• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

First RMT in awhile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psilo

FanaticalPokecultist
Kommo-o-Totem @ Soft Sand
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 127 HP / 252 Atk / 129 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Drain Punch
Tapu Bulu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 149 HP / 227 Atk / 129 Def / 3 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bulk Up
- Horn Leech
- Synthesis
- Rock Slide
Cobalion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 93 HP / 98 Def / 189 SpA / 128 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Calm Mind
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 141 HP / 239 SpA / 128 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Air Slash
- Dragon Pulse
Leafeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- X-Scissor
- Reflect
Excadrill @ BrightPowder
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 227 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Hey, guys new team here. It's a lovely one I just came up with for the current meta. It involves the use of and reflect leafeon for the current powerhouses of the meta like physical Coballion which I combat with my own special "haha, get it? Special?" set of coballion with CM to build on the compound building of the special side where leafeon builds in physical defense. This is a battle technique that a lot of players aren't familiar with that I learned from tutors and came up with as well when I first started playing years ago. Though the relation between the two moves on each pokemon doesn't build physical defenses of each, the use of the two moves on each pokemon does create offensive pressure for working against the current defensive meta. Leafeon takes care of defensive and offensive waters and in sun pressure t-tar after the set of sun with proper predicted switches of t-tar with switches in of char-y. The use of char-y also nullifies rain, and other weather for the sake of minimizing weather effect damage. Char-y also acts as a majorly powerful SpA wall breaker of SpD walls. Making room for sweeps by the rarely used special Coballion set. Poison jab exca is for wearing down grasses and surprising fairies. Get it? Surprising fairies. It's a favorite concept from one of my favorite Shakespearean paintings and books. I also use dragon pulse on char-y for dnite and the lati twins.
I use Hp fire on special coballion to roast ferro, especially for breaking it in on the switch.

I use Kommo-O as an eccentric lead attacker that bluffs stealth rocks even though it doesn't use them. I use the physical DD set or breaking down opposing dragons, which makes room for Leafeon, and Char-Y, and Tapu Bulu. And makes sweeps for Exca and Coballion easier, as well as Char-Y. I use Soft Sand on Kommo for catching Heatran off guard and and ohkoing it with earthquake without a boost, which then allows me to set up and sweep dragons.

Hope you guys enjoy the rmt, because it's the first one I've made in awhile.

Kindly, Psilo

Archstaraptor

Team Builder / RMT
Hey, long time!
Kommo-o-Totem @ Soft Sand
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 127 HP / 252 Atk / 129 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Drain Punch
Tapu Bulu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 149 HP / 227 Atk / 129 Def / 3 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bulk Up
- Horn Leech
- Synthesis
- Rock Slide
Cobalion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 93 HP / 98 Def / 189 SpA / 128 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Calm Mind
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 141 HP / 239 SpA / 128 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Air Slash
- Dragon Pulse
Leafeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- X-Scissor
- Reflect
Excadrill @ BrightPowder
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 227 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Kommo-o has a strong matchup vs. Heatran already, and only fears being burned whilst threatening heavy damage in return. Drain punch hits harder than earthquake in grassy terrain because of the STAB boost (n.b. earthquake damage is halved in grassy terrain) :
252+ Atk Kommo-o Drain Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 71.8 - 86.2%
252+ Atk Kommo-o Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Heatran in Grassy Terrain: 67 - 79%
So would definitely recommend looking at an alternative move and item that helps you versus other matchups, not just Heatran. Lum Berry, in conjuction with dragon dance, for example. Beats heatran, but is effective against other mons.
Kommo-o also learns Close Combat, which has the added merit of hitting other steels that currently bother your team, like Celesteela, for heavier damage(and KOs Heatran more easily than Earthquake under terrain). Your totem kommo-o will take reduced heavy slam damage but will not enjoy air slashes from steela, so the extra power could be really useful.Both fighting moves have their merits!Alternatively you could consider coverage for fairies, such as poison jab. In a nutshell, earthquake is best not run at all when bulu is on your squad, so consider your other options for that slot to help you better sweep as a dragon dancer.

On the topic of grassy terrain,consider drill run on excadrill. Slightly less accurate and weaker, but has a high crit rate and actually hits steels super effectively in grassy terrain, unlike earthquake. I'd argue you don't need both Iron Head and Poison Jab, grass types are very much covered by mega-Y. Rapid Spin over poison jab might be useful for supporting Zard-Y in particular, but is useful for the entire team.

Due to the nature of your team you might want to explore a more supportive bulu set - have bulu set up the reflect and hold light clay/ terrain extender, give Leafeon another coverage move and more turns to take advantage of the terrain itself. A more selfish Bulu set ( in which Bulu alone takes advantage of the terrain) is a waste of the team's potential.

Leafeon cannot touch fire, bug, steel currently so would suggest exploring Berry + Natural Gift or Groundium + Dig over reflect so it isn't as easily forced out by mons with this type. Would consider alternatives to x-scissor also, such as knock off. Again,most grass types are covered by Zard - Y.
Dunno why you're running the EV spreads that you are- would be interested in hearing what you're running them for!

Overall, love the character of this squad. There are just a few places where you can make some adjustments to sets, as you may have over-prepped in places to the extent where you hurt yourself against mons you haven't prepped for!

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Yeah, the EV spreads would need a bit of explanation.

DD Kommo-O with Soft Sand is kind of cool, to lure in Pex for CharY AND Cobal, I guess I can get behind that! Not really understandin the Cobalion set, I realize you wanna go for a more roundabout method of rocks, but Cobalion doesn't quite have the power nor the coverage to afford a rocks+cm set. You should nix HP Fire for Z-Focus Blast just soz you can hit water types and Heatran if you realla wanna go special. Another obvious thing would be to just nix Exca for something like Lando so you can have a general defensive glue to this team for physical menaces like CharX that would destroy u after one DD. I really do think you can replace Leafeon to, but before I contintue helpin, I gotta have u answer this next Q, since i've been assuming this is OU;

Which format is this? You said; "current powerhouses of the meta like Cobalion."? I understand you're tryin to build around Cobalion, yes? It can't be UU, since you're using OU mons. Sorry, if the tier is super obvious or somethin, but I cant quite grasp what tier this is supposed to be with the Cobalion comment. ^^;

Status
Not open for further replies.