• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

First Suspect RMT for 5th Gen

Aerophoenix

The Great Speculator
First off it should be mentioned that this is designed to be as suspect as possible without reaching into obvious Uber territory (e.g. no Dialga, Reshiram, Kyogre). But as you might notice, I plucked a few things from current Ubers to test their new viability. Also, apologies for not using the normal format, but I wanted to change a few things (like adding in descriptions and current tiers).

386-3.png
Deoxys-S - Lead [Currently Ubers]
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Spe, 4 Def
Item: Light Clay
Moves:
  • Stealth Rock
  • Reflect
  • Light Screen
  • Taunt
Notes: Meant to Taunt the foe and get out Stealth Rock (the superiour opening move). Then set up screens to cover the defensive side of the team.

612-2.png
Ononokusu - Physical Sweeper [Currently Unknown]
Ability: Mold Breaker
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Item: Life Orb
Moves:
  • Dragon Claw
  • Dragon Dance
  • Earthquake
  • Rock Slide
Notes: In my greatest attempt not to use a Garchomp, I use an Onononononono ... kusu. It's job is to DDance up and sweep, and with this moveset it does so well. The moveset may look similar to, say, a Swords Dancing Garchomp, but that's for a good reason. I could have given it a Choice Scarf, or possibly a Choice band, but the only difference would be adding likely Night Slash instead of DDance. Instead, I gave it a Yache berry for defense, because honestly I wanted to save the Life Orb for ...

635-2.png
Sazandora - Mixed Attacker [Currently Unknown]
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Hasty
EVs: 252 Spe, 176 SpA, 80 Atk
Item: Life Orb
Moves:
  • Draco Meteor
  • Crunch
  • Fire Blast
  • Stone Edge
Notes: This guy is a little more Special than Physical, but he's intended to mimic old Mixmence, but with a little different coverage. I am a little unsure about the moveset, considering how diverse this big guy's movepool is. He is still holding a spot for Mixmence, who is also a viable candidate here.

380-3.png
Latias - Special Sweeper [Currently Ubers/Suspect]
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Item: Choice Specs
Moves:
  • Draco Meteor
  • Psycho Shock
  • Thunderbolt
  • Surf
Notes: I didn't even think about whether her twin brother would be in Ubers, or whether or not I could use Soul Dew (the answer is yes and no respectively). I'm trying to get as much coverage in here as possible. I eschewed Dragon Pulse for Draco Meteor, and maybe this will bite me in the arse. Psycho Shock is for STAB, but also wreck Blissey and Chansey's shits if they ever appear.

609-2.png
Shanderaa – Shadow-Tag killer [Currently Unknown]
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Item: Choice Scarf
Moves:
  • Shadow Ball
  • Fire Blast
  • Energy Ball
  • Hidden Power (Ice)
Notes: This is a killer, and naturally it had to show up on my Suspect RMT. If only it could learn Grass Knot ... but they had to keep it in check somehow. Need I explain how this can wreck a poke? I think not.

385-3.png
Jirachi - The Great Resistor [Currently OU]
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Item: Choice Scarf
Moves:
  • Iron Head
  • Ice Punch
  • Fire Punch
  • Thunderpunch
Notes: Meant to resist those types this team has a weakness to (e.g. Dragon and Ice). Also works well as an annoying offensive thing.

P.S. I replaced Salamence with Sazando for testing purposes, to see if he's Ubers or OU. Since we are playing without the item clause, I changed a few items. I am also still worried about not getting both Stealth Rock and Spikes up, so no Dual-Screen Deoxys-S yet. I still think I need something to deal with weather teams, but that may come in time.

Suggestions, comments, notes, anything? Please post!

Last edited:
Just a few quick bits of advice. Most Deoxys leads usually run Dual Screens to further support their team, and it makes them quite bulky. Also, I recommend that you put either Haban Berry or Life Orb on Ononokusu. Haban Berry because you are going to be more at risk of a powerful Dragon type attack with all the powerful Dragons running around, and Life Orb for a power boost that goes great with Dragon Dance.

Just a few quick thoughts. I'll come back and do a little more rating later.

Aerophoenix

The Great Speculator
Just a few quick bits of advice. Most Deoxys leads usually run Dual Screens to further support their team, and it makes them quite bulky. Also, I recommend that you put either Haban Berry or Life Orb on Ononokusu. Haban Berry because you are going to be more at risk of a powerful Dragon type attack with all the powerful Dragons running around, and Life Orb for a power boost that goes great with Dragon Dance.

Just a few quick thoughts. I'll come back and do a little more rating later.
Good point with the Deoxys-S. I totally forgot that (I haven't run Ubers in a very long time). However, I am not sure whether Stealth Rock or Spikes will be better this Gen. As such ... I'll stick with this for now, but keep Dual Screens in mind. And with Ononokusu, you're probably right about the Haban Berry. I just saved the Life Orb for Salamence. Who I am thinking of replacing with Sazando ...

Item Clause isn't a standard clause used by most people so running LO on Ononokusu isn't a bad idea. If you are thinking about changing Salamence try using the old standard MixMence set with Overconfidence:

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Overconfidence
Nature: Naive
240 SpA, 252 Spe, 16 Atk
Draco Meteor
Earthquake
Flamethrower
Dragon Claw

Pretty much the original set with Overconfidence and Dragon Claw over Outrage since Outrage is illegal with Overconfidence. I think it would do better than what you are running now since it would be faster and wouldn't sacrifice much SpA. If you decide to run Sazandora like you are thinking about then try running this mix set I created and posted not long ago.

