• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

First RMT from me here: OU

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
So you say this team has a good record on PS? Yet...

Salamence
Gengar (Especially SubDisable, which 80% of Gengar are)
Haxorus
Dragonite
ScarfChomp (and to a lesser extent SDChomp)
Espeon
Reuniclus (I want to emphasize on this one, CM Reuniclus 6-0s you and doesn't really care about paralysis with his 30 base Speed)

all completely murder your team. Notice how most of these Pokemon are Dragons.

If Haxorus (or Salamence, Dragonite, maybe even Gyarados) sets up a Dragon Dance on Thunder Wave or Stun Spore, good game. Dragon Dance sweepers are liable to carry Lum Berries for Outrage, and the only Pokemon who can really handle Outrages is Magnezone, and I believe he's got a chance of going down in 2 hits at +1, not to mention takes like 300% from +1 Earthquake. Another thing that'll give you problems is Banded Terrakion, as you literally have nothing that can safely switch in on it. Without Multiscale, Dragonite is OHKO'd by Stone Edge. I've honestly never used or ran calcs around Exeggutor, but with a base 85 Defence I wouldn't think he'd take STAB Stone Edges very well, and even Defensive Tentacruel is 2HKO'd. Swampert might be able to end his rampage, but, let's be real, using something like Swampert as your sole counter to one of the most common Pokemon in the metagame isn't exactly reliable.

Also, you're flaming experienced people who are trying to help you with your team. Not nice.

Well you arent exactly giving helpful suggestions either. youre just saying the team sucks (well it kinda does).
Anyway,I noticed SDef Skarmory topples every one of the threats you mentioned except Terra and maybe Espeon plus he beats Loom and Torn-T.
So I'd definetley go for one of those JustCallMeKing.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Well you arent exactly giving helpful suggestions either. youre just saying the team sucks (well it kinda does).
Anyway,I noticed SDef Skarmory topples every one of the threats you mentioned except Terra and maybe Espeon plus he beats Loom and Torn-T.
So I'd definetley go for one of those JustCallMeKing.

Constructive criticism.

Anyways, as long as it carries Whirlwind, Specially Defensive Skarmory would be fine, but Calm Mind Espeon still beats it.

And who told you Skarm beats Torn-T? Heat Wave (and the much more uncommon Thunder) are both OHKOs if Sturdy is broken, while Brave Bird only 2HKOs.

Last edited:

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
Constructive criticism.

Anyways, as long as it carries Whirlwind, Specially Defensive Skarmory would be fine, but Calm Mind Espeon still beats it.

And who told you Skarm beats Torn-T? Heat Wave (and the much more uncommon Thunder) are both OHKOs if Sturdy is broken, while Brave Bird only 2HKOs.

CMEspy is really uncommon,people usually run screens on Espy.
Heat Wave is also not carried much by Torn-T since its commonly used in rain,and whoa wait a sec Tornadus doesnt even get Thunder.
Point is,SDef Skarmory beats Tornadus-Therian to hell and back in Rain(which is almost always the case)

JustCallMeKing

The team sucks even though it wins most of its games on PO and Pokemon Showdown..? Try testing the team first before saying it is bad or good. Looks can be deceiving.

At that, I've even seen somebody play these threats on a test and they have no problem.. so... try testing the team first.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Still in denial... Some people you just can't reason with.
If we do test it and it doesn't turn out in a way you like, you will then say "Oh you didn't test the team right." No one is going to win in this with you.

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
people stop flaming the guys thread if you think his team sucks then suggest stuff also every team gets beat by something lol no team is perfect

also i did test the team oh and yes i know how to test a team i have a rmt achive team so yeah ... people keep saying dragonite and salmence is a threat when there not same with gengar

JustCallMeKing

Still in denial... Some people you just can't reason with.
If we do test it and it doesn't turn out in a way you like, you will then say "Oh you didn't test the team right." No one is going to win in this with you.

It's funny how the people who say the team sucks hasn't tested it, but the guy who actually took time to test it (and I even watched him do so) even says himself that the threats you guys are listing aren't even threats to this team.. I'm not in denial. I just don't want to make this team worse by people trying to change stuff on things they haven't seen good in because they fail to give a chance.

