• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

First RMT in forever

Connor™

Showstopper
Why hello there. God, its been ages since I even LOOKED at this section, never mind posted an RMT. Oh well, without further ado, heres the line up =]

At a glance
dpmfa376.png
dpmfa068.png
dpmfa485.png
dpmfa477.png
dpmfa130.png
dpffa380.png

metagross.png

Metagross @ Occa Berry
Adamant
232 HP / 252 Attack / 24 Speed
Clear Body
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

This thing is amazing. Not only is it almost 100% garuanteed to get down rocks, common leads such as Nape, Azelf, Aerodactyl and Ambipom are all promptly dealt with. This guy can also come in later game and help me start a sweep, due to his monstrous 405 Atk.

machamp.png

Machamp @ Leftovers
Adamant
252 HP / 176 Atk / 76 Def / 4 Speed
Guts
- Brick Break / Revenge
- Payback
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Your all thinking. Lol, Rest Talk Champ without Dynamicpunch ?!
Yes actually. Although I hate the evs for this and I'd be massively grateful if anyone has Blue Aces EVs for a Rest Talk Champ like this.
Anyways, while hes sleeping off his damage, he gains an attack boost equivalent to a Choice Band. Now while the fact Im asleep kinda negates the positives in this, this actually works.

heatran.png

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Naive
6 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed
Flash Fire
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Exposion

Naive means my Explosion is nice and powerful. Imagine the look on a Blisseys face when I switch this in, only to OHKO with an Explosion to the fat eggs face =]
Pretty much my special attacker and main revenger, something he does extremely well.

dusknoir.png

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Impish
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpDef
Pressure
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Thunderpunch
- Fire Punch

This thing nabs Gyarados for me. Switches in while he DD's up, takes a + 1 Waterfall like a total beast, then either attacks or WoW's accordingly, depending on whether the Gyarados has taken SR damage. With SR damage, Thunderpunch has a good chance to kill Gyara off, providing Dusknoir has not been intimidated. If the Gyara has intimidated Noir / hasnt took SR damage, I simply burn the silly water snake.

gyarados.png

Relaxed
212 HP / 176 Def / 122 SpAtk
Intimidate
- Waterfall
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Roar

Now this is the one to get you laughing =]
In all honesty, you shouldnt. This thing not only nabs Forretress who think they can set up on me, but also things such as Skarmory, Gliscor and to an extent, provided it lacks Thunder Punch and Explosion, Metagross.
The EVs provide maximum lefties recovery, while the Defense evs hit a jump point, 261 (391 factoring intimidate). The Special Attack EVs are filler to help me get the OHKO'es on Forry and 2HKO'es on Skarm.

Damage Calcs on 252HP / 0 SpDef Forry (Fire Blast)
Min : 116.38%
Average : 126.55%
Max : 137.85%
latias.png

Latias @ Leftovers
Timid
204 HP / 130 SpAtk / 176 Speed
Levitate
- Dragon Pulse
- Reflect / Light Screen
- Wish
- Recover

This thing supports my team, giving Gyarados wish support and Dusknoir Reflect / Light Screen support, making it one hell of a wall. Recover is for obvious self healing, while Dragon Pulse allows for decent coverage from one attack. The speed EVs make for 330 speed, outrunning positive base 100's. I decided not to aim to outrun ape as most will believe I can outrun them anyways and iirc, Hidden Power Ice is a meagre 3HKO. 204 HP Evs allows for the maximum lefties recovery, while the special attack is filler. Still debating on whether to move to special attack Evs to special defense or not.​

So thats the line up guys. Go ahead and rate and note. I WANT INTELLIGENT RATES and I'd appreciate if hating on my Gyara was kept to a minimum =]​

Edit : All updates will be made in bold

Last edited:

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
Maybe consider porygon2 over dusknoir, since you don't have much to counter salamence and porygon2 keeps you with a gyara counter. i can't see any real reason to keep dusknoir over this, unless you like blocking spin and burning stuff. Porygon2 has more reliable recovery as well. i can see Sala setting up on most of your team bar latias and dusknoir, so porygon2 can be useful, since once sala sets up you can't really do much to stop it.
i like gyara. though you could replace roar for another special attack? Hydro Pump or something? just a thought.
*hates on gyara* =)

Connor™

Showstopper
Gren, my dusknoir generally laughs at Mence =]
Plus, I havent really been having that many problems Generically, I'll switch in Noir and try to WoW the opponent, thought Im not sure if a + 1 Outrage OHKO'es or not =/
As you said, Latias nabs him too. Metagross doesnt have many problems either, Bullet Punch puts quite a big hole in mence.

