• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

First Prize Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazing Charmander

What was your first ever prize Pokemon for clearing the Gym Leader Castle? If I remember correctly, you were randomly given one Pokemon out of the selection of starters and fossil Pokemon which was handy at the time for completing your Pokedex.

My first one was a Charmander that is now a Level 100 Charizard on my Blue version. The story goes that I had Stadium for my 9th birthday in May 2000 as my first ever Pokemon game. As such, I had no way at the time of legitimately obtaining a Pokemon. It took me ages to complete the Gym Leader Castle, but at the end of it all I was surprised and overjoyed to receive a baby Charmander. However, as I had no games to transfer it over to, it was forgotten about and I had to wait til I got Red and Blue for the following Christmas. Starting with Bulbasaur on my preferred game, Blue, I soon transferred Charmander over and, although it disobeyed me a lot (which I came to believe was common in the species due to Ash's Charmeleon/Charizard doing the same), it overshadowed my Bulbasaur and other Pokemon, helping me win my way through the game. It is now one of only two Level 100 Pokemon that i've ever owned - it being the first and Swampert on my first Ruby file being my second.

So, who was your first prize on Stadium, and does it give you any fond memories?

Status
Not open for further replies.