• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

First RMT- OU Team

hastydemon2

Shadow Walker
I'm sorry for lack of pictures, I'm new to the forums and still trying to figure everything out.

Anyways, the team I made looks good when put on paper and when put in battle it can hold its own, until a bulky water pokemon comes out. But they can be taken out with a little effort and setting up. I'm also trying to stay away from using Legendary Pokemons.

So heres my team:

;437; Bronzong @Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Relaxed
EV's: 252 HP / 152 Atk / 8 Def / 96 SpD
Light Screen
Reflect
Gyro Ball
Earthquake

Bronzong made it on the team to support it with Dual Screens and its amazing resistances. Eathquake hits its Steel counters hard on the switch and Gyro Ball will cause decent damage on just about anything that doesn't resist it. I was going to use Hypnosis but the accuracy just wasn't cutting it for me.

:637: Volcarona @Chesto Berry
Ability: Flame Body
Nature: Modest
EV's: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Quiver Dance
Rest
Fire Blast
Bug Buzz

Volcarona will sweep mid-late game if it can set-up two Quiver Dances, with Entry Hazard support. ChestoRest will give Volcarona a way to heal itself if it get inflicted with something while also regaining life to continue its sweep. The 4x SR weakness does hurt, but switching Volcarona out isn't a problem with enough setting-up.

;160; Feraligatr @Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Adamant
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Atk/ 4 Def
Swords Dance
Aqua Jet
Ice Punch
Superpower

Feraligatr has been one of my favorite Pokemons since his first release. Anyways he can take down most of the Pokemon people will throw at him when he has pulled off atleast 1 SD and with Hazard damage. Ice Punch was chosen since he will be walled by bulky Grass Pokemon and to take down Dragons, the downside is that he doesn't have Crunch to take down Bulky Psychic and Ghosts.

;205; Forretress @Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Relaxed
EV's: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Toxic Spikes
Spikes
Rapid Spin
Volt Switch

Forretress was chosen over Ferrothorn mainly for the use of Rapid Spin. Volt Switch comes in handy against Water and Flying types and will atleast break any Focus Sashes or Sturdy a Pokemon may have. He also serves as another wall with Bronzong, while also being weak to Fire like Bronzong they make up most of the resistances on my team.

;373; Salamence @Lum Berry
Ability: Moxie
Nature: Naive
EV's: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Dragon Dance
Fire Blast
Outrage
Earthquake

Salamence with 2 DD will wreack some havoc when he starts getting kills due to Moxie, Intimidate is nice and all but the extra attack if a lot better. Lum Berry is not only for Outrage's confusion but also when my opponent goes to switch for somebody with T-Wave. I have considered Hydro Pump over Fire Blast but figured Steels would be a bigger problem for Salamence if Volcarona couldn't take them out before hand.

;473; Mamoswine @Life Orb
Ability: Think Fat
Nature: Adamant
EV's: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Icicle Crash
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Ice Shard

With a STAB, high attack, Life Orb Ice Shard Mamoswine makes a great revenge killer for just about anything that doesn't resist it. Mamoswine could also be used for taking down Physical Defensive threats with his high attack and great STAB attacks of Earthquake and Icicle Crash.

Bulky Grass and Water Types can give me trouble, so Venusaur, Tangrowth, Vaporeon, Suicune, Jellicent etc. And the team can take quite a few of hits if they're not Super Effective Crits.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Okay, lets get something out of the way first. Legendary status means nothing competitively. Just look at Regigigas, Articuno, and Phione. That said, Terrakion mauls you after Feraligatr and Bronzong go down. Like, the set doesn't even matter, if it gets past Zong and Gatr, it will destroy you. Also, Bronzong is 2HKO'd by Band/Swords Dance boosted Close Combat. I think perhaps you could benefit from Scarf Latios, but that would of course mean dropping your no-legendaries policy.

hastydemon2

Shadow Walker
Like I said I'm trying to stay away fom them, that doesn't mean that I refuse to use them. I made the team and it worked really well, I did not cross a Terrakion so Item didn't occur to me that he would wreak my team.

