• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

First Shiny?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First and only one has been Poochyena in my old emerald. Been trying like mad to get another one, since my emerald got sold a while back, but no luck. :(

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Discounting the Red Gyarados.

My first shiny was a Pidgey I found while hunting for a Pikachu ^^ I was playing my Crystal version.

redpanda

Red Gyrados was technically my first, but I got a shiny Bronzong in a trade. I've never found one myself...

Unless you count the gyarados on silver, I've never caught one, but i did see a shiny zubat in mount moon. Unfortunately, I didn't know what the hell it was so I killed it.

firework

it was a growlithe, cant remember which game...i think i killed it in crystal

peregrintook69

chikorita in gold/silver

i got really lucky at the beginning

currently i have a shiny ludicolo called "odd lotad"

Last edited by a moderator:

yhwdh19

shiny wooper in pkmn crystal. not sure if i restarted it since then. haven't played crystal in who knows how long

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
My very first Shiny would have to be my Shiny Dodrio, Velocity. I caught her as a Doduo while doing the Safari game in Ruby.

darkrai_rulz

Dark Type Trainer
My first shiny was the Ho-oh in Crystal. This was my reaction:
WTF!!?!? A shiny legend??? Masterball!!

jabs4

Besides the Red Gyarados on Gold, it was a Rattata on FireRed. A freaking Rattata! Still have it to this day, now residing in Box 2 on Diamond.

L33t-r488i7

Shiny Hunter
My first shiny was a Crobat from Firered. I was pumped because with the poor lighting on my gameboy, I thought the zubat (what I caught it as) was black and red. Then I fully evolved it and it was... pink. A little sad, but it was shiny so I was happy. lost that game and the Crobat, but caught a new one on my next Firered. forgot to give it a nickname before sending it over to diamond >_<

my very first shiny encounter was a shiny golbat in silver or crystal
didn't catch it (no pokeballs x.x).

my other first received shiny was a pichu (cloned...) from a trade with a friend of mine in crystal

my first shiny i caught myself was a shiny spheal in pokemon ruby
i named him shining:p
i still have it; he's now a lvl 100 walrein and i transferred him to pokemon diamond

my very first shiny encounter was a shiny golbat in silver or crystal
didn't catch it (no pokeballs x.x).
Oh man lol, that reminds me of the time I encountered a Shiny Abra with only one Poke Ball in my pack. I was playing my Gold version, training my Growlithe for fun when I see the wild Abra flash. It escaped my only Poke Ball so I switched off my Game Boy Color to try and encounter it again. At the time I thought that after a certain amount of time playing the game, I would encounter a Shiny Pokemon no matter what. I figured it would take me the same amount of time it took me to find the Abra, so I kept searching in the route next to Lavender Town. I didn't really understand how rare they really were, so I was expecting to find another one within an hour. Luckily I caught a Shiny Kadabra the same day I missed the chance to capture the Abra, so I was excited and evolved it in to Alakazam.

My first Shiny encounter was with a Krabby while I was surfing to Cianwood City in my Gold. I ran away from it since I thought it was a glitch, as the Krabby looked an ugly gray instead of red. Later I watched the Pokemon episode that dealt with the blue Shuckle, and the episode made me think I could find it in my game. I never found a Shiny Shuckle, but I did capture my first shiny while hunting for the Shuckle; a Krabby.

Andrew1239

OSHAWOTT FTW!!!
My first shiny caught, except the red gyarados in silver was a different red Gyarados in pearl. The first shiny i saw was a Medicham in Ruby and my second was a tentacool in emerald. the red Gyarados was my third and I just recieved a shiny snorunt today !!!!
( my second shiny pokemon )

Status
Not open for further replies.