• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

First Team (RMT)

iceman26

Starting to get into competitive play, had some success with this team but want to see if i can make it better.

The Team:
;031;;254;;009;:635:;232;;135;

;031;
Nidoqueen (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Tail
Nidoqueen is my lead and hazard pokemon. She has great defense to take hits while setting up toxic spikes for team as well as being able to hit hard with earth power and ice beam. I also have dragon tail to switch out threats while also adding harzard damage. She has helped me when wearing down opponents. She also can take hits from threats of Hydreigon and blastoise.

;254;
Sceptile (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse
One of my special attack sweepers. He has great speed and can surprise opponents with his hidden power fire while also hitting dragon types hard with dragon pulse. Leaf Storm is his STAB move and can take out ground opponents that threaten nidoqueen. Focus Blast is used to steel, ice, and dark threats. Hidden Power fire is also use to surprise threats of sceptile. Dragon Pulse is used to take out dragon types such as dragonite, salemence, etc.

;009;
Blastoise (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Toxic
- Protect
- Ice Beam
My favorite pokemon of all time. He has great bulk and can take hits as well has taking threats of nidoqueen, hydreigon, and sceptile. I have max hp and special defense to take hits making him my special defense tank. I can also stall with the toxic and protect combo, is an annoyer. trying to figure out a good set with him cause i love using blastoise.

:635:
Hydreigon (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Superpower
My mixed attacker. Hydreigon has great type coverage and can hit oppenents hard. With Dark Pulse, a STAB move, he can take out psychic threats of nidoqueen as well as useful against jellicent and reuniculus and will clear out ghost types for donphan to set up stealth rocks. Draco meteor, Hydreigon's best move, can hit opponents hard as well as make opponents switch in with steel types where Hydreigon can hit with fire blast. Superpower is used for the likes of blissey as well as tyrannitar and heatran.

;232;
Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 248 HP / 4 Atk / 4 Spd
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Rapid Spin
My defensive tank and rapid spinner. He has great defensive bulk, along with sturdy allows him to set up stealth rocks and clear hazards very nicely. Also he is able to hit opponents hard with earthquake. Roar is used to phaze out threats and can deal hazard damage.

;135;
Jolteon (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Signal Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
Another special attacker and my late game sweeper. He has superb speed and can hit water types hard and other types that are not resistance to thunderbolt. Volt Switch is used to scout opponent teams. Signal Beam is a coverage move. Hidden Power ice is used to take out dragon types.

Last edited:

iceman26

New to the world of competitive battling so any advice would be really appreciated.

Rosez66

Ace trainer
Out well firstly I would add a fire type for grass/fire/water core and in all honesty blastiose can rapid spin so donphan isn't really needed so I would replace donphan with a fire type. I would recommend a physical fire type otherwise you will comeltly walled by blissey, trouble is a physical fire type....... Maybe try out flash fire arcanine. It may proof useful.

Along with this toxic spikes are probably the worst entry hazard as they are so easy to get rid of, I would suggest ferrothron for a hazard setter, reason is its a lot more bulkier and can set down the more useful stealth rock and spikes. Which are harder to get rid off.

You also might want to consider a spin blocker to keep the entry hazards down.

Atrocious

I would use Heatran over Donphan actually as Heatran can setup rocks that Arcanine cannot. As stated above, Blissey and Tyranitar can give this team problems with their massive special bulk. Not sure anything on this team can 2HKO Tyranitar besides Sceptile's Focus Blast which doesn't reliably hit twice in a row and with it's paltry bulk can get KOed by Crunch or other coverage options it has. Nidoqueen's Earth Power and Blastoise Hydro Pump might 2HKO but not sure as they have no investment. You rely on Hydreigon to take out these threats so maybe a WishPasser or EVs from Def to SpA on Nidoqueen to secure the 2HKo?

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
First off, this team is walled to oblivion by eviolite chansey. Hydreigon is your best check to it, 3hkoing it with superpower. However, superpower gets weaker after each hit, meaning chansey can essentially toxic stall you to death, so it's not the best. There's a lot more problems I can see, but they're so numerous I'll just stop here.

Before I suggest changes, I'll make one correction on your hydreigon's description. You say it's there for psychics, though when alakazam comes in to this picture, your description becomes wrong. It can't switch directly into hydreigon without a focus sash but it does outspeed and is guarenteed an OHKO with focus blast when stealth rock is up.

So, this team can go in a few different directions. However, they all involve removing your first 3 pokes in some way. Rain, sun, or weatherless are your best bets.

Rain: Replace nidoqueen, sceptile, donphan, and more than likely blastoise with common rain abusers. The first is, of course, politoed. If you're still wanting toxic spikes, tentacruel is a suitable replacement for nidoqueen. Tenta, however, kinda negates the need for both blastoise and donphan since the standard set carries rapid spin. However, if you don't want toxic spikes, go with a rain dish blastoise for rapid spin. To replace your lack of stealth rock, add ferrothorn, who will also patch up your huge dragon weakness. It also get spikes in case you're wanting to put more hazards on the field. Your last poke needs to be a physical sweeper. I'd suggest breloom here because his mach punch will greatly help. Also, replace thunderbolt on jolteon with thunder.

Sun:Ninetales is a given. The other 2 aren't really, but go with a mixed chlorophyll venusaur and heatran (to set up stealth rock). I'd recommend dugtrio for your last poke to trap other weather inducers. If you're not liking jolteon, replace it with a quiver dance volcarona.

For weatherless, I'll let some other rater give suggestions for that, I've been working on this rate for too long...

McDanger

For weatherless, nidoqueen is the biggest staple defensivly, walling terrakion and threatening breloom, and threatening massive damage on anything that tries to switch in, which is good for hydreigon, a well timed double switch and nidoqueen will KO the fighting or take a huge hit out of something. NOw i would suggest latias over sceptile because sceptile lacks the bulk for a priority filled OU, while latias handles so major weather threats like sun venusaur, rain keldeo, landorus i and thunderus therian. Furthermore, LO latias takes over sceptiles role as a fast sweeper, while adding a rain resistant defender to the team. Next i would switch donphan to landorus therian as its a big help handling threats like dragonite, tyrannitar, and scizor, and a rock polish set gives you a fast, incredibly powerful sweeper. I would redo blastoises evs to a physically bulky set to help handle mamoswine, whos the main ice pokemon in OU. Lastly i would suggest u turn celebi over jolteon as a rocker and a second answer to landorus i, thunderus therian, and keldeo

iceman26

Thank you all for your advice ill try and make the necessary changes.

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
For weatherless, nidoqueen is the biggest staple defensivly, walling terrakion and threatening breloom, and threatening massive damage on anything that tries to switch in, which is good for hydreigon, a well timed double switch and nidoqueen will KO the fighting or take a huge hit out of something. NOw i would suggest latias over sceptile because sceptile lacks the bulk for a priority filled OU, while latias handles so major weather threats like sun venusaur, rain keldeo, landorus i and thunderus therian. Furthermore, LO latias takes over sceptiles role as a fast sweeper, while adding a rain resistant defender to the team. Next i would switch donphan to landorus therian as its a big help handling threats like dragonite, tyrannitar, and scizor, and a rock polish set gives you a fast, incredibly powerful sweeper. I would redo blastoises evs to a physically bulky set to help handle mamoswine, whos the main ice pokemon in OU. Lastly i would suggest u turn celebi over jolteon as a rocker and a second answer to landorus i, thunderus therian, and keldeo

I assumed this was uu.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
In PO, this would be a UU team cuz Hydreigon is now UU there, but on PS, it is OU since Hydreigon is OU there.