• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

First Shiny?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariku -- kitten

Toshiya lover<3
Mine was Gyarados :D

In all seriousness, a shiny Numel on my girlfriends game. She deleted the file and forgot to trade it to me. The first shiny on my game was a Zubat.

Alexiel

I'm awake!!!
pokemon gold, shiny rattata, couldnt catch it

pokemon diamond, shiny bronzor, called it gansta, i still have it

S.Bustathedog

What's this for? ^
I havent had one yet :(

Greg33

My First was a tentecool in ruby, right outside pacifilog, I was looking for mirage island and BAM, there it was, first emotion: I hate tentecools, why are there soo many? second emotion: utter self pity, my first shiny is a tentecool.

centipede2000

I found a shiny wooper in crystal but I had no pokeballs with me :(
But the first real shiny I caught (apart from the red gyarados in gsc) was a shiny zubat in pearl.
These are the only shinies I ever found myself, but I got a couple of others on the GTS ;)

EDIT: I have also encountered a shiny graveler in the cave near blackthorn city in crystal, but it used selfdestruct when I was trying to catch it... unlucky me!

Last edited:

Competitive5910

Codename:ArseusEater
I havent had one yet :(

me neither.
Trying to chain, but im sucking at it. What's the usual number b4 a shiny when chaining? I don't know... answer

But my first WAS THE RED gyrados!! ah hahaah!

Bestemnx

SOUL SILVAHHH
Shiny Swablu on Pokemon Ruby. Random encounter. I was sooooo lucky. Then the same/next day a shiny linoone.

So far chaining has not been working. I'm trying for Skitty and Shinx but can't make it past 30.

Hahahaha, I fainted the red Gyarados. I was young and didn't care about the shininess. ]: So stupid.

Skaisdead

Movers and Shakers
me neither.
Trying to chain, but im sucking at it. What's the usual number b4 a shiny when chaining? I don't know... answer

But my first WAS THE RED gyrados!! ah hahaah!

I've heard that the Mesuda method is more effective than chaining. I chained 56 Voltorb without a single shiny. And then I ran into a Kadabra.
I've also chained 38 Smoochum. Still no shiny.

Erik The Red

Super Delicious
My first shiny was a Golbat in Saphire. I was so proud. I also got a Suppet, but then my game was "lost". I suspect my cousin stole it.

Youngster_Joey

Better in HD!
What game was your first shiny on? White
What Pokemon was it? Shellder
What did you call it? Did not nickname it
Did you get it from a trade? Nope
Do you still have it? Lol, of course!

I had insane luck and hatched it in 8 regular eggs!

McLucky

*Obligatory red Gyarados comment*

But my first RE shiny was a Meowth in Leaf Green!

PokemonTrainerKaden

The first one i encountered was graveler in diamond but i didnt catch it then i saw a chingling and caught that one. Then while helping my sister with her firered game i found a shiny pidgy and caught it and after she was asleep traded it to my game.

My first shiny was a Zubat that I actually took two days to look for. I caught it in Sapphire, but it's in White now. I named it Vlad and it's now a Crobat.

pokemon1996

<-- I will get'em
What game was your first shiny on? Ruby
What Pokemon was it? Meditite
What did you call it? Meditater
Did you get it from a trade? Nope :)
Do you still have it? Nope :(

Evolved it, forgot about it, and restarted my game. I miss my blue medicham....

President People

Eat The Path
A green Ekans in the original Silver Version, on the route below Violet City. Silver's been overwritten and self-deleted so many times; it's long gone. :(

Last edited:

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
My first was an Oddish in the Safari Zone, back when I didn't know they existed... I thought there was something wrong with my game at first, but then I decided to catch it.

And surprisingly, I did.

Since then I've got lotsa shinies, Clefairy, Zubat, my brother got a Machoke, I've had lots of luck with the Shinies.

Origami_Zekrom

Where I shouldn't be
I was Seviper hunting in Hoenn, since Seviper was rare, I wanted a stock of them. I had just caught my 4-5 Seviper when the next encounter was a shiny one. Having heard about shinys and their rarities, I went WTH YESS!!! before sending out my first pokemon. I got it down to ~8 hp before successfully catching it. I named it Shiner (I was so happy, I forgot to not name it or give it a different name). It now resides in HG with my shiny gloom I got an hr or two after Shiner. Shiner is lv 50 with a good moveset, so I use him a lot at the Battle Frontier.

:644:

What game was your first shiny on? Silver (not soul silver)
What Pokemon was it? Hoothoot
What did you call it? it evolved and I named it Noctowl... like in the anime.
Did you get it from a trade? No
Do you still have it? No

I have yet to encounter a shiny in the 5th gen sigh...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.