• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

First Super Single Subway team

randomspot555

I'm really trying just to gain BP, but I wouldn't mind hitting the milestones such as the first time I meet the Subway boss or whatnot.

Togekiss w/ Leftovers
252 HP/252 Sp DEF/4 Sp Atk
Calm (+SpDEF, -Atk)
Serene Grace
- Thunder Wave
- Heat Wave
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere

This guy typically serves as my lead. Really good at taking hits. I'm really resistant to make changes to the set because it has done really well, and there's only so much you can do with Togekiss after breeding and raising it. And while Heat Wave and Aura Sphere kind of overlap with Infernape, Heat Wave is useful for the burn chance, and Aura Sphere is handy for evasion abusers.

Infernape w/ Life Orb
252 Sp Atk/252 Speed/4 HP
Naive (+Speed, -SpDEF)
Blaze
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot
- HP Ice
- Close Combat

Super fast, goes in to finish stuff off. Since I've looked at its EVs, I might want to retrain a bit and sink some more into ATK to give Close Combat more of a punch to it. Or I might ditch Close Combat and just try out with Focus Blast...though that does make me nervous.

If I went all Special, I'd probably slap Wise Glasses on there instead of Life Orb.

Metagross w/ Muscle Band
Adamant
Clear Body
252 HP/252 ATK/6 Speed
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake

I'm thinking Thunderpunch or Trick with Choice Band in Zen Headbutt's place. Has performed really well.

If I had to ditch anybody, I'd probably go for Infernape. I've never been all that big of a fan of its mixed set, and I'm considering training up a Sub-Disable Gengar which I think would work well with a Trick-Metagross.

What do you all think?

EDIT: I typically am getting to battle 23-25 before losing.

Meeeps

Le Rawrz!
Stick a recovery move on Togekiss, such as Roost or Wish. You don't -need- Heat Wave if you're running ParaFlinch. Wish would be good at healing up the team if needed.

I'd consider a Choice Band on Metagross, just to boost his already massive Attack stat. I wouldn't Trick with it though, unless it is being used to set up another pokemon.

Infernape isn't really that good on the subway, unless its leading (Infernape is my second favourite offensive lead, after Gengar). He just simply isn't bulky enough to take a hit switching in.
However you could run Nasty Plot and a Focus Sash on him, it might prove to be effective.

An option to consider if you want to replace infernape is Garchomp (who is immune to Togekiss' Electric weakness and resists Fire for Metagross). He can set up with Swords Dance or just be a powerhouse with Life Orb. Bulkier and more powerful, with STAB coverage, but a bit slower.

Makaveli

Gone for Good.
Hi nice team there, first off consider Roost over heatwave, as Togekiss could do with increased longevity and heat wave and aura sphere give redundant coverage. Aura sphere is better for hax abusers, and even though the burn chance on heat wave is nice, it's still toolow of a chance.

I wouldn't go with focus blast, the accuracy makes me cringe in competitive battling, and the subway it's even worse. A alternative spread on infernape is 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe to add some oomph to close combat, which is a okho on Blissey with these Ev's iirc.

And gross is standard pretty much, the only thing I can think of is trick over zen headbutt to cripple things, with a choice band. A banded meteor mash would hurt, and with the chance of a ATK boost would decimate many things.

Nice team ^_^ If I have any more ideas I will edit accordingly.

Last edited:

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Togekiss @Leftovers
Timid Nature
-Serene Grace-
~ Thunder Wave
~ Air Slash
~ Aura Sphere
~ Roost

This is probably what you would want if you're running 'kiss as a lead.ParaFlinch pretty much.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
392_infernape_front_norm.png

Infernape@Leftovers
Adamant Nature
EV: 192 Hp| 146 Atk| 168 Speed
~Substitute
~Swords Dance
~Brick Break/Mach Punch/Close Combat
~Flare Blitz/Fire Punch/Stone-Edge
The HP EV's is for Leftovers, it Brings Infernape to 176 Hp, allowing him to fully recover his HP in 15 Turns instead of 16 (Thats a 2% of difference)
Also, It's allow you to do 5 substitutes instead of 4 ^^
The Moveset:
Well, after a boost from Swords Dance, his Atk reachs 312, so what resists to Infernape movesets, gonna have a problem...