Also, there really is a different way you have to play this team. I've played many different types of teams, but this is different. If I say you don't use the team right, let me watch you play and maybe you will find out from your mistake.. which would be better because if you are using the team right you actually have a chance to prove me wrong, which nobody has done yet, accept for Rairyan who actually tested the team correctly and succeeded.

Last edited:

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
The team sucks even though it wins most of its games on PO and Pokemon Showdown..? Try testing the team first before saying it is bad or good. Looks can be deceiving.

At that, I've even seen somebody play these threats on a test and they have no problem.. so... try testing the team first.

-sigh- could you actually look at my rate first? It doesnt take a test run to tell what kind of Pokemon run this team over (or any team for that matter) and identify if youre adequately prepared to deal with a top threat. Or tell if youre using an outclassed Pokemon or an outclassed set.
Besides,if you really wanted people to test the team,you would post an exportable.
1700 is only average on Showdown and I'm surprised the team even got that far,so I guess I have to give you props for just being a good battler. But theres only so much you can play around,and a good Tornadus-T or Breloom user for example probably wont be one of those things.
Thats why I took the time to rate the team and suggest changes that you wont even consider.
So why did you post the team? So we can tell you how amazing it already is?
We're trying to help the team be more efficient and you insist that its our fault for not seeing the beauty of your team.
If thats the case please dont fill up this forum and waste everyone's time.

JustCallMeKing

-sigh- could you actually look at my rate first? It doesnt take a test run to tell what kind of Pokemon run this team over (or any team for that matter) and identify if youre adequately prepared to deal with a top threat. Or tell if youre using an outclassed Pokemon or an outclassed set.
Besides,if you really wanted people to test the team,you would post an exportable.
1700 is only average on Showdown and I'm surprised the team even got that far,so I guess I have to give you props for just being a good battler. But theres only so much you can play around,and a good Tornadus-T or Breloom user for example probably wont be one of those things.
Thats why I took the time to rate the team and suggest changes that you wont even consider.
So why did you post the team? So we can tell you how amazing it already is?
We're trying to help the team be more efficient and you insist that its our fault for not seeing the beauty of your team.
If thats the case please dont fill up this forum and waste everyone's time.

If you read the post about Pokemon Showdown, it said I only practiced there, which is why my rank is so low... and why my rank on PO is actually pretty high (10th page on the ladder).
And no, I'm not trying to waste anybodies time.. it's just funny that the people who don't try the team out are sort of trying to change stuff in the end would actually make it worse (for example, adding Defensive Jirachi over Execuggtor, shares 2 weaknesses with Magnezone, would still get beat by Dragonite, and doesn't even have good synergy with anybody bar Dragonite).
I'm not trying to show this team off and prove everybody wrong, it just seems like people are just trying to make up threats for this team that aren't even problems, and by doing that, trying to switch Pokemon on this team that doesn't need to be changed in the first place if it isn't replaced with something worth it that would help my team.
Now, I will give you props for saying Terra (mostly just SubSalac in sand) counters this team, but I didn't reply to the rate because you didn't even give a counter to it.. you gave counters to the Pokemon I already countered accept for one that actually does mess me up.

Last edited:

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
If you read the post about Pokemon Showdown, it said I only practiced there, which is why my rank is so low... and why my rank on PO is actually pretty high (10th page on the ladder).
And no, I'm not trying to waste anybodies time.. it's just funny that the people who don't try the team out are sort of trying to change stuff in the end would actually make it worse (for example, adding Defensive Jirachi over Execuggtor, shares 2 weaknesses with Magnezone, would still get beat by Dragonite, and doesn't even have good synergy with anybody bar Dragonite).
I'm not trying to show this team off and prove everybody wrong, it just seems like people are just trying to make up threats for this team that aren't even problems, and by doing that, trying to switch Pokemon on this team that doesn't need to be changed in the first place if it isn't replaced with something worth it that would help my team.
Now, I will give you props for saying Terra (mostly just SubSalac in sand) counters this team, but I didn't reply to the rate because you didn't even give a counter to it.. you gave counters to the Pokemon I already countered accept for one that actually does mess me up.