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
Plus, I havent really been having that many problems Generically, I'll switch in Noir and try to WoW the opponent, thought Im not sure if a + 1 Outrage OHKO'es or not =/
As you said, Latias nabs him too. Metagross doesnt have many problems either, Bullet Punch puts quite a big hole in mence.

i think it OHKOs with SR damage but i'm not sure.
also +1Sala out speeds your latias, and everything else on your team.
i guess metagross covers it, since it'll probably be locked into outrage anyway.
try: 252/136/120 on Machamp, since i think not running much DEF is a big mistake, especially since he's your answer to tyranitar.

blueorbified2

i like gyara. though you could replace roar for another special attack? Hydro Pump or something? just a thought.
*hates on gyara* =)

I like it too.Quite an original,yet a very effective one...
As Gren said,you could replace roar with a special att
probably Ice Beam or also Ice Fang(but its physical).Your Gyara has a wide coverage and hits hard,but flying dragons will laugh on you(Dragonite,Salamence).
Ofcourse,you can roar them away,or bring in Noir or Latias or Metagross....
But there are cases when you are mean looked ,or gyara is your last pokemon,facing a Flying Dragon you could havem some problems..

Connor™

Showstopper
I may replace Earthquake with Ice Beam. Roar has been too helpful to me, it makes sure Offensive Cune cant just CM and laugh at my whole team.
Gren, Blue Aces Machamp set is real bulky, I just cant seem to remember it =_=
Browsing time me thinks, I'll update with it once I find it.

Xhizors

Banned

-Adamant, max Attack, Life orb, Salamence with a Dragon dance under its belt does 86.39% - 101.70% without damage from Stealth rock included. And with no Rapid spinner and a lead that doesnt stop the other lead from setting up Stealth rock, Dusknoir doesnt stand a chance against Sala.

-Upon further examination, I noticed your team doesnt have a Pokemon to take care of all out physical Electivire and SpecsJolt that is getting more and more popular. Thats why as said before, Porygon 2 would fit your team best because it counters Gyarados, Salamence, Jolteon and Electivire thanks to its ability. Anyway, you dont have a lot of entry hazards besides Stealth rock so a Rapid spin blocker isnt necessary, btw Dusknoir is an inferior Rotom because Rotom always OHKOes and always outspeeds a Gyarados with a DD if its Scarfed.

-On Machamp, if youre going for Revenge and Payback as your attacking moves, youre better of using Brave to always hit last, and may help against random Trick room team. But I really think the confusion is more useful, because it makes the opponent think about switching.

- Gyarados: I admire your originality but I dont think this will work. You already have Hetran to beat Skarm and Forretress that arent so common anyway, and if you Gyarados was a DD version, it would beat Gliscor with Waterfall and Metagross with Earthquake.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Connor™

Showstopper
No Mence runs adamant now and the ones that do are doomed, they all run a + speed nature (Naive / Jolly).
All out PhysVire is murdered by Dusknoir, wtf. It cant do anything to Noir while Noir burns its, rendering it useless =_=
Specsjolt does seem to be a problem.
This isnt shoddy. I should have noted that, so no Rotom forms =/
At the minute, Im using Brick Break on Machamp, Revenge is only there to see if anyone thought it could work.
Gyarados does actually work. It looks pathetic on paper but in battle, you'd be surprised, its an excellent wall.

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
No Mence runs adamant now and the ones that do are doomed, they all run a + speed nature (Naive / Jolly).

Even so dusknoir is still pwned.
with Sr dusknoir will be left with about 5% HP after outrage, then you burn it or ice punch it, (does ice punch OHKO?) and then it kills you if you burned it or the switch in KO's you.
porygon2 would be more helpful to take on specsjolt as well, as dusknoir doesn't do a whole lot porygon2 doesn't except burn and block spin attempts.

Connor™

Showstopper
=_=
With Dusknoir Mence isnt a problem. Im either gonna burn it or lock it into Outrage, which opens the door for Heatran to kill it off.

Edit :
Calcs with + 1 Naive Mence Outrage on Dusknoir :
Min : 60.20%
Average : 64.63%
Max : 70.75%

Thats factoring in SR. Thats not exactly 5% =_=

Last edited:

Reno

so adorable...
Now factor in Life Orb.

Don't use Revenge. It doesn't work with Sleep Talk.

Really, Dusknoir handles Salamence like butter handles sunlight. If the opponent gets Stealth Rock up and uses Salamence, you don't win. Even if it isn't DDMence, I am pretty sure MixMence's Draco Meteor and Outrage will kill your Dusknoir anyway.

calum

Banned
Dusknoir cant even take Choice Specs Mence which with Draco Meteor is a OHKO with SR.

Even Hydro Pump and Fire Blast are sure 2HKOs

So the only forms of Mence Dusknoir can stop are CB and CS which are the two least common.

So generally after a DD you cannot really stop Mence as Heatran struggles to outrun.

spareux

maldición
That Gyarados is pretty silly.

Barely anyone even runs Hidden Power [Electric] or Zap Cannon Forretress so I have no idea why they would swap it in and risk several Dragon Dances, outside of a last-resort Explosion.
If you want it to beat Skarm, use Taunt. Or use something else to get Skarmory out of the way!
Metagross isn't handling Gyarados' Earthquakes anyway unless it's incredibly bulky. Gliscor will never switch in either.

Brick Break on Champ? Even with Guts, I would find Cross Chop considerable.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Gyra=win

Watch out for any DDers.

As your team has nothing to outrun them with.
consider a different wall in place of Dusknoir.
Xhisors comment on Machamp sounds reasonable.
Trick Room team are becoming common, and Brave nature is a good one to run.