• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

First Shiny?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OddMewtwo

♥Psychic Lover♥
my first shiny was a shiny linoone. but..... my friend restarted the game cause he taugh that im gonna find it that easy again -_- that linoone was a contest master :( uhhh.. i miss it

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
My first shiny was a Wurmple on Emerald. Stupid thing wouldnt evolve into a Dustox, which was a planned member for my team at the time. Unfortunatle didn't know about cloning, but I hadn't ever finished the game at that time. Uploaded it to Diamond, and traded it for a Shiny Golbat i think......

THAT IS THE REASON WHY I HATE BEAUTIFLY!

cannibaleyes

Holier Than Thou
It was so long ago, I don't really remember. xD

I'm pretty sure it was a random encounter Meowth in Silver, though. I named him Giovanni. =D
I reset my game since then, so I don't have that meowth anymore...

Last edited:

LegendaryRotom

~First shiny was a male Kricketune...and it wasn't even mine.~

The first one I CAUGHT was a Banette on ruby.Which isn't really a bad catch either!Go figure!Positive nature to boot!

ddacua93

Doppelgänger
My first shiny pokemon was a level 13 volbeat(3rd generation Emerald Version between Verndanturf and Mauville)I never nickname my pokemon and i traded it over to my Pearl Version

Last edited:

AoNZ

My first shiny was a Ponyta on crystal.
It was black and white so I knew it was shiny

shaq-attack

.:~:._.:~:.
My first shiny was a female Bellsprout in Pokemon Gold.
Back then, I thought it was some sort of glitch.
It's a Weepinbell now.

EDIT: I don't think this should be in Pokepolls...

Last edited:

Hyendae

Herfderf
Mine was a cubone. I luffles cubone.

Mine was Wailmer in Ruby. Still have it in Pearl right now, shiny Wailord level 100

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Mine was ponyta in diamond

Phray

Future Pro!
Mine was a Shiny HootHoot in Gold.

Soon after, I caught a Shiny Sentret. :D

Zincspider

My Bloody
A shiny Drowzee in Silver.
I nearly soiled myself when it came across the screen. I was playing on my 64 in pokemon tower (stadium), and it looked different as it came across the screen. After catching it, I saved three times.

I still have it, after all, my copy of silver still works perfectly.

Draknir

Fear the Deer
These are the firsts in all my games where I have found them:
Gold: Growlithe(Lost)
Silver: Hoothoot(Didn't catch it)
Crystal: Nidoran Female(Lost)
Ruby: Zigzagoon(Lost)
Emerald: Wurmple(Now a Beautifly)
Diamond: Shinx(Traded;_; )
Platinum: Abra(Teleported away)/Snover(Caught and is now rotting in my box until I get a Wii).

DVB

Philosopher Knight
My first and only shiny poekmon caught aside the Gyarnados in G/S/C was a shiny Venonat in Gold. My Gold died on me thouh. *weeps*

trixie08

Speak No Evil
My first and so far only shiny I caught was a Sharpedo while fishing on Route 118 next to Mauville City in Emerald. It was purple, one of my fave colors!

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
My first shiny (not counting Gyarados) was my Caterpie in Gold. I got it up to Butterfree, I never nicknamed it, I rarely do, it was awesome. I sold my Gold so I could buy Ruby though... turns out I had enough money for it without selling my Gold. I still regret that decision today.

Foolish 12 year-olds selling old things for new things which really aren't as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.