Landorus-T is a straight up counter to Terrakion. He was in my original rate too.

And also I think SubDDnite is better than the Dragonite you run now. Its not about what kicks the teams *** its about the efficiency of the team and right now your Dnite and Swampert are NOT efficient. And I wont even try to argue with you about Exeggutor because I know you'll never change him (and he'll keep taking up a teamslot). Btw,adding SDef Skarm doesnt mess up your synergy at all,it actually improves it.
You should post this team on Smogon and try telling people to test the team first and see what you get. You'll probably get your thread locked for some of the descriptions too.

EDIT: 10th page on the PO server is pretty awful. Especially with the ruin PO has become. Nothing but **** players. Play on Showdown more.

Last edited:

JustCallMeKing

Landorus-T is a straight up counter to Terrakion. He was in my original rate too.

And also I think SubDDnite is better than the Dragonite you run now. Its not about what kicks the teams *** its about the efficiency of the team and right now your Dnite and Swampert are NOT efficient. And I wont even try to argue with you about Exeggutor because I know you'll never change him (and he'll keep taking up a teamslot). Btw,adding SDef Skarm doesnt mess up your synergy at all,it actually improves it.
You should post this team on Smogon and try telling people to test the team first and see what you get. You'll probably get your thread locked for some of the descriptions too.

Landorus-t seems like a great idea. Thank you for being suggestive. I'm guessing over Execuggtor? Okay.
Did you just say that kicking a team's *** isn't the point..? LoL.. uhm.. you do realize you do try to win at this game, right..?
Also, what's wrong with Swampert? That comment seem to just come out of the blue..? Swampert also sets up Stealth Rock and also makes Gliscor not a problem, where if I switch it for Skarm, it's a huge problem.
Skarmory would seem eh on this team before. I considered it when I first made it, but really, it just really made it worse.
Thanks for bringing Smogon on this..? As if I haven't showed some Smogonites this team (and they actually liked it).

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
Landorus-t seems like a great idea. Thank you for being suggestive. I'm guessing over Execuggtor? Okay.
Did you just say that kicking a team's *** isn't the point..? LoL.. uhm.. you do realize you do try to win at this game, right..?
Also, what's wrong with Swampert? That comment seem to just come out of the blue..? Swampert also sets up Stealth Rock and also makes Gliscor not a problem, where if I switch it for Skarm, it's a huge problem.
Skarmory would seem eh on this team before. I considered it when I first made it, but really, it just really made it worse.
Thanks for bringing Smogon on this..? As if I haven't showed some Smogonites this team (and they actually liked it).

Actually i wanted to put Landorus over Swampert.
And yes I do realize that I'm just saying that improving the team's efficiency comes before identifying threats and just randomly adding checks. Efficiency gets you to #12 on Showdown (you know,on the first page).
Skarmory is up to you,if you decide Tornadus isnt a problem and Magnezone is enough to handle Physical Dragons (pssst,use HP Ice) then go ahead and dont use it.
And I meant actually posting this thread on Smogon. you'll find more and better raters than on Serebii.

JustCallMeKing

Actually i wanted to put Landorus over Swampert.
And yes I do realize that I'm just saying that improving the team's efficiency comes before identifying threats and just randomly adding checks. Efficiency gets you to #12 on Showdown (you know,on the first page).
Skarmory is up to you,if you decide Tornadus isnt a problem and Magnezone is enough to handle Physical Dragons (pssst,use HP Ice) then go ahead and dont use it.
And I meant actually posting this thread on Smogon. you'll find more and better raters than on Serebii.

Getting high on PS isn't really hard though.. it just takes a lot of time... lol People on PS are somewhat easier than people on PO (maybe because of Genesect still being unbanned).
So since I get to keep Execuggtor then, I now have 3 Ice weaknesses only 2 Pokemon cover up.. uhm.
So far, Magnezone wasn't the only one who could take on Phyiscal Dragons.. ironically, Execuggtor has, ironically somehow Blissey has, and of course, Swampert has.. so.. I never actually had a problem with Physical dragons. Also, HP Fire on Magnezone to take out Ferrothorn.. considering the fact even if I follow your rates or just on my own team, without HP Fire, I can't take out Ferrothorn, while Swampert could already take out Gliscor with Ice Beam.

