon is on like every single scan for this episode after all. And Froakie's frubble did seem a bit too powerful, so I'm okay with him losing here if it takes him down a peg and humbles him.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Froakie makes good comic relief. May he carry Oshawott's legacy proudly.

Don't know what show you're watching. Froakie is a serious Pokemon and is comic relief in this situation because of Sylveon's battle style.

dman_dustin

I still think this episode will serve as more Fairy-type promotion though. I mean that would explain why the most popular Fairy-type is being showcased so much; Sylveon is on like every single scan for this episode after all. And Froakie's frubble did seem a bit too powerful, so I'm okay with him losing here if it takes him down a peg and humbles him.

If this really was about fairy type promotion why use Slyveon which happens to be Valerie's only 6th gen fairy type?

I think Flabebe or even Florges would've been better.

Or Spritzee or even Swirlix.

This just seems more like Slyveon promotion more than anything.

Remmie

If this really was about fairy type promotion why use Slyveon which happens to be Valerie's only 6th gen fairy type?

I think Flabebe or even Florges would've been better.

Or Spritzee or even Swirlix.

I kind of agree with you. But I would still see Valerie with the Sylveon that she has in the games. But I believe that if it wouldn't show Sylveon, another fairy type like Flabebe or Spritzee would look kind of odd for Froakie to fall for, you know what I mean?

Lorde

I think it's both. Sylveon is a popular Pokemon so I figure that there's demand from the fandom to see it in the anime sooner rather than later, plus it was the first Fairy-type that was revealed (not counting the retconned ones). I personally dislike all the attention that Sylveon is getting since it makes all the other events in this episode seem redundant. I mean I've barely seen people speculate about Lundi, who seems to be an important character in this episode and is also the reason why Premiere battles Ash apparently.

Remmie

I think it's both. Sylveon is a popular Pokemon so I figure that there's demand from the fandom to see it in the anime sooner rather than later, plus it was the first Fairy-type that was revealed (not counting the retconned ones). I personally dislike all the attention that Sylveon is getting since it makes all the other events in this episode seem redundant. I mean I've barely seen people speculate about Lundi, who seems to be an important character in this episode and the reason why Premiere battles Ash.

By the way, who's Lundi? Sorry if I'm being ignorant here.

Lorde

By the way, who's Lundi? Sorry if I'm being ignorant here.

A little boy/girl who is afraid of Pokemon or something like that. It was mentioned in one of the translated summaries. Apparently Premiere asks Ash to battle and if he loses he has to help her make Lundi realize that Pokemon aren't supposed to be feared.

Remmie

A little boy/girl who is afraid of Pokemon or something like that. It was mentioned in one of the translated summaries. Apparently Premiere asks Ash to battle and if he loses he has to help her make Lundi realize that Pokemon aren't supposed to be feared.

Oh so we get a younger version of Tori here? Good Lord.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I think it's both. Sylveon is a popular Pokemon so I figure that there's demand from the fandom to see it in the anime sooner rather than later
Has nothing to do with the fandom, the fandom doesn't matter to the writers, they likely don't even know the fandom exists. Sylveon is appearing because it's appearing, just like how Furfrou, Pancham and the others appeared. For the record, these episodes were made 6-8 months prior to their airdates at a point where no one was aware of Sylveon's existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.