Caluminousdugtrio

class on my back
This team seems quite unusual for OU...The Volcorona is very original, I like that. But...I dont think Feraligatr would be able to keep up with the face-paced OU metagame. I suggest Rotom Wash over Feraligatr. It can take a lot more hits, and burning things with WoW really is awesome. Volt Switch keeps the momentum, and Hydro Pump slams through pokemon Gliscor and leaves a dent in Scizor. Also, drop Stone Edge on Mamo and replace it with Superpower...it has much better coverage. You also NEED STEALTH ROCK on the opponents side as it really turns the tables. Inflicting 25% of damage to some of the most common threats in OU, namely Salamence, Dnite, Volcarona (who takes 50%), Tornadus-T, etc. is really great. Therefore drop Bronzong and replace it with Landorus-T. Intimidate puts pressure on physical sweepers and with its decent bulk, it can probably set up SR easily. Earthquake coming off of a base 145 ATK leaves dents in practically anything.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Toxic Spikes are essentially worthless due to all the Levitating Pokemon, Flying types, and Poison types. Replace it with SR.

Hauntershadow92

The Mono-type Man
If you are going to run Rest on Volcarona, I'd suggest this spread: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 Spe and a Bold Nature. This is the Standard Bulkyrona set on Smogon, but I think it pairs nicely with Rest. Quiver Dance is going to be boosting your SpAtk and SpDef so there is no real need for Modest. This is on the offchance that you need to Rest again, without Chesto, or if you lose your Berry. Just a thought.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
The standard smogon set for ChestoRest Volcarona is 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe. You use 96 Spe EVs to outpace Scarfkion, 252 SpA to maximize his attacking potential, and 160 HP to give it better overall bulk.

hastydemon2

Shadow Walker
Is there anything else? I kinda feel as if Feraligatr, Bronzong, and Mamoswine can be switched for something that I could benefit from, I just don't know who should take their place.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Feraligatr for ROTOM WASHHH ITS SO MUCH BETTERRR
LOGICCCC!!!! Anyways, I actually think DD Gyarados would serve you better as a Water sweeper. While it doesn't have Rotom-W's immediate Speed, it has a lot more hitting power.

But with Terrakion out there, Gyarados is pretty much useless

He is using dual screens. +2 DD gyara outpaces scarf terra. So lets say gyara comes in out set up fodder and sets up a DD, and terrakion comes in. Behind a reflect stone edge wont kill gyara. If the set is known to be scarfed, he cna DD again then kill it. if it isn't scarfed or he doesn't know, he fires a waterfall. Terrakion is dead. Intimidate can forces switches out, and sub DD gyara behind screens is really good.
Therefore I would use this set:
Gyarados (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 108 HP / 232 Atk / 168 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Waterfall
- Bounce
Its walled by opposing rotom-wash, however if oyu have a sub up you can hit it, then it will break the sub with a volt switch, so when it comes in again you can hit it a second time, and having switched in on stealth rock twice, potentially die. I would recommend changing bronzong's moves to stealth rock, light screen, reflect and explosion, because it much better allows oyu to set up early on. By exploding, if they do switch out after youset up screens, you get a free swap in to sometihng that counters them. And you have dual screens up. Thats a good chance to set up once, often twice.

ALso rotom-wash isn't better than feraligatr, they are different. They cannot be compared because feraligatr is a set up sweeper using pysichal attacks. Rotom is either a special wall or special attacker. Rotom could be more suited, but for a dual screens HO team, feraligatr, or a gyarados, would be much better.

hastydemon2

Shadow Walker
So if I switch Feraligatr for Gyrados I can keep Dual Screens Bronzong while changing his set, seems like a good trade to me. Now if Bronzong gets SR, should I change Forretress's set too? And should Mamoswine be switched?

So if I switch Feraligatr for Gyrados I can keep Dual Screens Bronzong while changing his set, seems like a good trade to me. Now if Bronzong gets SR, should I change Forretress's set too? And should Mamoswine be switched?

Forretress could run gyro ball/EQ to do damage, or return to t spikes. Mamo is good, although try super power over stone edge as STAB ice murders flying types, and volcarona will kill him probably. If not adamant LO EQ will cripple or kill volc depensing on prior damage (hazards). Super power lets you hit ferrothorn.

Professor Squirtle

Professor of Rain
Feraligatr when contrasted with Gyarados has two unique qualities: Swords dance, and although less significant (especially with the inclusion of a rapid spinner) a greater resistance to Stealth Rock. That said, Gyarados is generally a better pick. It has higher attack, higher speed, it's generally bulkier, resists any spikes, Intimidate, etc. The sub-Dragon Dance set works wonders for me. Switch into something it counters and then begin setting up. Terrakion will fear Life Orb Dragon-Dance boosted Waterfalls.