• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

First try at O/U team

onedumbwrestler

So, I'm trying a singles OU competitive team for the first time. Some of these sets are borrowed from Smogon, and some I've messed with myself:
:579:
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
Reuniclus is bulky enough to at least set up Trick Room and get a hit in, if not more than that. I gave him both shadow ball and focus blast for coverage against ghost/dark.
;248;
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SDef / 4 HP
Sassy Nature
- Crunch
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
Tyranitar is a good follow-up to Reuniclus. With trick room in effect and expert belt, he can deal with most threats to my TR setter.
;429;
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
My speedster just in case the trick room doesn't pan out or reuniclus falls early.
;445;
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
A good setup sweeper. High defense just so he lasts long enough to do some damage.

These last two I've been messing with. I wanted Excadrill as my spinner but he's uber, so I went with a cover Cloyster:
;091;
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 84 Atk / 248 HP / 176 Def
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Icicle Spear
- Toxic Spikes
- Surf

I also tried a Sub/Spore Breloom, but that didn't really cut it for me, so I switched to a SubStall Gliscor:
;207;
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 184 Def / 252 HP / 72 Spd
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Ice Fang

I have toyed with the idea of a Balloon Heatran instead of Gliscor, I'm just not sure how well that'd work. I'd love to hear analyses and suggestions.

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Pretty standard, no comments here.

Tyranitar @ Expert Belt
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SDef / 4 HP
Sassy Nature
- Crunch
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Y U NO EDGEQUAKE? Anyway, joking aside, Stone Edge on this set over Aqua Tail would help you a lot. Aqua Tail doesn't hit much that's already covered by something else. And it gets STAB and hits like a train. Oh, and max out HP before you go to either defense. Adds more bulk overall.

Mismagius @ Spell Tag
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

1. Gengar outclasses this in every way in OU
2. Gengar outclasses this in every way in OU.... What do you mean I already said that?

I see no reason not to use good ol' Gengar, either SubDisable or a more offensive set (but SubDisable's betterrrrrrr...)

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Nice, YacheChomp. I like. Again, HP over Def.

Cloyster @ Leftovers
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 84 Atk / 248 HP / 176 Def
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Icicle Spear
- Toxic Spikes
- Surf

Starmie and Tentacruel are better spinners really. Cloyster should most always run Shell Smash offense.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 184 Def / 252 HP / 72 Spd
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Ice Fang

I'd run EQ over Toxic, but the set works fine. SubHeal Gliscor is ANNOYING.

So some of what I suggested makes no sense for a TR team, and that's because you're taking a team that is not by any means a TR team and trying to use it as one. One TR setter does not make a TR team (I use 3 on mine, Reuniclus, Cofagrigus and Porygon2). Right now you have Reuniclus as a standalone TR sweeper and 5 other mons that try to use a TR Reuniclus alone can't maintain. So if you want to go the TR team route, you should probably get a couple more setters on board. If you want to go the other route, just change the rest of the team to not rely on Trick Room. Reuniclus works great as a standalone TR sweeper, just not as the only setter on an entire TR team.

onedumbwrestler

So, I probably should have clarified... This isn't meant to be a whole TR team. TR is there to set up Reuniclus (and possibly T-Tar if I need him). I thought it'd be fun to use, but not rely on... It has worked decently so far. I picked Cloyster for typing, so maybe switch in Shell Smash for T-Spikes? I gave Gliscor Toxic just to be that much more annoying when stalling. Switched out Stone Edge for Aqua Tail and I'll work on Gengar. I had mismagius for the better movepool, but I guess Gengar can setup sweep just as well.

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
All you need coverage wise is Ghost/Fighting. Gengar's got it. Its best set is probably Sub/Disable/Shadow Ball/Focus Blast with Lefties/Black Sludge