• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

First time making a team. Opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

General mustang

So, I'm pretty new to team building in Pokemon, soo yeah. Lol.

Milotic
Ability: Marvel Scale
Nature: Bold
Item: Leftovers

Scald
Recover
Ice Beam
Dragon Tail

Donphan
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Impish

Stealth Rock
Rapid Spin
Ice Shard
Earthquake

Clefable
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Calm

Wish
Knock Off
Seismic Toss
Heal Bell

Scyther
Ability: Technician
Nature: Jolly
Item: Choice Scarf

U-Turn
Aerial Ace
Pursuit
Quick Attack

Mismagius
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
Item: Life Orb

Nasty Plot
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power Fighting
Thunderbolt

Medicham
Ability: Pure Power
Item: Choice Band

Hi Jump Kick
Psycho Cut
Ice Punch
Fire Punch

So, there is my team so far. Opinions? :p

Yes I do like the team. Personaly I wouldn't use Clefable. But still, Great team!

Shiny Swalot

Shiny Swalot Powerz!
well, since I never rate teams, I dont know if my opinion is useful, but I will give it a try:

If you can change natures, go for the natures too; else just only change the moves probably

Milotic
Ability: Marvel Scale
Nature: Timid this will profit your speed more, so that you can outspeed more things

Scald
Recover
Ice Beam
Dragon Pulse your dragon tail is weakend by its low attack. Teach it via move tutor

Donphan
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: careful donphans defense is already pretty high, whereas its defense is kinda bad

Stealth Rock
Rapid Spin
seed bomb kind of personal, though there is no grass type on your team, so this could help you
Earthquake

Clefable
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: modest total different, since its potential lies more in its SpAtt

Wish
psychic just for coverage
ice beam/flamethrower/thundderbolt coverage + preference
Heal Bell

Scizor I would evolve it, for boost of attack
Ability: Technician
Item: Choice Scarf

U-Turn
Aerial Ace
Pursuit
night slash/x-scissor if you increase your speed via nature already, you dont need a priority move IMO. just preference for you again

Mismagius
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
Item: Life Orb

Nasty Plot
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power Fighting
Thunderbolt

Medicham
Ability: Pure Power
Item: Choice Band

Hi Jump Kick
Psycho Cut
Ice Punch
Fire Punch

No, I havent forgot the last ones. I think they are just fine.
Boy this takes time...

Aura Sensei™

User Title
It'd be best if you disregard virtually everything Shiny Swalot says, as he/she is making lol posts.

Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin are both pointless ingame, unless you're planning on playing Competitive, drop Donphan. It's inferior to a lot of other Ground Types as a Sweeper, such as Landorus or Excadrill.

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Rush
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor

Landorus @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Force
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Return

Landorus would be difficult to obtain, so Exca is a better option.

KillerDraco

I believe what Aura is trying to imply is that your advice is not good.

If you're intending to use an offensive Clefable, go all out with it. Wish and Heal Bell are less useful in-game due to the existence of items, and this clearly isn't a Battle Subway team so their usefulness there isn't really a factor at the moment. For an offensive Clefable, consider this:

Clefable @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
Magic Guard
-Calm Mind
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Fire Blast

Magic Guard and Life Orb go together like peanut butter and jelly. You get all the extra damage with none of the recoil. Even with a Modest Nature and Life Orb though, Clefable's special attack isn't the greatest by default, so Calm Mind serves to boost it, in addition to its special bulk. Thunderbolt and Ice Beam have phenomenal coverage together, forming the infamous "BoltBeam" combo. Fire Blast rounds off coverage by frying Steel types who might otherwise give some trouble.

While I agree about evolving Scyther into Scizor (especially since Choice Scarf Scyther lacks bulk and power), it should ALWAYS have Bullet Punch, and NEVER have X-Scissor. Really, there is no reason to use X-Scissor on Scizor; U-Turn has better utility, and Bug Bite deals more damage due to Technician for a non-switching Bug type STAB. Try one of these:

Scizor @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
Technician
-Bullet Punch
-Bug Bite
-Brick Break
-Swords Dance

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
Technician
-Bullet Punch
-U-Turn
-Superpower
-Pursuit

I wouldn't advise the latter if you're already using Band Medicham. The latter also tends to be more oriented towards competitive rather than in-game. But Bullet Punch is obvious on both, as it's a fantastic priority move that packs a huge punch considering STAB and Technician. Scizor needs a fighting type move to not be totally walled by steel types; Superpower is the strongest option, but Brick Break can be better for a SD set due to not decreasing your stats.

Last edited:

unresponsive

still in a dream, skin eater
i agree that if this is a strictly in-game team rapid spin and stealth rock are pointless. i'd also say so is knock off and even heal bell since you can just use items, but that's your preference. if you really want clefable to stay supportive rather than offensive you can probably keep wish, and give it thunderwave or toxic. the only problem with this is that if you don't 2HKO some AI (like gym leaders or the E4) they'll just full restore off your status..definitely give it either light screen, reflect or both though!

get rid of quick attack on that scizor, you get no benefit from it. bullet punch has STAB and essentially does the same thing. take out pursuit as well, as the AI pretty much never switches. i am liking KillerDraco's first scizor moveset for you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.