• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

First simi-competitive team (Suggestions?)

theghost

Ghost Master
Drapion w/ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Crunch
- Cross Poison
- Swords Dance

Physical Sweep
Crunch / Cross Poison for STAB.
Toxic Spikes for entry hazard.
Swords Dance for solid Atk boost.

Charizard-Mega-Y w/ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Solar Beam
- Air Slash

Special Sweep
I really like the Drought / Solar Beam combo and feel it's great for coverage.
Heat Wave / Air Slash STAB.
Roost for recovery.

Chesnaught w/ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Bulk Up
- Hammer Arm
- Stone Edge

Physical Wall
Seed Bomb / Hammer Arm STAB.
Stone Edge coverage.
Bulk Up for convenient boost.

Florges w/ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Psychic

Special Wall
Moonblast for STAB.
Psychic for coverage.
Calm Mind for convenient boost.
Aromatherapy to help my team with any status'

Lucario w/ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heal Pulse
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail

Physical Sweep
Close Combat / Iron Tail for STAB.
Earthquake for coverage.
Heal pulse for recovery.

Magnezone w/ Choice Specs
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Metal Sound
- Flash Cannon
- Magnet Rise
- Thunderbolt

Special Sweep
Flash Cannon / Thunderbolt for STAB.
Magnet Rise to eliminate ground weakness.
Metal Sound for Sp. Def boost.

Any constructive criticism desired. I have almost no experience setting up competitive teams. I've been researching a bit the past few months. I've been a Pokémon fan for over 10 years, I've just never had the time or solid capability to set up a competitive team. This team, I'm fairly certain would be an OU team, but in all honestly it was just put together for play against friends. Things I learn from using this team I eventually want to apply to other teams, eventually making teams that I could use in ranked tournament play. But for right now, it's casual. Any suggestions?

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Drapion doesn't need to hold a Rocky Helmet unless it's gonna have more bulk. Since you're using it offensively, it needs an offensive item. This is my personal set (some will call it gimmicky, but it's fun and works like it should)

Drapion @Life Orb
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Swords Dance
- Night Slash
- Cross Poison
- Knock Off/Earthquake

Charizard Y should be Timid Nature with either Fire Blast or Flamethrower. Not Heat Wave. Also, swap Air Slash for a coverage move. Either Focus Blast (to hit Heatran) or Solarbeam.

Chesnaught is trying to do too much. If you want it to be a physical wall, then give it max HP and Def and remove Bulk Up for Spiky Shield. Ability should be Bulletproof. Also, you should remove Stone Edge for Spikes. Chesnaught being a wall has no immediate need for coverage.

If you're going to give Florges a second offensive move, it needs to be Psyshock so it can stand up to Chansey and Blissey.

Magnezone and Lucario have the same issue. Choice items (Choice Band, Choice Specs, Choice Scarf) lock you into a move, but you have moves that they don't want to be locked into or are just useless for a locked in pokemon. Heal Pulse is a useless move in Singles because it affects anyone but the user. Give Lucario a Life Orb with Swords Dance, Close Combat, Extreme Speed. Last move can be Ice Punch, Earthquake or Crunch.

Magnet Zone should be either Choice Specs or Choice Scarf with Magnet Pull for it's ability. Volt Switch, Thunderbolt, Flash Cannon and Hidden Power Fire. Since you're playing primarily against friends, I assume this is a WiFi team, so an Air Balloon with Magnet Rise, Thunderbolt, Flash Cannon and Volt Switch will work.

theghost

Ghost Master
Thanks for the advice!

One thing I noticed though is that Florges doesn't learn psyshock.

Also, why do you suggest I have Extremespeed over STAB Iron Tail?

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Thanks for the advice!

One thing I noticed though is that Florges doesn't learn psyshock.

Also, why do you suggest I have Extremespeed over STAB Iron Tail?

Had a different pokemon on the brain, but Florges gets walled by Chansey/Blissey so either make it 100% support and remove Psychic for Wish/Synthesis or change to either Clefable or Sylveon.

Iron Tail has poor accuracy (75%) and it is basically double covering. Iron Tail hits Rock and Fairy types super effectively. Close Combat already hits rock types and Lucario's typing gives it the ability to get up at least one Swords Dance (depending on the opponent) and it gives you a priority move that hits pretty hard. Going with Iron Tail means you can't do anything to Charizard Y. You get scared out and possibly lose a pokemon to it.

One other thing I missed before is that you NEED a pokemon that either learns Rapid Spin or Defog. Charizard does not want to deal with Stealth Rocks, so it's best that you have a pokemon to remove them.

theghost

Ghost Master
Drapion w/ Life Orb
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Night Slash
- Knock Off
- Cross Poison
- Swords Dance

Charizard-Mega-Y w/ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast

Chesnaught w/ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Spiky Shield
- Hammer Arm
- Spikes

Florges w/ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Synthesis

Gliscor w/ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Atk / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Swords Dance

Magnezone w/ Air Balloon
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Metal Sound
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt

How does this look? I made most of the changes and fixed some of the EVs. Charizard and Drapion are fast sweepers, Gliscor and Magnezone are bulky sweepers, with Gliscor taking Lucarios spot as Physical sweeper, the Toxic orb/Poison Heal combo is pretty nice, and Façade for the garunteed boost because of Toxic Orb.

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Seeing as how you put Sitrus Berry on Florges, I assume you do not have a second Leftovers (or do not have the ability to obtain one), so you should switch it out all together for a pokemon that doesn't necessarily need Leftovers.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Def/252 SpD
- Toxic/Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell

As for Gliscor, as much fun as that set is to use, Gengar switches into it all day and could very well get kill whatever you think about switching in. You should either give it Knock Off over Facade or find another pokemon to remove hazards (also, if you're playing on WiFi, it's highly unlikely you have the ability to get a Defog Gliscor).

Bulky Sweepers are pokemon that can set up and Magnezone does not do that. Metal Sound really should never be used especially if you're not going to invest speed into Magnezone. And you don't need so many sweepers as your team isn't currently built to do that.

Empoleon @ Leftovers/Chople Berry
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpD
- Stealth Rocks
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Roar/Toxic

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
Defog + Poison Heal Gliscor is illegal.

Drapion is horrible. It's slow and not that strong. If this is for 6v6, replace it with Choice Scarf Tryantiar so you can Pursuit trap Latis for Zard.

Zard's nature should be Modest; Mild lowers Defense.

_Naga_

Master Strategist
If you are planning to make this team competitive I recommend putting the move "Protect" on the majority of your team since almost all professionals do.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
If you are planning to make this team competitive I recommend putting the move "Protect" on the majority of your team since almost all professionals do.

This only applies to Doubles, where Protect is probably the most vital move in the game for a number of reasons. In Singles Protect's uses are numbered so it's rarely seen outside of certain Pokemon who want to buy themselves an extra turn (Leech Seed users, Speed Boost users, Pokemon who get a Speed increase upon Mega Evolving, etc).

Simply slapping Protect on everything is not something "professionals" do, especially not in Singles.