Stay Gold

BattleSubway Trainer
For Togekiss, you definitely want to replace Heat Wave with Roost, as everyone said before me, to give you more staying power, and you already get the exacty some coverage between Air Slash and Aura Sphere.

You also said the infernape would be replaceable on your team, and youd consider running Gengar instead. However, the sub-disable set is more of a competitive set than a subway set, so try this, and put it as your lead with Togekiss as backup.

Gengar@Focus Sash
Timid Nature
EVs: 4HP, 252 Sp Atk, 252 Speed
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast/Energy Ball
-Destiny Bond

One of my favorite subway leads here. The idea is to KO whatever you can, and if you cant 1-2HKO the opponent you use Destiny Bond to drag the opponent down with you. If played properly, you'll be in a 2-2 situation at worst, but usually youll find yourself in a better situation than that.

If youre going to run Trick on Metgross, use Choice Scarf, you dont want to be giving the opponent a free attack boost.

randomspot555

Re-training Togekiss in Gen 4 to get Roost and re-leveling it in BW is gonna be a pain, but I suppose it must be done. Ya'll are right, Heat Wave is only useful in limited situations, though I think it is important to have a Fire type move somewhere.

I'll use some BP and slap a Choice Band on Metagross and try without changing the moves. Even though STAB Zen Headbutt has limited uses, I'm afraid of getting stuck on Thunder/Ice Punch and forced to do a bad switch.

Even though Garchomp seems like the obvious better choice (and I have one ready in 4th gen....somewhere), I'll probably go for Gengar if only to use something different since I relied on a Garchomp in Gen 4's Battle Tower run.

Gengar w/ Focus Sash/Wise Glasses
6 HP/252 sp atk/252 speed
Timid
Levitate
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball/HP Fire or Ice (if I'm lucky)
- Destiny Bond/Focus Blast

Focus Blast is something I consider a last resort due to it's shaky accuracy. I might switch up DB/Focus Blast/Whatever depending on if I use it as a lead or not. Maybe its just because I'm ending up in the mid 20s or so, but I'm noticing a lot more Stealth Rock users popping up than I did when battling in Gen 4s Tower/Factory.

Thanks for the help guys. It'll probably be a while before I actually make these revisions, so I'll probably just post another thread assuming this has fallen back in the 2 or so weeks it might be before my next post.

Meeeps

Le Rawrz!
Re-training Togekiss in Gen 4 to get Roost and re-leveling it in BW is gonna be a pain, but I suppose it must be done.
Then just run Wish :p Togekiss usually ParaFlinches so most of the time it receives it fine. Wish also is good for healing your Focus Sasher.

Gengar is more of a lead than anything (unless you run a lead that draws in Fighting/Ground attacks), so I'd suggest sending it out first.

Energy Ball is fine as Togekiss already a Fighting move.

Good luck!!

Infernape isn't really that good on the subway, unless its leading (Infernape is my second favourite offensive lead, after Gengar). He just simply isn't bulky enough to take a hit switching in.
However you could run Nasty Plot and a Focus Sash on him, it might prove to be effective.

An option to consider if you want to replace infernape is Garchomp (who is immune to Togekiss' Electric weakness and resists Fire for Metagross). He can set up with Swords Dance or just be a powerhouse with Life Orb. Bulkier and more powerful, with STAB coverage, but a bit slower.

I agreed with Infernape being better as a lead. Heck you could use him as a suicide lead if you wanted, allowing instead for Togekiss to come in and clean up.

While Garchomp is an option, it opens up another Ice-weakness, though Metagross should be able to take care of those right away.

A few things on your team though:
.:. I think a Timid natureo n your Togekiss will be better to let it outspeed more. Of course that's if you use her as the clean up.
.:. On Infernape. I dunno about you, but I like to run the physical version better, with U-turn, Stone Edge, Close Combat and Overheat. It let's me make a quick kill and run away if need be, while still dealing a good chunk of damage with a non-STAB U-turn. If anything, I suggest you make it a specially mixed Ape, and not switch to Focus Blast.
.:. Lastly, I think Ice Punch will do better than Thunder Punch. I personally run a Toxic-Tricking set, letting me give them a permanent status they can't get rid of, and also tearing apart any item based set (like focus sash or leftovers). It's also nice to get chesto berries off of those annoying rest-users.