Sazando@Life Orb
Hasty
Levitate
Moves:
-Draco Meteor
-Crunch / Dark Pulse
-Fire Blast / Focus Blast / Surf
-Earthquake / Stone Edge

You might want to adjust the EVs slightly if you think its necessary. I've already used it a bit myself and it has done fairly well and actually manages to catch quite a few people off guard. I would advise Crunch over Dark Pulse so you have a STAB move which you can use even after you fire off a Draco Meteor. Also run Latios over Latias. Latios does Specs and LO sets better, while Latias is better as a Calm Minder. Either replace it or change the set so it isn't outclassed. Other than that it looks pretty solid right now.

OK, here's another quick thing I noticed. At the moment, your team lacks a Dragon resist, which is important with all of the powerful Dragons running around, as well as a Rock resist. This means that DD Tyranitar can really do a number on your team. Shanderaa can outspeed it, but Energy Ball isn't going to do the job effectively enough. Therefore, to solve both of your problems I recommend this over either Shanderaa or Tyranitar.

Jirachi@Choice Scarf
Jolly
Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Def
Moves:
-Iron Head
-Fire Punch
-Ice Punch
-Thunderpunch/Trick

Pretty standard, but U-Turn has been taken off the list since scouting is much less important with you being able to see your opponent's team before the battle starts. Iron Head for STAB, Fire Punch and Ice Punch for coverage and to handle certain threats. Thunderpunch keeps you from being walled by Water types, while Trick can ruin set up sweepers if used at the right time. This is also a good reason to run Dual Screen Deoxys-S, as it will make Jirachi's job as your Dragon and Rock resist much easier. It will also help you to take these types better in general.

A quick comment: nothing can really take ice attacks, and while Shanderaa can probably kill most threats, it may be a bit scary to have nothing to take such a common attacking type. Offensive teams in the 4th gen relied heavily on resistances, so perhaps that will continue on now. Nice to see you're testing these though.

Last edited:

Aerophoenix

The Great Speculator
Item Clause isn't a standard clause used by most people so running LO on Ononokusu isn't a bad idea.
Okay then, I am used to using Shoddy when online, so Item Clause is standard.
If you decide to run Sazandora like you are thinking about then try running this mix set I created and posted not long ago.

Sazando@Life Orb
Hasty
Levitate
Moves:
-Draco Meteor
-Crunch / Dark Pulse
-Fire Blast / Focus Blast / Surf
-Earthquake / Stone Edge

You might want to adjust the EVs slightly if you think its necessary. I've already used it a bit myself and it has done fairly well and actually manages to catch quite a few people off guard. I would advise Crunch over Dark Pulse so you have a STAB move which you can use even after you fire off a Draco Meteor.
Done.
Also run Latios over Latias. Latios does Specs and LO sets better, while Latias is better as a Calm Minder. Either replace it or change the set so it isn't outclassed. Other than that it looks pretty solid right now.
I have no doubt Latios is Uber, so, as I said, I didn't consider running him at all.
OK, here's another quick thing I noticed. At the moment, your team lacks a Dragon resist, which is important with all of the powerful Dragons running around, as well as a Rock resist. This means that DD Tyranitar can really do a number on your team. Shanderaa can outspeed it, but Energy Ball isn't going to do the job effectively enough. Therefore, to solve both of your problems I recommend this over either Shanderaa or Tyranitar.

Jirachi@Choice Scarf
Jolly
Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Def
Moves:
-Iron Head
-Fire Punch
-Ice Punch
-Thunderpunch/Trick

Pretty standard, but U-Turn has been taken off the list since scouting is much less important with you being able to see your opponent's team before the battle starts. Iron Head for STAB, Fire Punch and Ice Punch for coverage and to handle certain threats. Thunderpunch keeps you from being walled by Water types, while Trick can ruin set up sweepers if used at the right time. This is also a good reason to run Dual Screen Deoxys-S, as it will make Jirachi's job as your Dragon and Rock resist much easier. It will also help you to take these types better in general.
Did the Jirachi, but I would appreciate any advice on which to drop: Stealth Rock or Spikes if I am going to run a Dual-Screen Deoxys-S.
A quick comment: nothing can really take ice attacks, and while Shanderaa can probably kill most threats, it may be a bit scary to have nothing to take such a common attacking type. Offensive teams in the 4th gen relied heavily on resistances, so perhaps that will continue on now. Nice to see you're testing these though.
Jirachi takes more care of that now.

Okay then, I am used to using Shoddy when online, so Item Clause is standard.

I've been using Shoddy for years now and Item Clause has never been standard there as far as I know.

I have no doubt Latios is Uber, so, as I said, I didn't consider running him at all.

Alright, I agree that it will likely end up Uber but you may as well take advantage of it while its available but thats still up to you.

Did the Jirachi, but I would appreciate any advice on which to drop: Stealth Rock or Spikes if I am going to run a Dual-Screen Deoxys-S.

If you are going to take the time to set up DS you won't want to waste time setting up Spikes as they are only worth it if you have multiple layers. That and SR is still superior in this metagame as far as I can tell. Urugamosu can be pretty deadly to this team after a Butterfly Dance so Rocks will help keep it in check better.

Aerophoenix

The Great Speculator
I've been using Shoddy for years now and Item Clause has never been standard there as far as I know.
Hah, maybe it's just been a personal thing.
Alright, I agree that it will likely end up Uber but you may as well take advantage of it while its available but thats still up to you.
This team is supposed to be Suspect-based, so obvious Ubers aren't included.
If you are going to take the time to set up DS you won't want to waste time setting up Spikes as they are only worth it if you have multiple layers. That and SR is still superior in this metagame as far as I can tell. Urugamosu can be pretty deadly to this team after a Butterfly Dance so Rocks will help keep it in check better.
Point taken and done.

I was thinking, with some of the negative analysis done on Shanderaa, of replacing him with Zoroark (also dubiously Suspect). If so I'd go back to Mixmence. Thoughts?