• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

First shiny Pokemon you caught

Status
Not open for further replies.

charizard:Luvr

Flame Trainer
So guys which was the first shiny pokemon you caught ??
My first shiny pokemon was Audino.
:531: :531: :531:

Pidjiken

IV Breeder
First I saw: Scyther. Crystal Version in Bug Park. I don't wanna talk about it....

First I caught: Ghastly last month, and I bred it myself. 3 eggs later I got a second Ghastly out of sheer luck.

IndigoAir

Myth Hunter
My first was Pidgey, and then Zubat but I am not really sure if I can count those because a game shark had been used on that cartridge and I think it may have had some lasting effects. The first one that I know for sure was legitimate was a male Combee in Pearl. I was so angry that it was male, I didn't even want it in my game. I named it ANGST and gave it to my friend.

Kurry

Psyduck - Firered

Made the huge mistake of evolving it... and then later deleting it permanently from my Pearl save file. :(

Zubeon

My first was a Goldeen in Silver, before the internal battery went and it couldn't save anymore.

My first of my personal Pokemon comeback (2002-onward) was an Aipom in Colosseum. That was followed quickly by Roselia in Sapphire and Horsea in FireRed, and nothing in the past 6 or 7 years, not even with the PokeRadar.

McBatch

shiny stantler in gold

i called him rudolph

Narin

The Forest Sage
my first was a green onix in pokemon silver, at that time i had no idea what a shiny pokemon was and i was just like "OMG THERE'S A GREEN ONIX D:"

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
My first shiny was a Rattata in Leaf Green literally right at the start of the game.
In the last month I've gotten seriously lucky(not even trying) and found a Luvdisc in Black 2, Snorunt in Platinum, and a Zubat in Soul Silver

AdamSe7en

Veteran
Never found even one in my 15 years of playing (I don't count the Red Gyarados).

Same here. I figured out of the hundreds of hours I've played that I would have found at LEAST one.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
The first Shiny that I ever encountered was a Shuppet in Sapphire, although I didn't have any Poké Balls at the time and boy, did that tick me off. The first Shiny that I ever captured, however, was a Sandile in White. I still have it, and it has since evolved into a nice, big Krookodile. What amuses me about that is that there's an NPC in Nimbasa who wishes to see a Shiny Krokorok, but alas, does not say or give anything to you even if you actually have one.

Last edited:

Xionea

Half a centaur
My first was a Goldeen in Silver, before the internal battery went and it couldn't save anymore.

My first of my personal Pokemon comeback (2002-onward) was an Aipom in Colosseum. That was followed quickly by Roselia in Sapphire and Horsea in FireRed, and nothing in the past 6 or 7 years, not even with the PokeRadar.

You can find shinies in Colosseum? I never knew that.

Anyways my first shiny info:

First seen: Graveler (Didn't know it was shiny. Long story short, I thought the sparkles were normal in Crystal)
First owned: Machoke/Machamp (Cousin traded it to me)
First caught: Meditite (Found it in Platinum)

Later found a few more. Every shiny I have ever owned now do not exist due to my stupidity of erasing the game they were all on.

Status
Not open for further replies.