• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

First RMT

shadow and jolteon

Ghetto Team Rater.
Ground weak:) Still a solid team but you're ground weak. I'm ice weak but you very rarely see them so I'm safe but ground types are seen in nearly every battle so get kingdra and suicune to handle them but not the other one's (not even salamence incase they have stone edge):)

Last edited:
Actually, I know I'm Ground-types weak. In paper. However, not counting Infernape, I have only two weaknesses and an immunity. My other two members are fairly bulky and won't be OHKO'd by any un-boosted Ground-type attack. Boosted Ground-type attacks are limited to Choice Band Flygon's Earthquake, Choice Specs Heatran's Earth Power, Curse Swampert's Earthquake, and Dragon Dance Salamence's Earthquake in OU, as far as I remember. From which only the latter is actually common or threatening to my team.

Any suggestions to help making my Ground-types weakness a bit less noticeable? Even though, in my opinion, a 2:1 weakness-immunity ratio isn't so bad.

Thanks for posting.

Rad3n

Banned
That Kingdra, why are you using Dragon Pulse at all? The whole idea is that you sweep with Hydro Pump, while HP Electric -> Draco Meteor 2HKOs near every bulky water. For the most part this team seems weakened by Rain Dance - harder for everything except T-Tar to switch in while Mence and Nape lose some of their effectiveness. RD Kingdra is a mighty sweeper, but it really prefers Rain Dance support from the rest of the team, and favours the ability to hit like a truck more than set it's own (4 turn) rain - not to say you wouldn't keep Rain Dance regardless.

I don't think there's really a point to my post .-.

That Kingdra, why are you using Dragon Pulse at all? The whole idea is that you sweep with Hydro Pump, while HP Electric -> Draco Meteor 2HKOs near every bulky water. For the most part this team seems weakened by Rain Dance - harder for everything except T-Tar to switch in while Mence and Nape lose some of their effectiveness. RD Kingdra is a mighty sweeper, but it really prefers Rain Dance support from the rest of the team, and favours the ability to hit like a truck more than set it's own (4 turn) rain - not to say you wouldn't keep Rain Dance regardless.

I don't think there's really a point to my post .-.

I appreciate your post =D.

As you have said yourself, rain lasts 4 turns. How much harm could it do? I've explained how Rain Dance can benefit my team. I use Dragon Pulse over Draco Meteor because Latias isn't a Bulky Water but still merits a Dragon-type attack to be used. I prefer my sweep not to be stopped by a kill I could have gotten easily.

Awesome A

The Gameshark
OMFG IT'S THE JRC RMT THAT'S BEEN IN THE WORKS FOREVER.

:DDD

Time for buisness.

I like your strategy, I can relate to it. I like to think of it as skill-based offense, like my newest team is. Giving yourself opportunities to outplay the opponent is risky, but it pays off far more often than not if you're good ;)

Your opening strategy is good and tight, and I imagine it will work out. No need to fix the lead; lead sets are always so precise anyway.

Standard Mence is standard, rapes the **** out of **** and deserves his #2 spot back >:[ (Have I been cursing way way more since I got back??)

Kingdra + Salamence is a hell of a combo, I used it on my recent team :D You even mention how one opens the door for the other, which is exactly how I use them. Sweet.

There's a magic Spe # I used for the SpD CB Tar on one my final teams way back when, I think it outsped something like machamp? I'll look it up, it was really helpful and important iirc.

Suicune has mad synergy with your Kingdra, you're right. Especially since Suicune can set up on a lot of common Kingdra counters (Metagross, Gyarados, other stuff...). I switched tthe Kingdra on my team to rain dance to help my Empoleon right before I replaced it. I'm seeing a lot of similarities in strategy here lol

Honestly, I prefer Crunch over Ice Punch. Jolly nature is usually paired with Ice Punch, but Crunch + Jolly allows you to beat Rotom-H w/o Scarf. A weakend Zapdos can be killed with Extreme Speed anyway. Beating Gliscor is nice, but he can still outspeed you if he's using Jolly so it's nothing to bank on.

"a check for everything and the stuff that is seen as "needed" isn't really needed. That skill can get you through tough situations and win you games even though you don't have the usual staples that others have."

sigging this, I absolutely agree and have been trying to articulate this for quite some time now.