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
Getting high on PS isn't really hard though.. it just takes a lot of time... lol People on PS are somewhat easier than people on PO (maybe because of Genesect still being unbanned).
So since I get to keep Execuggtor then, I now have 3 Ice weaknesses only 2 Pokemon cover up.. uhm.
So far, Magnezone wasn't the only one who could take on Phyiscal Dragons.. ironically, Execuggtor has, ironically somehow Blissey has, and of course, Swampert has.. so.. I never actually had a problem with Physical dragons. Also, HP Fire on Magnezone to take out Ferrothorn.. considering the fact even if I follow your rates or just on my own team, without HP Fire, I can't take out Ferrothorn, while Swampert could already take out Gliscor with Ice Beam.

Winning lots of battles consistently isnt hard? well alright. And even with Genesect unbanned most PO players dont have any idea what theyre doing. Plus,the ranking system doesnt bias by how many battles youve played in total only your ACRE. On Showdown you wont show up in bold on the leaderboard until you play a certain large amount of battles.
ferrothorn is rare nowadays and is setup fodder for SubDD Dragonite without Gyro Ball. Superpower Landorus screws it also. Bronzong helps with your synergy if youre really worried about ice. The most common users of Ice Beam are beaten by Magnezone and Blissey. however,Mamoswine can be a pain so Bulky Starmie> Tenta can help eliminate your Ground weakness and keep your spinner and fight resistance. Keldeo is also eliminated with Psyshock.
I cant come up with much else to help.

JustCallMeKing

Winning lots of battles consistently isnt hard? well alright. And even with Genesect unbanned most PO players dont have any idea what theyre doing. Plus,the ranking system doesnt bias by how many battles youve played in total only your ACRE. On Showdown you wont show up in bold on the leaderboard until you play a certain large amount of battles.
ferrothorn is rare nowadays and is setup fodder for SubDD Dragonite without Gyro Ball. Superpower Landorus screws it also. Bronzong helps with your synergy if youre really worried about ice. The most common users of Ice Beam are beaten by Magnezone and Blissey. however,Mamoswine can be a pain so Bulky Starmie> Tenta can help eliminate your Ground weakness and keep your spinner and fight resistance. Keldeo is also eliminated with Psyshock.
I cant come up with much else to help.

PO has harder people, PS has a harder ranking system basically, imo... Once you get higher up on the ladder on PO, it gets hard, on PS, it's just lol... anyhow, I'm done judging different Pokemon Simulators, seeing the fact they both got famous enough for people to even know their name is good enough.
Back to the team, Brozong seems good, and it also gets HP Ice and with a Sassy nature can scare off a Gliscor at least.. so Brozong over Execuggtor and Landorus-t over Swampert, basically?
Magnezone 0HKO's Mamoswine, so.. yeah. I still will think about Starmie, though... so if I do use Starmie, Surf or Thunderbolt for the last slot (Recover, Rapid Spin, Psyshock, *blank*)?

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
Those changes sound good! and Scald on Starmie

Soul_Fly

if he put jirachi on then he wont be able to kill ferrothorn in rain

Wut? How does Exeggutor kill ferro in the rain? Nothing in his team OHKOes ferrothorn anyways, in the rain or otherwise. Magnezone AT BEST is a 2HKO w/ ~80% approx. 3HKO in the rain.

I've went against good people using each of these sets, and still rarely have a problem with this... as much as it seems that I am making this team seem perfect, which obviously it is not, this team covers a lot of threats. I've went against experienced players, with this team and other teams, and it has gone both ways. Just because a person is experienced doesn't mean they already have the game because they know what they are doing, since I know what I'm doing also.

Well I don't know, either Showdown standards have suddenly fallen hard or those 'experienced' people were bluffing. Each of the threats I mentioned are very valid here from Dragons to Boosting sweepers. 'Knowing' doesn't count for much if you cannot do anything about it. And you must really stop using that high handed tone. We are doing you a favor here.

