• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

First RMT - Needs Help and Suggestions

Virawl

•º°N¡ce Guy°º•
Mah Pokemon Online OU/ WiFi Team

So, this is my first RMT. I've made competitive teams a little before, but stopped for a while. Now I've come back to this, and completely stumped on ideas of a decent team. So can you guys help me out?

Team.jpg

This is what I got:

Spr_5b_642.png
Spr_b_5b_642.png

Thunderus @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
252 SpA | 252 Spe | 4 Def
Nature: Timid (+Spe | -Att)
•Thunderbolt
•Taunt
•Thunder Wave
•U-Turn

(This is my lead of sorts. HP Ice is for those Aerodactyls or Roserades, or something. Pretty standard Thunderus w/ Prankster, T-Wave and Taunt to prevent setting up entry hazards. Thunderbolt is the main STAB attack. I'm considering substituing one of the moves for one that can switch out, like U-turn or Volt Switch.)

Spr_5b_560.png
Spr_b_5b_560.png

Scrafty @ Leftovers
Ability: Shed Skin
252 Hp | 148 Att | 108 SpD
Nature: Adamant (+Att | -SpA)
•Bulk Up
•Rest
•Drain Punch
•Payback

(It's kind of random. A physical Bulk Up one. Pretty much what I started out with at first, but I'm not sure if I should keep it or not.)

Spr_5b_130_m.png
Spr_b_5b_130_m.png

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
156 Hp | 72 Att | 96 Def | 184 Spe
Nature: Adamant (+Att | -SpA)
•Dragon Dance
•Waterfall
•Bounce
•Ice Fang

(This is sort of like a bulky Dragon Dance. Bounce is so I can do some neutral damage against Ferrothorns and things of that nature. I am thinking of replacing it with Ice Fang or something.)

Spr_5b_251.png
Spr_b_5b_251.png

Celebi @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
220 Hp | 252 SpA | 36 Spe
Nature: Modest (+SpA | -Att)
•Nasty Plot
•Giga Drain
•Hidden Power (Fire)
•Psychic

(With all this Physical stuff, I needed a Special Attacker. Absent of a grass type, I decided to use Celebi.)

Spr_5b_609.png
Spr_b_5b_609.png

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
4 Hp | 252 SpA | 252 Spe
Nature: Modest (+SpA | -Att)
•Energy Ball
•Overheat
•Shadow Ball
•Hidden Power (Fighting)

(Also another SpA Pokemon. This is sort of like a revenge killer.)

Spr_5b_472.png
Spr_b_5b_472.png

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
40 Hp | 252 Att | 216 Spe
Nature: Jolly (+Spe | -SpA)
•Swords Dance
•Earthquake
•Ice Fang
•Night Slash

(My last slot. I had no idea what I should fill this with. I needed something that could deal out a strong Earthquake and resist electric, so I went with Gliscor. Yet another physical, so I'm kind of hesitant about this choice.)

Overall Comment(s): I would love some suggestions or helpful hints. I might be willing to replace a Pokemon or two. I'm not sure if there's any obvious weakness I should worry about. I think I am pretty weak against strong and fast Special Attackers. Probably a good Jolteon with HP Ice and Shadow Ball could take me down.

Please help!​

Last edited:

morningsun

2 taunters is a flaw in ur team. gyarados shud hav ice fang insted bcuz ur team has no defense against dragons. also u hav nothin 2 deal w/ fightin types. instead of hp fightin, try usin psychic on chandelure or giv celebi psychic insted of recover. i suggest gettin rid of scrafty 4 mienshao. sumthin like
Mienshao@Life Orb
move 1: Hi Jump Kick
move 2: U-turn
move 3: Payback
move 4: Stone Edge
nature: Jolly
ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe

Last edited:

~LiL~

Saddistica
U may want to take note of the glaring rock weakness in your team. Thundurus, Chandelure, Gyarados have rock weaknesses and since stealth rock is so prevalent nowadays, I would recommend either a rapid spinner to clear the field or substitute one pokemon for another. Dragon isn't covered as well and I would figure LO Lati@s can poke a few holes through the team.

You can try Volt Switch on Thundurus. Since he is your lead, it makes sense to scout your opponent/ deal damage while retreating.

Still, covering Dragon types and your rock weaknesses should be the main priority to deal with.

cheeselord

Largely Inactive
This isn't the place to post this. Make a new thread.

