• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[FIRST POST] January 16: XY013 - Sylveon VS Froakie! Commotion in Kindergarten!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
This will probably be the introduction of the Fairy type, guys!
Anyway, the episode seems cool. I wonder if Froakie will win here. Sylveon seems to be pretty handy. And that Sylveon trainer is very cute!

if it is the "proper" debut of fairy's I wonder if the sylveon trainer will tell Bonnie that Dedenne is part fairy since that hasn't been mentioned so far.

Also, I agree people are taking the thing with froakie abit too far, serious or not, anytime a pokemon gets infatuated by moves like Sweet Kiss or Attract we know how it leads to silly moments for the pokemon, it does not change it's overall attitude in the end.

Sephora

yes I'm back
Are people seriously complaining about Froakie in this episode? The way he is acting is an effect of the move attract, it has nothing to do with his personality.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Are people seriously complaining about Froakie in this episode? The way he is acting is an effect of the move attract, it has nothing to do with his personality.

exactly, only genderless pokemon would be immune to such moves, anyone else it's gonna lead to crazy antics no matter how serious you think someone is.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Attract, Draining Kiss and Moon Blast being Nifia's moves is nice, hopefully the last one isn't a Fairy-type move. It's nice they wanna show off the type but Draining Kiss and MoonBlast are more than enough and I'd like it if Nifia's final moves was something like Last Resort. Kerometsu is just looking great in the scans, I really like how Water Pulse is absorbing the pink essence from Nifia's attack. Could this be a way of counteracting it? Move wise, he also has Water Pulse and Bubble to work with so something new like Substitute(It fits the ninja/rogue motif) would be a nice addition, of course I'm not adverse to it being revealed to know Lick in this episode.

PrinceGray

Anti-Hero of Serebii
Arguing with 4th Kira/Ciccone/Charmed is pointless. I thought you guys would have learned by now that she's going to dodge everybody's rebuttal and then try to ruin the thread. We have a word for people like her (hint: rhymes with bowl) but the mods want to keep everything politically correct. So I won't say it.

Anywho, this episode looks like a good one. Sylveon is one of my favorite Gen 6 pokemon and is my strongest in-game.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

This will probably be the introduction of the Fairy type, guys!
Anyway, the episode seems cool. I wonder if Froakie will win here. Sylveon seems to be pretty handy. And that Sylveon trainer is very cute!

It kind of has to, because Slyveon is only a fairy type, it isn't like they can pass it off as typeless.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I really like how Water Pulse is absorbing the pink essence from Nifia's attack. Could this be a way of counteracting it?

Is that what that is.

To me it felt like it was the animation for Moon Blast and Froakie is defending against it (considering the fact that the insert image in the right side shows Sylveon using a pink energy ball based attack and the caption on top of it says that its Moon Force i.e., Moon Blast).

Anyone wondering if this girl will become one of Ash's rivals?

Wouldn't mind it considering that she looks good, though the chance is low because of the episode title.

Last edited:

Luthor

Yeah, it seems to be some sort of introduction of the Fairy-type. Sylveon is like the most recognizable Fairy-type right now, so it makes sense. Maybe they just battle it out to see what the type is like.

They needed to introduce it somehow. This seems an interesting way to do that and get froakie a decent battle.

dman_dustin

Is that what that is.

To me it felt like it was the animation for Moon Blast and Froakie is defending against it (considering the fact that the insert image in the right side shows Sylveon using a pink energy ball based attack and the caption on top of it says that its Moon Force i.e., Moon Blast).

Yeah I have to agree, it does look like Froakie is just defending against the attack not absorbing it.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I can't believe people are so paranoid about Froakie.Can't the thing have a funny moment without ruining your wet,ninja dream?

I'm not worried. Not yet anyways.

Maybe. It'd be nice if she ended up being his main rival.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
I'm quite surprised to see a Sylveon so soon. I would have expected to see it later under the ownership of Valerie, since it is Valerie's main Pokémon. Oh, well... I don't really mind. I like Sylveon and this episode seems quite interesting.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Froakie battling is going to be cool, however I could've happily waited until the Fairy gym to see Sylveon, since I just can't stand the things design..

Ah well, go Froakie! Break free of that Cute Charm infatuation and destroy the fox!

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I don't really understand what this girl is, according to google, a premier could be a principle.

So maybe she asks Ash for a battle to teach her kids about battle??

An00bis

Wicked Witch

As much as I want it to happen I don't see it happening here.

I don't think it's a Trainer Class in the Kalos Games, but she might be inspired by the Nursey Aide Trainer Class which can specialize in Eeveelutions.

She looks similar to the Aide that appeared in Best Wishes to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.