• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

First Team Build (Please Rate Fairly)

Fossil Man

CRAGLY-HO!
Hello everyone, I have decided to see if all the research and hard work that I did actually works out to something.

Actually, this is only the first of twelve...that's right, TWELVE teams consisting of my favorite pokemon that hopefully I'll be able to train them all

And without further ado, here we go!

;062;

Franky w/ Expert Belt
Quirky Nature w/ Water Absorb
248 HP/ 252 Atk/ 8 Spd

Waterfall
Brick Break
Ice Punch
Hypnosis/Bulk Up

Oh Yes, my Franky sure lives up to his One Piece counterpart because he's SUUUUUPER! Healthy Attack (and even with a 30 IV too! Lucky me!) Bulky Defenses and even semi-decent Speed...for a tadpole..

Although I am wondering which defensive option I should use, Hypnosis or Bulk Up?

;105;

Flint w/ Thick Club
Jolly Nature w/ Rock Head
4 HP/252 Atk/ 252 Spd

Double Edge
Fire Punch
Rock Slide
Earthquake

Standard Marowak here, hit something, and not just hit it hard, but beat the living CRAP outta it!

;346;

(unknown name since I haven't got it yet) w/ Leftovers
Unknown Nature w/ Suction Cups
252 HP/ 76 Sp.A/ 180 Def (thanks Copypasta...mmm delicious!)

Toxic
Recover
Energy Ball
Ancient Power/ Rock Slide

One of my FAVORITE fossil pokemon! Very unique, very strong defense and although the speed sucks it's good at taking and giving out punches, not to mention giving a couple too.

Wanna be a bit different and make Cradily here more of a Special hitter, even though it loses Earthquake. Although, I could try to make it a Mixdily but might need to get some help with building it...

;094;

(No name yet) w/ Quick Claw
No Nature Yet w/ Levitate
76 HP/ 180 Sp. A/ 252 Spd

Focus Blast
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Hypnosis

Gengar, ever since the original R/B/Y series I've had this guy by my side! Love Gengar, nice Special sweeper with a tiny bit of HP EV's to make sure he lasts more than a shot of Psychic.

;212;

(No name yet) w/ King's Rock or Razor Claw (just in case of Crits ^^)
No Nature Yet w/ Technician
EV's required, will need assistance

Bullet Punch
Brick Break
X-Scissor/ U-Turn
Roost

Where insult meets injury there's Scizor! With my soft spot of bugs AND has awesome type plus nice attack!

;229;

(no name yet) w/ Wise Glasses or Leftovers
No Nature Yet w/ Flash Fire
Ev's required, will need assistance. At least something with Sp.A

Flamethrower
Nasty Plot
Will-O-Wisp
Dark Pulse

Another Special Sweep. Love Houndoom and remember how much it kicked my *** in Gold/Silver...so I decide to make one my own. A Glass Cannon I know, but it'll hit hard!

--------------------------------------

There's my team! Thanks to Serebii with some of the Copypasta!

Sorry my team doesn't have a lot of specifics since I haven't fully raised or breeded them yet. If I get high IV's then my natures might change from what the competitive places say

...stupid random IV's....>.<

Anyways, please rate and critique fairly.

CRAGLY-HO!

GigaPichu

Nice team u got here. :D

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Wise Glasses instead of Quick Claw on Gengar.
Putting Quick Claw on a Pokemon with 110 Base Speed and 252 Speed EV is....rather useless lol

Use Modest Nature for Gengar.
Timid Nature for Houndoom.

Fossil Man

CRAGLY-HO!
I'm not worried about Nature as much as anything. Sure it gives a 110% boost to certain things but if it's IV's are pretty dang good or it has an ability that I need more I'm more happy with that

Although, luck was a kind lady when I did hatch a Horsea with Swift Swim, a Modest Nature and fair Sp.A IV

Thanks though, I'll defiantly consider the Wise Glasses.

SteveShmo

My grandma's a troll
Saying that Franky lacks leftovers or a healing move, I'd go with hypnosis. You couldn't take a lot of hits while using bulk up a lot if you don't have any means of recovering.

Good Marowak.

It's hard to say what to go with for Cradily. I personally think that Ancient Power would be better because it's special and it's ability is more useful then Rock Slide (can't flinch your opponent if he's faster), but Rock Slide is strong and a physical could come in handy when dealing with special walls.

Building on to what Shiny Trainer said, you could also use Life Orb if you really want some power, but if the HP drop is unfavourable then sick with Wide Lens.

For Scizor, I think the EVs should be 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe . For your moves, you could get rid of a Bug move for Sword Dance if you want more power, and you could also use Superpower instead of Brick Break. If your sticking with a Bug move, then Brick Break would go well with X-scissors and Superpower and U-turn can allow you to hit and run. Leftovers is a better item for this set.

Again, go with Shiny Trainer's suggestion and for the EVs put 4HP, 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Spe.

I'm not to good at rating, but I hoped I help. Also you said you didn't care about natures so I didn't put that in. If you want me to I will.

Fossil Man

CRAGLY-HO!
Indeed you did help a lot!

I agree with the move for Franky, although he does have Water Absorb as an ability, I might not be able to do a bait and switch easily..so Hypnosis would seem really good to it

I know about the Marowak, he's the only one fully raised to the 60's and he's a HOUSE!

Cradily...Cradily is hard, and it's nice to see that someone gave me a bit of ideas. I like Ancientpower because of the Stat raises, even though it's at a real low chance. However, it only has 5 PP which doesn't seem much...

Now, even though I don't want to put Life Orb on, as I don't like the disadvantage it gives, I'm curious on who you wanted to give it to? Gengar or Houndoom?

Nice EV's for Scizor, although I do want to keep the moves just because it's STAB for Scizor and gives it a decent coverage, especially since I only have one other pokemon for Grass, Psychic, and other surprise types.

um...I like Break Break as opposed to Superpower becuase of the disadvantages so I'll keep with the X-S and BB with Leftovers

Thanks for the EV suggestions

Fossil Man

CRAGLY-HO!
Pardon for the Double Post, as I know that it is very annoying, however, I need a question needing an answer immediately

What would be a good Nature for my Scizor?

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ Why not edit the question into your last post then?

An Adamant Nature is good for Scizor, because it increases its amazing attack and Scizor doesn't really mind Speed becauese its Base is quite low, and it mostly uses Bullet Punch to attack anyway.

Fossil Man

CRAGLY-HO!
The reason why, was the fact that I requested for immediate help, and usually the Edit button doesn't bring you to the top of the list. During that time, I needed help ASAP, but sadly had no response

I was actually thinking of trying it with my Jolly Scyther, replacing Bullet Punch with Metal Claw as it gets the STAB and Technician boost as well, but...I can try to keep breeding to see if I can.

Thanks anyways

Fossil Man

CRAGLY-HO!
It's Attack for the most part too. I'm thinking I will rebreed her, since she has a high Sp. D IV already and after finding a partner with a high Attack IV, I'll have a higher chance of getting great results.

By the way, thanks for saying something about how the female also affects IV's ^^