Edit: also, on topic: change crunch to payback on scrafty and bounce to outrage or ice fang on gyarados.

Virawl

•º°N¡ce Guy°º•
@Morning Sun: Hmm... I might try the Mienshao.

@Lil: Good tips! So should I get rid of Gliscor for a Spinner or something to counter Dragons?

@BlackVictini: Bro. No offense, but this is not the thread to do that. This is my PO team, not one in-game.

@Cheeselord: Thanks for the tips! Changed Gyarados' Taunt to Ice Fang.

I think I might try out Garchomp in place of Gliscor.

asterat

Banned
Never run bounce

thejt

Everyday Im Shufflin
You shouldn't use Garchomp since it is still Uber. In PO if you put 1 Uber on your team, you change to the Uber tier where everyone has Arceus, Darkrai, and other monster killers.
But instead of Choice Scarf on Chandelure, you might want to try Expert Belt. That's just my opinion since I've had trouble with being move-locked :/

Virawl

•º°N¡ce Guy°º•
Alright, no Garchomp. How bout thoughts on Suicune instead of Gyarados?

fschulze47

Mighty Marvo
You might want to change Chandelure out for a priority- based revenge killer, because at this point Choice Band Terrakion rips this team to shreds. I think Gyara beats it if it gets a boost out but at least 4 of the 6 members are OHKO'd on the spot, and Gliscor isn't enough to stop it. Both Scizor and Conkledurr would perform well at checking CB Terrakion.

Virawl

•º°N¡ce Guy°º•
You might want to change Chandelure out for a priority- based revenge killer, because at this point Choice Band Terrakion rips this team to shreds. I think Gyara beats it if it gets a boost out but at least 4 of the 6 members are OHKO'd on the spot, and Gliscor isn't enough to stop it. Both Scizor and Conkledurr would perform well at checking CB Terrakion.

Yeah, at one point or another, I was considering using Conkeldurr or Scizor. Thanks

thejt

Everyday Im Shufflin
Alright, no Garchomp. How bout thoughts on Suicune instead of Gyarados?
I'd probably stick with Gyarados. The only decent set i know for Suicune is
Suicune @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 4 Speed
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
Or something like that. It takes hits fairly well.

Arty-Kun

Kill it with weather
I would recommend keeping Gyarados, but replacing Bounce with Earthquake to deal with any pesky Electric types and Metagross (who usually packs Thunderpunch). Thundurus gets a move called Volt Switch, which is a special version of U-Turn with electric STAB, so switch to that. As far as Chandelure goes, you may want to switch to Choice Scarf Latios.

Spr_3e_381.gif

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Modest/Timid
Ev's: 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
-Draco Meteor
-Hidden Power [Fire]
-Surf
-Trick

Latios is the fastest dragon in the game, tied with Latias (who rarely runs a Scarf). Some people would offer a steel type to take care of your dragon issue. Instead, you can outspeed and OHKO almost every dragon (Multiscale Dragonite is loling now) used in OU. Draco Meteor is your main option here, and works out great to finish things off, because no pokemon wants to switch into a base 140 STAB move so you normally end up KOing something. Hidden Power is for any Steel types like the ever dominant Ferrothorn who think they can stop you, but on Specially Defensive sets, it normally nabs a 2HKO if it's at full health. Surf can be replaced for any move you see fit, but comes in handy against Heatran and gives you something to hit Sand Stream pokemon with. Trick is for walls like Chansey and Blissey who take Draco Meteors like a pebble hitting a pink boulder, and makes them virtually useless. Modest gives you a lot of power, but if you are worried about Shell Smash Cloyster or Choice Scarf Lati@s, run Timid.

DarkLink3

Banned
Noice team. Up for a battle with me?

Virawl

•º°N¡ce Guy°º•
Noice team. Up for a battle with me?

Well, how would you suggest we do that? I'm up for a good battle. If you can catch me on Pokemon Online when I'm on, we can have a battle. Just remind me who you are : ) I still go by Virawl on there.

@Arty: Nice. I might try that out. Also, I try U-Turn for Thunderus because it gives variety and I can switch out on something like a Mamoswine.

Yea, I'll still with Gyarados.

Alright, so, I took out Scrafty for Scizor, because I took fschulz's comment into consideration. I needed something with Priority. I also think Scizor works nicely with Chandelure. More often than none, someone's going to try a fire attack on Scizor, which I then switch out to Chandelure to counter with Flash Fire. Thoughts?