• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[FIRST POST] January 16: XY013 - Sylveon VS Froakie! Commotion in Kindergarten!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, what is it that makes Premiere a good candidate for becoming a recurring character though? I mean aside from the fact that she's a good battler who will beat Ash (not that this hasn't already happened once before in XY), I don't think she's good rival/recurring character material. And aside from the fact that she has a career already and can't just ditch a bunch of little kids, I don't see what would be so great about a rival who owns Sylveon; isn't the species more than overexposed at this point? Just my two cents.
I honestly don't like this girl based on what I saw in the preview, if she's the one with pink hair who looks like she's going to kick Ash's Froakie's butt with her Sylveon. I don't either...also agreed.

Then again, I have to see the episode before I can see how she is, but I don't see her as anything memorable so far.

Yeah she did. And so did Aya; Koga's anime sister.

Exactly right.

Last edited:
Don't forget that Breeder, Suzie!

That was a pretty good episode, too: Brock gave Vulpix back to her, IIRC, but did he look sad and upset doing so.

Wow, I remember how much I used to love Brock back in the day...good times.

Anyway, TR look like they may not be idiots this episode, if that was their device that trapped Pikachu in the preview I saw. Here's me hoping they aren't!

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I gotta admit, Premiere has a nice design, I like how she even has Sylveon-inspired flesh hair. Speaking of cute females, I imagine Brock would go nuts from seeing Premiere. I actually want to see Bonnie try to "keep" Premiere for Clemont, I could totally see Serena goading Bonnie into trying to setup Premiere and Clemont.

Supersonicbro

And aside from the fact that she has a career already and can't just ditch a bunch of little kids, I don't see what would be so great about a rival who owns Sylveon; isn't the species more than overexposed at this point? Just my two cents.

in part of the preview, when the kids are petting pikachu, it seems there is another woman there with the kids (can't really see the face so it might be tr or something). But maybe there are other teachers/supervisors at the school and premiere does get allowed to leave since the school isn't all hers.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
in part of the preview, when the kids are petting pikachu, it seems there is another woman there with the kids (can't really see the face so it might be tr or something). But maybe there are other teachers/supervisors at the school and premiere does get allowed to leave since the school isn't all hers.

Regardless of if the school has other staff members or not, I still don't think the chances of Premiere showing up again are that high. I know that the writers would probably love to showcase Sylveon some more, but they can just give it a spin-off have Valerie showcase it when Ash reaches Laverre City imo.

And eek @ the fan service when Ash fell to the ground. I didn't even notice it until I re-watched the preview just now.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I still cringe just thinking about how Froakie loses. Like, being sent flying and crashing into a tree like that just makes me feel so bad for him. I'm fine with him losing in general, but Sylveon was not messing around at all. Premiere seems like an extremely talented trainer, which I really hope isn't a sign that she'll become a recurring character because I can only take Sylveon in small doses.

Actually he doesn't lose then, he loses after he is attracted then drain kissed. The tree is just him getting hit with Fairy Wind(I'm guessing).

Slyveon is really being treated as a fairy though lol:

Attract
Drain Kiss
Fairy Wind
Moonblast

I guess the people who were worried about it not being mentioned have nothing to fear.

Shiny pokemon lower

It's ovbivious that this episode is an intotroduction to the fairy type. With Sylveon and all. It was a good surprise to se Sylveon so early too. Mabye Ash and co finally learn that Bonnie's/Clemont's Dendenee is part fairy type? I hope so.

I think the odds of Sylveon's trainer to Return is very low, since her job most probably is of the stationary kind. So I therefore Guess she just is a COTD for this episode. :(
About Virgil, mabye he Returns with a Sylveon for a later episode? I don't think so, but we can hope right? :)

For Froakie's case I hope there are two Battles, one he loses and a rematch he wins. That could be a good start for Froakie's battling carrier.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Regardless of if the school has other staff members or not, I still don't think the chances of Premiere showing up again are that high. I know that the writers would probably love to showcase Sylveon some more, but they can just give it a spin-off have Valerie showcase it when Ash reaches Laverre City imo.

I hope she doesn't. She's an adult and it's kind of creepy having someone that old bugging some ten year old boy. I rather she just be a one time guest so that we can move on. I'm just interested in the battle anyway.

I hope she doesn't. She's an adult and it's kind of creepy having someone that old bugging some ten year old boy. I rather she just be a one time guest so that we can move on. I'm just interested in the battle anyway.

Exactly: it's like if we had Brock hit on younger girls, which would be O_O.

The Sea Cucumber

...or am I?
What would love to see is of one of the kindergarteners telling Ash about the Fairy type.

where is everyone seeing the new move animations? :eek: i havent seen any

In the YouTube previews and of course, the actual episodes.

nuzamaki90

She doesn't even look like an adult from the previews, especially the newest one, she looks like a regular girl about the same age as Ash and the others. If Jessica, a girl who also looked around the same age as Ash and the others, can get a full time job as a Groomer, then obviously Premier can become a Kindgergarten Teacher. Do remember that there are STUDENT Teachers too.

She doesn't even look like an adult from the previews, especially the newest one, she looks like a regular girl about the same age as Ash and the others. If Jessica, a girl who also looked around the same age as Ash and the others, can get a full time job as a Groomer, then obviously Premier can become a Kindgergarten Teacher. Do remember that there are STUDENT Teachers too.

I guess, but we have no idea how Premier herself is, so it's tough to say whether any of us would like her as a traveling companion in general just based off looks (on that alone, I recall her belly was showing a bit). I think the person's nature is a much better trait to keep in mind than their appearance, though.

Last edited:

LizardonX

Banned
It doesn't matter how old premiere is because we know that they are at least 10, which is the age of consent in the pokeverse. There is nothing wrong if she and ash gets together.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
If Jessica, a girl who also looked around the same age as Ash and the others, can get a full time job as a Groomer, then obviously Premier can become a Kindgergarten Teacher. Do remember that there are STUDENT Teachers too.

Jessica was an apprentice groomer, for the record, not a full-fledged professional. She was studying under Barry.

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!
i wonder who will be the hero of the show since pikachu and sylveon both get trapped.

I wanna guess froakie or chespin, but then again dedenne is conveniently out of its pokeball, so it's possible dedenne is the savior

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Guys since we see Froakie going all Double Team Ninja in the previews on a mecha(I assume from this episode), I'm guessing Froakie stops them.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Actually he doesn't lose then, he loses after he is attracted then drain kissed. The tree is just him getting hit with Fairy Wind(I'm guessing).

Regardless, I still think he's losing pretty badly. I expected that Sylveon would be strong once it was confirmed that Froakie would lose, but I thought his speed and agility would be enough to keep him from suffering too much damage, and yet the traits that he was hyped for having seem pretty redundant when facing against Sylveon. Oh well. I hope Froakie does beat Team Rocket and gets a bit of redemption. It's the best case scenario imo since I doubt Fennekin or some other Pokemon will get involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.