JustCallMeKing

Wut? How does Exeggutor kill ferro in the rain? Nothing in his team OHKOes ferrothorn anyways, in the rain or otherwise. Magnezone AT BEST is a 2HKO w/ ~80% approx. 3HKO in the rain.

Well I don't know, either Showdown standards have suddenly fallen hard or those 'experienced' people were bluffing. Each of the threats I mentioned are very valid here from Dragons to Boosting sweepers. 'Knowing' doesn't count for much if you cannot do anything about it. And you must really stop using that high handed tone. We are doing you a favor here.

Lol. You make me laugh. If I have Jirachi on this team, it would more so worsen it then actually help it get better, seeing it only has good synergy with Dragonite, and yet with everybody else it would share weaknesses with my team (that I wouldn't be able to cover as well as I already have.
And now you're saying that standards have fallen.. oh, sir. I'm not bad. Trust me. I'm not lying about the team is able to take on all the threats you listed, and if you don't believe me, ask Rairyan. No standards have fallen, the players weren't bluffing (and people don't bluff when they rage quit), and I'm actually good, just like the team is (or was).
And also, yes, the team is good, unless I've fought people on PO that gave me +22 while I would lose 10 about 100 times who just sucked, but that is very unlikely.

Also, Darkerones, thank you for helping with the team.

Soul_Fly

Lol. You make me laugh. If I have Jirachi on this team, it would more so worsen it then actually help it get better, seeing it only has good synergy with Dragonite, and yet with everybody else it would share weaknesses with my team (that I wouldn't be able to cover as well as I already have.
And now you're saying that standards have fallen.. oh, sir. I'm not bad. Trust me. I'm not lying about the team is able to take on all the threats you listed, and if you don't believe me, ask Rairyan. No standards have fallen, the players weren't bluffing (and people don't bluff when they rage quit), and I'm actually good, just like the team is (or was).
And also, yes, the team is good, unless I've fought people on PO that gave me +22 while I would lose 10 about 100 times who just sucked, but that is very unlikely.

How clueless are you? The best teams aren't always the one with top notch defensive synergy. Being 6-0ed by dragons is far worse (and common) than having to face trouble with a ground user (which again shouldn't hurt you much with 1 immunity and a physical tank). If a single pokemon checks all the issues your team cannot handle, then that is deemed to be very good. And it doesn't have to be Jirachi, any Steel will do. (Bronzong, Skarmory for eg.)

Oh, and I'm not asking anyone, I'm telling you what I saw there. The last time I checked it was rate-my-team and not rate-my-playstyle.
Saying that you can 'play around and deal with the given threats' doesn't cut it.
On being inquired how you plan to deal with them, all you've provided me is with how Magnezone can Magically tank outrages (which it cannot) and Swampert can roar away boosts (which it can do at best once with around 10-20% HP left, RNG permitting) and BOTH are only assuming outrages and not the other coverage moves like Earthquake and fire punch. and THAT is terrible.You just avoided being 6-0ed and you won't be able to do it again.
and if it's a Boosted Haxorus we're talking about then it's GG. Sorry you cannot do a single damn thing about it it Clean out OHKOes even magnezone and Swampert.

And the next one is so fantastic that I'll just quote it flat out from you.

Who uses Magic Coat. lol. The only problem that may involve that is maybe Espeon or Xatu, but Dragonite sets up on both of those and Magnezone just laughs at Xatu.
^^what kind of bull**** is this?

Maybe you can ladder, people have laddered with worse teams before, but if you don't want to patch up giant holes in this team then please don't put it up for RMT.

The team, as of now SUCKS. Just admit it. How you 'play around' your threats is irrelevant here, that's not the purpose of landing on RMT forums.

And yeah while on that, It is not a rater's duty to personally test out teams (which i have still done anyways) before rating. Try that kind of thing somewhere like Smogon RMT and you'll be flamed within an hour. it's YOUR job to post LOGS/REPLAY and Screenshots of Ladder Peaks , if you want to demonstrate your team in a match. And btw, you didn't play the team right is a shitty excuse. It's not ****ing randbats. 90% of OU is good teambuilding.

