• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

First serious attempt at OU...

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Trickster (Manectric-Mega) (M) @ Manectite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power Ice
The center of this team. Volt Switch gets it out, TBolt is STAB, Flamethrower and HP Ice for coverage. The general thing with him is to sweep until a Ground type or an EQ user comes in, then (Volt) switch, depending on what comes in.

Atrocious (Gyarados) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Moxie
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- EQ
- Outrage
- Stone Edge
My powerhouse. He tends to come in after Sableye is KOd/Taunted, and then hits massively hard. Waterfall for STABflinch, Stone Edge and EQ just for coverage/a big 'up yours' to Talonflame and MegaWile/Aegislash respectively, while Outrage on a Band hits pretty much everything that isn't Steel or Fairy for large amounts of damage.

Landorus (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
Lando-T is my cover for predicted EQs, as well as Shadow. Basically, it's 2 STABs, item killing and a get out of jail free card.

Shadow (Gengar) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt
My other special sweeper. Designed to cover for when Atrocious is stonewalled, with the mandatory STABs and coverage.

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse/Protect?
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
Just a generic powerhouse. 2 STAB and coverage, it's bloody hard to wall.

Sable (Sableye) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play
My main lead, and possibly the best thing I ever used. Kills off leads with Taunt, and then cripples things like Garchomp with WoW. Foul Play's just there to prevent it being killed by Taunt, and it topples the Taunted Aegislash, or after the failed SSneak.

There's the team. Any help?

Last edited:

Chidzz

I don't have much experience with most of your mentioned Pokemon, but I'm sure Manectric is better suited with HP Ice rather than Signal Beam. It's basically a staple for Manectric.
Hope this helped, even if it was just a little.

Skullkraken

Masuda Methodist
I'd put Earthquake on Gyarados rather than iron head since it has better coverage

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
OK, thanks people. Anything else?

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Okay, these are more preferences of mine that you can choose to follow or ignore;

- I honestly like to cripple opponents even more with Sableye by using Knock Off instead of Foul Play.
- Some Steel types are going to mess with your Mega Gengar, so I usually prefer to run Focus Blast instead of Thunderbolt.
- I don't see Heatran using Dark Pulse very often; you might want to have Protect to scout.

That's all I have to say. Your team looks good overall. :)

Last edited: