• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

First Shiny?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calumblack

Pikachu's Lover
I was wondering:
What game was your first shiny on?
What Pokemon was it?
What did you call it?
Did you get it from a trade?
Do you still have it?

Mine was a Ponyta on Pearl I called it Unicorn (Imaginative!) I didn't like it when it evolved into Rapidash, it looked dull. I lost it when my game got stolen. :(

I also got a shiny Murkrow from a trade :D!

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
A shiny nodoran-male in firered i was ev training and pow there it was, i nicknamed him lucky for being an adamant nidoran male so i trained him he now rests in my ranch living out the rest of his days in the fresh outdoors.

oddsok

(^^,)
My first shiny was a random encounter Sableye in Emerald's Sky pillar. I didn't nickname it, I still have it and I have left it UT.

G-S-C Fanatic

o.O Shiny Gater
My 1st SHiny was a Smoochum that hatched from the daycare egg in G/S/C. Only way i knew it was shiny was because of the stars that came out.

I got a Donphan in Silver, I think it was at Mt. Silver. Didn't nickname it (as with everything) and I lost it when I sold my Silver.

Grei

not the color
My first shiny was caught in Pokemon Crystal. It was a Ponyta, found at the summit of Mt. Silver. Luckily, I caught it, but unluckily, I don't have the same save file anymore.

Darkrainer

RPH Elite Trainer
My first shiny was a Hariyama in Sapphire, but I'm not sure where it is right now o_O I also have a shiny Bibarel.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
Mine was a Snover that i got on Pearl, i still have it but i never bothered to name it.

Shepard

metaphysician
My first Shiny was from my Ruby game. It was a Zigzagoon whom I named FrankBurns (from M*A*S*H - his nickname was 'ferrit face', so I thought it was fitting :p). I still have him, though it's been some time since I used him. He's since been transfered up to my diamond game where he's remained in my EV-trained box, waiting to be spruced up for the 4th gen.

kirby8933083

mai husbando
My very first pokemon, I found on my own. It was a shiny Aron, no nick name, on my Sapphire game. I caught it, b/e I thought it looked cool, yes back then I didn't know what shinnies were more or less if they even existed, then I was wigged out by the red eyes and released it. >_> Not very smart. Next time I started the game, I found another shiny Aron though. So it's all good.

Hot_Pepper_Cheese

Tenor Drummer 08-09
Technically my first was the Red Gyarados in Silver. Though I don't count that. My first was in FireRed. It's a green Zubat at Mt. Moon. I caught a Zubat earlier and then while going through the cave I found this one. I was suprised because I didn't know about shinies before. So I caught it knowing it was special. Now it is a pink Crobat in Diamond.

gastrodon101

OMFG!!!!!
my first shiny was a doduo(male) if you don't count the shiny garados. Right before I woke up the snorlax by the biking road. (now lv. 50 dodrio)

Within a week I caught a shiny golbat in sapphire while in victory road.
(Now lv. 60 Crobat)

My friend gave me two shineys from the game he bought.
(magnezone & Cloyster)

The first shiney I ever saw was a Bibarel but I was out of pokeballs...

Killer Grunt

My first shiny was a Slakoth on emerald.

The best bit was i didnt even realise it was a shiny until i had evolved it into a Slaking.

I wish i still had it but back then i didnt realise just how rare shinies were and restarted my game :(

but now i have my shiny mareep so :D

Manamanah

landing fail
My first shiny was unown W. I was really happy for finding it, but also kinda disappointed that my first and only shiny was completely useless.

Jirachidude

collecter and trader
My first was an Absol in Ruby. My first in Pearl was a Porygon which I got in an egg.

Last edited:

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
My first (of many n_n ) shinies was a shiny female Clefairy that I recieved from the game corner in Leaf Green.

It only took about half an hour to get; I was realy surprised that I recieved a shiny one s quickly. ^^;

SaulGCube

Aeroga
I saw one in silver but i killed it but in emerald i found a shiny poochyena and traded it to my friend for a shiny bannete which i lost when my pearl got stolen -_-
Soon though i found another shiny poochyena which i now have but its a bold nature -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.