I don't see any weaknesses that can't be played around off the top of my head. Gonna do a more in depth check and edit in...

Damn. I hate when you rate a good team and end up realizing that you didn't say anything helpful at all because there aren't any major flaws. :p

OMFG IT'S THE JRC RMT THAT'S BEEN IN THE WORKS FOREVER

Yeah. I took a long time.

Suicune has mad synergy with your Kingdra, you're right. Especially since Suicune can set up on a lot of common Kingdra counters (Metagross, Gyarados, other stuff..)

Actually, Gyarados is set-up bait for Kingdra. You are thinking physical Kingdra. But yeah, I know what you mean.

I'm seeing a lot of similarities in strategy here lol

Great minds think alike? ;)

sigging this, I absolutely agree and have been trying to articulate this for quite some time now.

Now that you've brought the quote to my attention, I truly believe it is pretty cool.

Damn. I hate when you rate a good team and end up realizing that you didn't say anything helpful at all because there aren't any major flaws. :p

I know you what you mean with that. But, to be honest, when I see teams like this, I feel joy. Even though you only posted your opinions, I'm glad you posted.

lkelder0511

To smogon (Y)
Ok I see a couple of things that could be harmful here
(in no perticular order)

1. LO sub heatran iirc Fire blast 2hkos mence after SR, and since most LO tran carry hp grass which means non bulky suicine isn't working either your safest option statisticly speaking is kingdra but we all no kingdra is not a heatran counter nor check.

On the positive side he doesn't have many times to switch in safe the best he can do is a CB pursuit.

2. Sub Bounce gyara not anywhere to go here after a dd everything is outsped and takes a heavy blow. Actually any kind of dd gyara can really hurt you here

On the positive side sub bounce isn't to popular

3. CB scizor yeah it's gonna hurt anything bad with it spamming U-Turn once
SR gets on the field.

Positives, again not much place to switch in but again he comes in pretty untouched on a CB pursuit

4. SD luke I'm pretty sure I don't have to explain this.

5. DD kingdra uh ohh hope to god he doesn't take advantage of your rain because if he does watch out he is ripping a massive hole through anything on the team

Now how to solve:

-Some of things like SD luke, scizor, and LO tran can be solve by resorting to the old mixmence with roost as you probably know keeping mence healthy is the key here

Well bud I tried to rate it for ya :/

Also Bonus points for me saying the quote of the week

Surprisingly, Heatran is one of those threats that has never been an actual threat to my team. See, Fire Blast 2HKO's Salamence, so what. I OHKO with Earthquake, which means this: I KO something with Pursuit, they switch to Heatran, I switch to Salamence as they Substitute. Now, I break his Substitute as he uses Fire Blast and doesn't KO, leaving him open to another Earthquake. But, even better, I switched Kingdra in as he uses Substitute and use Rain Dance as he uses Earth Power. Now I switch to Salamence but his Fire Blast is a 4HKO. Rain Dance ftw.

My team lol's at Gyarados with both Kingdra and Suicune. Everytime. Key Keeper would know this xD.

Yeah, I'll try to keep Pursuit to the minimum, I guess. Thankfully, as you said, Scizor isn't going to switch anytime other than that Pursuit.

I would have swear I explained how I beat Swords Dance Lucario. And I remembered right now. Here

Kingdra does seem like a problem. A big problem. I can play around it, I guess. If Kingdra switches after I've KO'd something with my own Kingdra, I'd Dragon Pulse his face to oblivion (is it even written like that?), assuming he uses Dragon Dance. If he doesn't use Dragon Dance and KO's Kingdra with Outrage, I switch Salamence in to get an Intimidate in. Then, I'd switch to Tyranitar and proceed to OHKO him. Or I could simply switch to Lucario and set up Swords Dance in his last under-rain turn.

I know this aren't the best ways of dealing with threats, by playing around, but, if done correctly, won't warrant a team member to be changed to deal with said threats.

Thanks a lot for your post.

I double posted because of the PS3's character limit.

lkelder0511

To smogon (Y)
But do you see what I'm saying you rely on mence who lacks a recovery move is sr weak and has no bulk to check so many things that are on 99% of teams it's seems that a recovery move is like a must to me

pkmtrainer

very good team I would say you have to watch out for burns...., but anyways good team. Where do you get the images?