• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[FIRST POST] January 16: XY013 - Sylveon VS Froakie! Commotion in Kindergarten!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDragonfangirl

They are really teasing us a lot with this aren't they? It'd be great if this episode we saw from Serena's point of view, I'd understand than.

Sephora

yes I'm back
The thing that bothers me about the preview is that Serena is narrating it and making it look like the whole episode is about her misunderstanding to Premier's proposal. I mean her jealousy tidbit will only take up a minute of the episode, I think, so I find it strange that the preview makes it look like Serena will play an integral part to the episode. It IS all about Froakie vs Sylveon and Lundi afterall...

Writers oh how you confuse me!

LizardonX

Banned
The thing that bothers me about the preview is that Serena is narrating it and making it look like the whole episode is about her misunderstanding to Premier's proposal. I mean her jealousy tidbit will only take up a minute of the episode, I think, so I find it strange that the preview makes it look like Serena will play an integral part to the episode. It IS all about Froakie vs Sylveon and Lundi afterall...

Writers oh how you confuse me!

Would be awesome if froakie and team rocket only got a minute while the main plot dealt with serena's insecurity.

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!
Would be awesome if froakie and team rocket only got a minute while the main plot dealt with serena's insecurity.

Motto will already be 1 minute
Since its early TR is still slightly tough, so I'd expect 2-3 minimum minutes

Aegiscalibur

Add Witty Title Here
I can completely understand why people are more interested in the shipping aspect than the "main plot." Let's face it, a kid getting over fear of pokemon is not the most original plotline.

And quite frankly, I think they wrote the kindergarten part just as an excuse to set up the Serena jealousy subplot. Anything to grab as many viewers as possible.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I can completely understand why people are more interested in the shipping aspect than the "main plot." Let's face it, a kid getting over fear of pokemon is not the most original plotline.

And quite frankly, I think they wrote the kindergarten part just as an excuse to set up the Serena jealousy subplot. Anything to grab as many viewers as possible.
Yet at the same time....it sacrifices any remaining dignity that Serena could of had. If her only goal is pairing fodder, what the heck is she on the cast for? They could of easily just made her a recurring character

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I don't think the jealousy subplot is all-that original either though. However it does feel like Lundi's fear of Pokemon started out as the main point here and then the writers just added more ideas including Serena's jealousy, and Lundi's subplot was pushed aside hastily. I also expect Lundi's fear of Pokemon to end in the most contrived manner possible.

LizardonX

Banned
I don't think the jealousy subplot is all-that original either though. However it does feel like Lundi's fear of Pokemon started out as the main point here and then the writers just added more ideas including Serena's jealousy, and Lundi's subplot was pushed aside hastily. I also expect Lundi's fear of Pokemon to end in the most contrived manner possible.

So the power of pika cuteness? Sounds legit.

And the answer to what serena should do is obvious:p show that hussy her man's taken

Aegiscalibur

Add Witty Title Here
I, too, am normally not into the romance genre, but I'm making an exception to support this pairing. It's not like there is much other plot in the show that it can disrupt (badge quest?), and Ash's character has become so stale over the years that getting a love interest wouldn't hurt. It's a breath of fresh air.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Yet at the same time....it sacrifices any remaining dignity that Serena could of had. If her only goal is pairing fodder, what the heck is she on the cast for? They could of easily just made her a recurring character

You answered your own question.

diakyu

I think it's more than that. This episode shows one of the most important aspects of Serena's character and it's ground this show has barely ever tread.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I, too, am normally not into the romance genre, but I'm making an exception to support this pairing. It's not like there is much other plot in the show that it can disrupt (badge quest?), and Ash's character has become so stale over the years that getting a love interest wouldn't hurt. It's a breath of fresh air.

I don't see how Ash's character will improve because of the shippy stuff given that he's been practically indifferent towards Serena so far whereas she's the one who fawns over him. If he was jealous in this episode instead, then maybe I would see the point, but at the moment we're just getting more reactions from Serena and while it's cute, it's not exactly integral to Ash's development in my opinion. At least he's battling here though. Hopefully he takes Froakie's defeat as a sign that he needs to work harder to train his Pokemon.

Aegiscalibur

Add Witty Title Here
I don't see how Ash's character will improve because of the shippy stuff given that he's been practically indifferent towards Serena so far whereas she's the one who fawns over him. If he was jealous in this episode instead, then maybe I would see the point, but at the moment we're just getting more reactions from Serena and while it's cute, it's not exactly integral to Ash's development in my opinion. At least he's battling here though. Hopefully he takes Froakie's defeat as a sign that he needs to work harder to train his Pokemon.
Well, I never said the writers can't screw it up. In fact, they probably will, so my expectations for their relationship aren't exactly high.

dman_dustin

what the heck is she on the cast for? They could of easily just made her a recurring character

You could ask the same question about Brock, Misty, Tracey, Max, Iris, Cilan, and Clemont, and Bonnie, hell you could even ask that question about May or Dawn.

The only appropriate answer is group dynamic, that's the ONLY reason why Ash isn't a character trekking it through the regions solo.

Ash.mx

Well, don't know if people here have discussed this already, but there's the possibility that Serena might indeed play a bigger role than what we think in this episode , so it might justify the fact that she is the one narrating the preview for a reason other than the shipping stuff . Something she hasn't done since XY 07 right? , an ep that many people dismissed enterily as SatoSere focused, when in fact it was all about Serena's character.

I just remembered that, judging by the flashback in XY 07, it seems Serena herself didn't think high and even was afraid of Pokemon when young, ( stating she didn't even want to go to the camp in the first place and being scared so much by the Poliwag) , so she sees her former self reflected in this kid, so maybe she is the one who tries to help him . Maybe we could see how Serena started to think of Pokemon in a different light perhaps?. I think something like that would help to appease a bit the fuss going on about Serena's character lately lol.

A long shot I know, since the preview doesn't show that much, and not that it matters anymore since we'll see tomorrow but anyway... thoughts?

CMDShift4

Anonymous
I just remembered that, judging by the flashback in XY 07, it seems Serena herself didn't think high and even was afraid of Pokemon when young, ( stating she didn't even want to go to the camp in the first place and being scared so much by the Poliwag) , so she sees her former self reflected in this kid, so maybe she is the one who tries to help him . Maybe we could see how Serena started to think of Pokemon in a different light perhaps?. I think something like that would help to appease a bit the fuss going on about Serena's character lately lol.

That's a very nice assumption there. A self reflection simply can get more in touch with her character.

Everlasting

Everything stays.

While I don't think Serena is or was afraid of Pokémon (when you are totally lost in a forest and you see a bush moving, I think everybody would be scared to see what's behind the bush, don't you think ? I mean, she was young and alone, what could she do ?), I would love to see her being the one who helps Lundi to get over his fears. That'd be great development for her, especially since, at this point, Serena isn't getting a thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.