• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

First time Comp. Team

Displeased Owl

NCTH Leader
First Time Standard OU Team

Hey there, I recently just got back into competitive battling, but i never was an expert or anything. So I'm still fairly new to it....anyhoo here's my team for use in standard OU and basic concepts. Am open to ANY and ALL criticisms and willing to improve :)

The Lead

dpmfb480.png

Uxie @ Sitrus Berry
Sassy Nature
252 HP/252 Def/4 Sp. Def

Yawn
Stealth Rock
U-Turn
Extrasensory/Protect

Pretty simple. Set up an SR or yawn. then protect in the free turn or u-turn out.

dpmfb006.png

Charizard @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
252 Spd/252 Sp. Atk/4 HP

Dragon Pulse
Air Slash
Focus Blast
Flamethrower

Flamethrower for STAB and scizor. Dragon Pulse hits dragons, air slash for flinches and STAB, focus blast hits T-tar pretty hard.

dpmfb344.png

Claydol @ Leftovers or Light Clay
Bold Nature
252 HP/129 Def/ 129 Sp. Def/

Rapid Spin
Light Screen/Ice Beam
Reflect
Explosion

Explosion...well pretty self explanatory. Ice beam takes out those pesky dragons, reflect gives my team support with physical attacks that i know will OHKO most of them. Rapid Spin gets rid of SR for 'Zard.

dpmfb245.png

Suicune @ Leftovers/Chesto or Lum Berry
Hardy Nature
252 HP/252 Def/4 Sp. Def

Calm Mind
Ice Beam
Surf
Mirror Coat/Shadow Ball/Rest

CM Cune hits for heavy damage. 252 in defense because i know i'll be CMing a lot. Ice Beam for dragons, surf for STAB and any rhyperiors. Shadow Ball hits any rotom appliances. May chuck mirror coat in but it won't do a great deal once CM kicks in. Rest for stalling and staying in the game.

dpmfb142.png

Aerodactyl (Rock Head) @Life Orb
252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP

Fire Fang/Ice Fang
Crunch/Aerial Ace
Earthquake
Stone Edge

Fire fang for bronzong, skarmory etc. Ice fang for the dragons. Crunch hits Rotom appliances, AA for flying STAB, EQ for majority of threats and stone edge for stab, zapdos, and gyara

dpmfb135.png

Jolteon @ Lum Berry
252 Spd/252 Sp. Atk/4 HP

Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
HP Ice/Grass
Substitute

HP Ice hits dragons, HP Grass for Swamperts. TB hits Gyarados.

And that's all folks, thanks for your time in advance and I await your (inevitable) criticism :p lol​

Last edited:

Troggy

Before anyone rates, you need to decide what tier you are planning to play in. Your team is a mix of UU (Claydol, Zard, Uxie), OU (Suicune, Jolteon), and Uber (Garchomp). Since this team would fare poorly in the Uber tier, I would recommend replacing Garchomp to start so that you can battle in the standard OU tier.

Displeased Owl

NCTH Leader
Duly noted, standard OU it is then. i thought chomp was OU?

Edit: My bad, it is still Uber. Am gonna replace it
Edit (ii): Changes made, Chomp replaced with Aerodactyl
FINAL EDIT: Team presented properly

Last edited:

Shining Latios

Uxie
Relaxed Nature
- T-Bolt
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock
- Amnesia

Suicune@Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Toxic
- Surf
- Calm Mind

Displeased Owl

NCTH Leader
again yeah i see the fatal flaw. uxie lacked a strong STAB and would be pretty useless. Suicune would need more stalling capabilities too. cheers for the feedback, and aren't you on marriland as well?

Displeased Owl

NCTH Leader
serious? i swear i've seen a similar name AND a similar avvy? ah well
on topic though: i've been told to switch jolty for E-vire. however the integrity of those rates has been mixed, with some telling me to go mixvire, which i highly doubt. also what would be an easier option to get than HP Grass considering i don't breed like crazy? :p