Oh and talking about flaming. You must really stop doing that. My post count might not indicate it, I have been around WAY longer than you have and my only activity is in the RMT subforum, where a single rate post usually suffices. I may not be the greatest, but I know my ****. This is the first time I've taken pains to comment more than twice apart from my own RMTs and it's a shame that it's for an ungrateful turd like you.

And again. If you want to take my advice take it, otherwise politely thank and walk away. We do not make a living out of rating teams. People take their time out to do this stuff, and you should be grateful for that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS: Anything below rank 200 in Pokemon Online is pretty meh, considering rating decays and ladder resets don't take place, and it's the same bunch of people. And considering that just maybe you're telling the truth, it's easy to get ±20 deviation, it doesn't depend on a large extent on the skill of the opposing player. Especially if you're laddering with a new alt. You clearly don't even have any idea of how the ladder system works. So while you're on that I suggest you go through Wikipedia articles on the ACRE and the Glicko2 rating systems.

Last edited:

JustCallMeKing

^^what kind of bull**** is this?

Maybe you can ladder, people have laddered with worse teams before, but if you don't want to patch up giant holes in this team then please don't put it up for RMT.

The team, as of now SUCKS. Just admit it. How you 'play around' your threats is irrelevant here, that's not the purpose of landing on RMT forums.

And yeah while on that, It is not a rater's duty to personally test out teams (which i have still done anyways) before rating. Try that kind of thing somewhere like Smogon RMT and you'll be flamed within an hour. it's YOUR job to post LOGS/REPLAY and Screenshots of Ladder Peaks , if you want to demonstrate your team in a match. And btw, you didn't play the team right is a shitty excuse. It's not ****ing randbats. 90% of OU is good teambuilding.

Oh and talking about flaming. You must really stop doing that. My post count might not indicate it, I have been around WAY longer than you have and my only activity is in the RMT subforum, where a single rate post usually suffices. I may not be the greatest, but I know my ****. This is the first time I've taken pains to comment more than twice apart from my own RMTs and it's a shame that it's for an ungrateful turd like you.

And again. If you want to take my advice take it, otherwise politely thank and walk away. We do not make a living out of rating teams. People take their time out to do this stuff, and you should be grateful for that.

This is funnier reading this after testing the teams and the changes you made to my team and seeing how many times I've lost because of it, seeing I've lost less with the other team already. Dead serious. Turns out the team you guys posted sucked.... the original team worked better (I can do another battle with it and send it to you just to prove my point).
Also, Soul_Fly, get over yourself. Your ranting is helping anybody, you're not looking cool for saying all that, and if anything, look pretty damn stupid. But, that's cool, you're trying to help, so I'll give you props for that.
Also, my team doesn't suck, unless I've won a lot of games and lost very rarely and just lost a lot with the remake and won very rarely with it. Huh. Okay.
Anyways, the team with the new team is well... everything. It has decent synergy, but just the team doesn't work together that well. Without Wish on Blissey, I can't heal Landorus-t, Mag, or Bronzong, but without a cleric I can't heal status. Dragonite is pretty cool, but it would do much better on a different team. Luckily, you made Terrakion not a problem, but now, by basically making a new team, made a whole lot more that are noticeable.
Oh, I ranted about how mad I was about this on PS the other day and showed a few people, and they thought my idea was actually better... so... yeah.

PS: Anything below rank 200 in Pokemon Online is pretty meh, considering rating decays and ladder resets don't take place, and it's the same bunch of people. And considering that just maybe you're telling the truth, it's easy to get ±20 deviation, it doesn't depend on a large extent on the skill of the opposing player. Especially if you're laddering with a new alt. You clearly don't even have any idea of how the ladder system works. So while you're on that I suggest you go through Wikipedia articles on the ACRE and the Glicko2 rating systems.

For a guy who plays on PO probably only 5 times a week at most, being rank 356 on PO is pretty good (also, 9th page on the ladder now). Also, if I'm playing a new alt, I'd probably get a +0 battle (I ****ing hate those..) and a -*somewhat big number*.

Last edited: