• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

First Trick Room Team!

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Hello everyone.
Let's start off on what rule set this team is following. I'll mainly be using this team on Battle Spot Doubles, as well as the upcoming Wi-Fi competitions released by Nintendo.

This is my first Trick Room team, I've made one in the past on Black 2. It was more of a Semi-Trick Room team and it didn't work out as much since 3 pretty much needed it while the other 3 were crippled by it.

This team is still under development meaning I'm open to changes. Better Trick Room set up, Sweepers with-in Trick Room, Support, Natures, Move sets, etc. I do have a couple Pokemon in mind that I could swap out that are mentioned below.

Here's the team
233.png

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 20 Hp/ 252 Def/ 4 Sp.Atk/ 236 Sp.Def
-Ice Beam
-Tri Attack
-Recover
-Trick Room
Eviolite Porygon2 is pretty bulky and with my EV spread it's able to tank just about anything. Even without hardly any investment in Sp.Atk base 105 allows Porygon2 to be a decent attacker. It'll have no problem at putting up two Trick Rooms unless faced with Guts Conkeldurr or M-Lucario. Trace ability will allow Porygon2 to pick up a decent ability from my opponent. Relaxed nature maximizes it's Def also lowering it's Speed to take advantage of Trick Room. Ice Beam is a decent move it'll be for countering taunt users. Tri Attack a good STAB move to dent my opponents team with a 20% chance to cause either Burn, Paralyze, or Freeze. Recover allows Porygon2 to regain health back and not being able to take it out quickly it can be a nightmare.

475.png

Gallade @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Nature: Brave
EVs: 252 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 4 Sp.Def
-Trick Room
-Close Combat
-Shadow Sneak
-Heal Pulse
Gallade my other Trick Room user. It acts more like a support sweeper. Brave allows it take advantage of Trick Room. Close Combat is a great STAB move, will mainly use it for quick kill unless Trick Room is set up due to the decrease in defenses. Shadow Sneak is a decent priority move used to counter it's weakness to Ghost. Heal Pulse is for supporting it's partner.

302.png

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 Hp/ 120 Def/ 136 Sp.Def
-Fake Out
-Will-O-Wisp
-Taunt
-Foul Play
My taunt and Fake Out user. With it's Prankster ability being able to taunt is guaranteed before my opponent has the chance to set up or taunt back. Fake out is also great at stopping opposing foes from moving while Sableye's partner sets up. Will-O-Wisp allows to burn my opponent crippling sweepers. If by chance Sableye gets taunt it has Foul Play to use. Calm nature lowers it's Atk and increase Sp.Def.

303-m.png

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate/Huge Power
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 4 Sp.Def
-Play Rough
-Sucker Punch
-Iron Head
-Swords Dance
Mega Mawile is destructive without TR because of Huge Power but inside TR it's a monster and a great sweeper. Intimidate lowers both opposing pokemon's Atk which is great against physical sweepers. It can then immediately mega evolve an gain it's Huge Power ability. Adamant + 252 Atk maximizes it's attack allowing it to hit as hard as it can. Swords Dance is used to increase it's Atk even more. Play Rough can deal heavy damage to anything that doesn't resist it(even some that do). Sucker Punch allows it to knock out any fast sweepers with poor defense. An any Fairy's can be dealt with Iron head.

479-w.png

Rotom-W @ Assault Vest
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Modest
EVs: 4 Def/ 252 Sp.Atk/ 252 Spd
-Thunderbolt/Volt Switch
-Hydro Pump
-Shadow Ball
-Dark Pulse
First sweeper that can be used outside of TR. While Rotom-W isn't the fastest due to it's base 86 Speed, it does have decent bulk and Sp.Atk. This is actually the Rotom-W that I've been using for a while now in X&Y, I've only changed up the item and two moves. With the Assault Vest Rotom-W receives a boost in Sp.Def but can only use attacking move. Thunderbolt or Volt Switch, Tbolt is a great STAB move less power then Thunder but more accuracy. Volt Switch deals damage and allows Rotom-W to switch out of the battle. Hydro Pump a powerful STAB move it'll hit hard. Shadow Ball is to deal with threats like Mega Gengar and Alakazam. Dark Pulse as well however Volt Switch might instead replace it.

230.png

Kingdra @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
Nature: Modest
EVs: 4 Hp/ 252 Sp.Atk/ 252 Spd
-Focus Energy
-Draco Meteor
-Scald
-Flash Cannon
Last but certainty not least is Kingdra. One of my top ten favorite Pokemon and I've used one in the past on a rain dance team. I used the double dance set and I loved using it. I've heard that something changed with Crits after a pokemon uses focus energy and is holding Scope lens? Kingdra with it's Sniper ability it increases the power of Crit-hits fro 150% to 200%. Using the move Focus Energy and holding Scope Lens it'll be dealing crit's often. Draco Meteor great STAB move and is pretty destructive especially getting a crit which can actually make a big dent in special walls. Scald is a decent STAB move with a chance to burn. Flash Cannon is for countering Kingdra's weakness to Fairies.

534.png

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Nature: Brave/Adamant
EVs: 212 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 44 Def
-Hammer Arm
-Drain Punch
-Rock Slide/Stone Edge
-Detect
Guts Conkeldurr a very serious threat when inside TR. Flame Orb burns Conkeldurr instead of lowering it's attack it's ability Guts increases it. Brave is to take full advantage when TR is set up which is actually preferred over Adamant. Hammer Arm is very powerful STAB that gives Conkeldurr the advantage in TR by lowing it's Speed. Drain Punch can heal back the recoil it receives from burn. Rock Slide or Stone Edge to deal with Flying types. Detect is great instead of Protect due to imprison users and can be used to stall Gale Wings Talonflame while it's partner takes it out.

437.png

Bronzong @ Sitrus Berry/Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 252 Hp/ 4 Atk/ 252 Sp.Def
-Trick Room
-Gyro Ball
-Light Screen
-Protect
Another Trick Room user, Bronzong is a great wall. Mental Herb allows Bronzong to ignore any taunt user, while Sitrus Berry can heal back hp allowing it to continue to stall and support. Trick Room of course will be used first, Gyro Ball is great STAB move due to Bronzong's low Speed. Light Screen supports Sp.Def against spread moves. An Protect to allow it's partner to take out the threat.

Any changes your more then welcome to post and is most appreciated.
Thank you for reading.