Meeeps

Le Rawrz!
I agreed with Infernape being better as a lead. Heck you could use him as a suicide lead if you wanted, allowing instead for Togekiss to come in and clean up.

While Garchomp is an option, it opens up another Ice-weakness, though Metagross should be able to take care of those right away.

A few things on your team though:
.:. I think a Timid natureo n your Togekiss will be better to let it outspeed more. Of course that's if you use her as the clean up.
.:. On Infernape. I dunno about you, but I like to run the physical version better, with U-turn, Stone Edge, Close Combat and Overheat. It let's me make a quick kill and run away if need be, while still dealing a good chunk of damage with a non-STAB U-turn. If anything, I suggest you make it a specially mixed Ape, and not switch to Focus Blast.
.:. Lastly, I think Ice Punch will do better than Thunder Punch. I personally run a Toxic-Tricking set, letting me give them a permanent status they can't get rid of, and also tearing apart any item based set (like focus sash or leftovers). It's also nice to get chesto berries off of those annoying rest-users.

The moveset I run Infernape with is -
U-turn/EQ (depending on how bulky the other pokes are for U-turning)
Close Combat
Overheat
Flare Blitz
The reason for Flare Blitz is sheer damage after already using Overheat (and I don't like 80% accuracy Stone Edge, lost a few times because of it).
This moveset with a Focus Sash can wipe out teams or at the very least, leave a huge dent in them.
What ideally happens is,
2-hit their first pokemon with CC
1-hit their second pokemon with Overheat (with Blaze boost)
1-hit their third pokemon with Flare Blitz (with Blaze boost)

Tricking Toxic orb is nice, but it does counteract ParaFlinch Togekiss and this doesn't seem that much like a stall team (well Togekiss is somewhat stall based, but Infernape/Metagross isn't) so I don't know how effective Toxic would be.

JustifiedTerrakion

Terrakion rage!
I like this team a lot but to give your Togekiss some time on the field get rid of Heat Wave;you have Infernape and replace Heat Wave with Wish or Roost.
I never run a Special Infernape;always physical with this moveset

Flare Blitz
EQ/Stone Edge/Rock Slide
Grass Knot/Acrobatics
Close Combat

I find this set extremely effective in the Subway.You could try it out,just sayin.But overall great team!

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Metagross @Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
252 Atk. 200 HP 56 Def.
~ Earthquake
~ Trick
~ Meteor Mash / Bullet Punch
~ Ice Punch

Lol You Trick in the start to give the opponent the Choice Scarf,then sweep.

Angel Wing

I like the team and all but how about Paraflinch Togekiss, Choice Scarf Garchomp, and Focus Sash Gengar? This team covers a lot of ground with the right movesets that are on smogon or something. My cousin used that and got to round 45. If I may post my sisters' team.

Politoed @ Choice Specs
Drizzle
Modest
252 SpAttack/252 Speed/4 HP
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Focus Blast
Scald
This is her lead and it starts the rain and powers up hydro pump and can really ruin the fire people. Ice beam is for grass coverage, while Focus Blast can rid the little rain causing amphibian to destroy the Ferrothorns. Scald is her attempt to burn and the accuracy is better but less power. I don't know much on her strategy otherwise.

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Torrent
Bold
252 HP/252 Def/4 Spdef
Scald
Toxic
Ice Beam/Focus Blast (she switches between them)
Protect

With Rain going that makes scald more effective along with the 30% burn. Toxic to cripple foes and Ice beam to counter Grass that would easily destroy her. Focus blast is used to deal with Ferrothorn only (which she seems to encounter a bit) Protect just serves as a free leftovers healing.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Sand Veil
Jolly
Outrage
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Dragon Claw

Outrage is her most used but the downside of being locked in can really hurt her landshark. Stone Edge is about her only attack vs Skarmory if she encounters one along the way. Earthquake is her Basic STAB and useful against some pokes. Dragon Claw is her 3rd STAB and her reliabilty attack so she doesn't get locked into outrage, so DClaw allows her to switch. Sorry if I wasn't allowed to post my sisters' team along with my thoughts on the OPs team.

sry to go off track a little, but if you run choice scarf on the garchomp, adamant is definitely a more logical nature to have. just a suggestion to get those major kills.