• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

First Stage meets Final Stage

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Am I the only one who thinks that watching First Stage Pokémon meeting their Final Stage Evolutions can be Absolutely Adorable at times?

It always makes me think of a Child meeting their own Parent. <3
Equ86c2XIAEYw9W
Equ86j-XUAQgWSL
EqvGJy0W4AAbreg
Equ86srXYAAH8Tt
Equ9HwPXYAEoGVY
EqvGJ7gXcAIsRwj
Equ9HnXXIAEP4Wf
Equ9H6WW4AAnjyz
Equ860OXMAA1uUr
Equ9IRxXIAMOZA9

18751c76b93959ebb7cbfc600852ff77.png

What are some of your favorite instances of First Stage Pokémon meeting their Final Forms?

For me? I really liked seeing Lana's Popplio train with Ida's Primarina.
Their interactions were so Sweet.

I also liked Ash's Litten and it's overarching Rivalry with Incineroar.

Also Ash's Riolu meeting Korrina's Lucario because it was Adorable! <3

Also Note: It does NOT have to be only a Starter Pokemon. It can be any kind of Pokémon you want along as the it's met the Final Stage of it's Line.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Is it really a spoiler when it was shown in a Trailer?

But okay I'll cover it up
It's not a spoiler...to the people who saw it in Japan officially before the West did (which doesn't even get trailers like those anyway). But this topic was published outside the spoiler section. So...yeah, for all intents, it is a spoiler.

Er, sorry if this came out a bit moderator-like. Just trying to prevent warnings.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I generally like it when base stage Starters meet their evolved forms, but it's not something that I generally get excited about unless it actually leads to some sort of plot development, like when Satoshi's Mokuroh became eager to take down Hau's Junaiper.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Applecorp said:
I like it when this happens. But Totodile meeting Feraligatr could've been the start of something bigger if the writing staff had wanted to develop the little crocodile more.

If it would've helped Satoshi's Waninoko find the motivation to evolve at least once, I would've enjoyed more interactions between it and Ordile in EP194.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Oh man I loved the giant Pokemon episode when we saw Squirtle greet the giant mecha Blastoise. Makes me wish it was a real Blastoise and not a fake. Also it sucks that when he did meet a real Blastoise they didn't get to interact much...

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
Also it sucks that when he did meet a real Blastoise they didn't get to interact much...

If you mean EP060, I think that instance can be excused since Kamex spent most of the episode sleeping, so there wasn't really an opportunity for Zenigame to interact with it.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
If you mean EP060, I think that instance can be excused since Kamex spent most of the episode sleeping, so there wasn't really an opportunity for Zenigame to interact with it.
I think he means Island of the Giant Pokémon

Leonhart

Imagineer
LilligantLewis said:
I think he means Island of the Giant Pokémon

They mentioned a "real" Kamex though, which didn't appear in the main anime until EP060 I believe. The mechanical one from EP017, the illusionary one from EP020, and the one from Satoshi's memory in EP025 don't count as "real" from my viewpoint.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet

Right but at the end of the episode they had like a minute where Blastoise was awake but Ash's Squirtle still didn't get a shot at talking to Blastoise in a meaningful way...

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I remembered when Ash's Squirtle & Bulbasaur got freaked out by Venutoise, a fusion of Blastoise & Venusaur, even though it was an illusion. Too bad, we won't see a fusion of final stages Pokemon again, outside of some legendaries.

Mythical-Moonlight

After the most recent episode,

In my opinion I'd say Sobble meeting Inteleon was definitely up there with Litten, Rowlet and Popplio meeting Incineroar, Decidueye and Primarina in terms of Nice Interactions and Character Development for Sobble. <3

Which First Stage meeting Final Stage did you like the most?

Mythical-Moonlight

Meh. Litten's rivalry with Incineroar was way too basic for my tastes that it was the only thing keeping Litten afloat because otherwise the cat barely existed outside the shared focus.
You can say that for all the Alola Starters tbh
Rowlet didn't do much beyond gags until Hau's Decidueye showed up on the scene

Let's not even go into Lana's Popplio. Tho in her case at least she didn't belong to the Protag